Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 May 2009, 11:22 am

Did you know that there is something called a Fetal Inclusion, which, according to Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, is defined as follows: Malformed twins, in which one, the parasite, is completely enclosed within its host, the autosite. 8O :eew:

Aldebaran
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 May 2009, 1:18 pm

Did you know that you properly lack Magnesium if you are in the Autistic spectrum.

" In one study of 116 children with ADHD, 95% were magnesium deficient"

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 May 2009, 9:14 pm

Come on, you guys! I was expecting to see all sorts of fantastic and interesting facts here, or even ideas. Surely you have come across something really weird that you'd like to share?

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 10:32 pm

Most humans on this planet were born with anencephaly, also known as being born without a brain. I know on sites it says that you can't gain consciousness, and die, somehow they got it wrong! Humans have existed for a long time with this, and I don't know how. It happens 1 in every 1.1 births. It is a less severe form of it, where as some people are missing their whole skull (in the more severe cases...the ones you DON'T live from), you have your head but without a brain inside. That is the most common type. I was born with it too, but won't be human for long! I have seen total stupidity for so long and so often that it HAS to be true!! ! I mean in the right conditions, how difficult is it to go the speed limit???? To stop at STOP signs? To use a "brain"? I have proof that humans don't have brains!! I think that humans overall are getting dumber as time goes on and the school system I went through many years ago doesn't help. In school, you are more focused on not getting bullied than doing your work! Most people during teenage years don't care about learning. All they care about is something known as SAD. Sex, Alcohol, Drugs. Not Seasonal Affective Disorder. Thank God I'm not a teenager anymore! I hope some people on here if they are teenagers don't do those things! They are bad for you!! ! I'm so old!! ! Older than all of you PUT TOGETHER!! "Human" doesn't compute. Out where I live, there ain't no humans. Just cows. Real high tech, eh???

pennypincher
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 May 2009, 10:44 am

This may not be weird enough for you; but it really happened. A couple of years ago, we went on vacation to Lake St. Mary's in Ohio. Four of us went swimming several times and got our heads wet. Within two weeks of arriving home we all starting losing hair! When my boys would comb their hair, it looked like it was snowing. My daughter and I lost hair too. It still is not as thick as before. The members of the family who did not get their heads wet did not lose hair.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 May 2009, 10:52 am

That is weird! I wonder if there were any chemicals, from nearby industry that caused that.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

09 May 2009, 4:05 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
Did you know that there is something called a Fetal Inclusion, which, according to Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, is defined as follows: Malformed twins, in which one, the parasite, is completely enclosed within its host, the autosite. 8O :eew:

Oh, yes. Aka fetus in fetu. I saw a kid with this on TV a while back - I seem to remember it was in India. He was undergoing surgery to have the malformed twin removed from his abdomen.

Now another weird thing is a kind of tumor often seen in women, usually on the ovary, although it occasionally occurs in other parts of the body, called a teratoma (which literally means 'monster tumor'). They're mostly benign, but they can get quite big. But they develop from germ cells - i.e. cells that would normally develop into eggs - and they contain tissues that resemble those found in a fetus, albeit in a disorganized form.

Your average teratoma - and I've seen the things - is about big enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and is basically a hollow sac, made of skin, often lined with hair, and containing icky greasy stuff, kind of like very liquid earwax. They're about the most gross-looking things you've ever seen. And - I haven't seen this, but some of my pathology colleagues have seen it at other places they've worked - some of them contain bits of bone and almost fully formed teeth. And you get the very rare one that contains an eyeball.

Nobody was about to eat, were they?

Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 4:27 pm

:0 that is awesome...

*just ate, but immediately goes to google it*

I just found one with a little arm like..thing..

is it weird that I want to keep it as my pet?
If so, I suppose it fits the thread's subject perfectly.

Never want to get it myself though... it looks awfully painful.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 May 2009, 6:06 pm

1234 wrote:
is it weird that I want to keep it as my pet?
If so, I suppose it fits the thread's subject perfectly.

:lol:

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 6:59 pm

pennypincher wrote:
This may not be weird enough for you; but it really happened. A couple of years ago, we went on vacation to Lake St. Mary's in Ohio. Four of us went swimming several times and got our heads wet. Within two weeks of arriving home we all starting losing hair! When my boys would comb their hair, it looked like it was snowing. My daughter and I lost hair too. It still is not as thick as before. The members of the family who did not get their heads wet did not lose hair.

[from wikipedia]

Due to the increasingly high levels of lake pollution, E Coli Bacteria, and related algae levels, Grand Lake is rapidly dying off as a destination lake and is considered by the The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency to be "IMPAIRED" due to "stream channelization, drainage tiles, loss of floodplains and streamside vegetation, manure runoff and untreated sewage flowing from failing home septic systems and small communities without any wastewater collection or treatment." A 4" visibility is an approximation, as the clarity fades due to the thick, green, algae-laden consistency of the water. Fishing, short of Carp, Catfish, and Gizzard Shad (a fish that prefers "swamp-like environs), has become virtually nonexistent. It is hoped that the Governor of Ohio, Ted Strickland, finally take an interest in saving what was once a beautiful destination for families, boaters, and fishermen alike.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 8:45 pm

This is the weirdest plant I've ever seen.

Mammillaria bocasana cv. 'Fred'. Yes, it's name is Fred -- a plant with this much personality needs a name. :wink:

Believe it or not, it's a cactus. It's a montrose form of Mammillaria bocasana. Translated into English, it's a mutant plant.

http://www.cactus-art.biz/schede/MAMMILLARIA/Mammillaria_bocasana/Mammillaria_bocasana_fred/Mammillaria_bocasana_fred.htm

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 May 2009, 11:31 pm

That is weird! It looks like a crowd of mutants staring up at you...

Trimalchio
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2009, 7:11 pm

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:

Oh, yes. Aka fetus in fetu. I saw a kid with this on TV a while back - I seem to remember it was in India. He was undergoing surgery to have the malformed twin removed from his abdomen.

Now another weird thing is a kind of tumor often seen in women, usually on the ovary, although it occasionally occurs in other parts of the body, called a teratoma (which literally means 'monster tumor'). They're mostly benign, but they can get quite big. But they develop from germ cells - i.e. cells that would normally develop into eggs - and they contain tissues that resemble those found in a fetus, albeit in a disorganized form.

Your average teratoma - and I've seen the things - is about big enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and is basically a hollow sac, made of skin, often lined with hair, and containing icky greasy stuff, kind of like very liquid earwax. They're about the most gross-looking things you've ever seen. And - I haven't seen this, but some of my pathology colleagues have seen it at other places they've worked - some of them contain bits of bone and almost fully formed teeth. And you get the very rare one that contains an eyeball.

Nobody was about to eat, were they?

Oh yes. I read about this in Wikipedia for fun! : D

Oh, and another weird, although less so, thing: When my sister was a baby, she bit one of those old-fashioned thermometers, and swallowed glass and mercury. She was (and still is) fine.

I think I'm normal....ish...

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2009, 10:49 pm

The bible has been translated into Klingon. It actually sells believe it or not.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2009, 11:16 pm

RaceDrv709 wrote:
The bible has been translated into Klingon. It actually sells believe it or not.

I believe it. There are people who go to sci fi cons dressed as Klingons and speak nothing but Klingon while in costume, even when ordering food at a restaurant outside of the convention. :roll:

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 1:05 pm

In my country the word „fart” is a slang term for luck. So when you say that some person “has a fart” it’s not about actual releasing gases but it means said person is one lucky guy. We also call "dirty jokes" "swine jokes" but obviously these aren't about swine flu nor pigs in general, it's simply the term for indecent jokes.