I hope that this isn't too controversial...?

Page 2 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Nov 2007, 7:23 am

Stimshieme wrote:
Can I just ask the women Aspies a tiny little question...?

You know how the NT girls are always trying to be popular and sacrifice their own things to fit in? Well do Aspie girls like to keep their figure like NT girls do? I mean social pressure must be hard for you more so than male Aspies, right? (Or so I've read on Wikipedia)

I'm a male by the way...sorry for this if it offends you but it is my first time on the site...

Hello and welcome to wrong planet. I have never been interested in being popular. I have a fast metabolism so thin. Also pale and I like to wear makeup but I can't do the fake eyelashes. I tried once just to see what it would be like and first, I couldn't even put them on right. Second my eyelashes are already long so why bother.

I dont have a huge wardrobe. I like to cut my own hair and dye it although the chemicals suck. Sometimes a mixture of different colors with black or just black. The funny thing is though, I was born blonde. So even though some people have this strong blonde fetish, they are surrounded by fake blondes and I'm the only one born blonde in the mix just with black hair.

I can't do eyeliner well. It comes out okay but I prefer pencil eyeliner to liquid because if you mess up liquid it sucks really bad.

I don't wear makeup everyday though

Styling hair is not my thing either. No mousse, no hairspray.

I make an attempt to dress up for special occasions but if it takes longer than 30 minutes, I get bored and finish up as quickly as possible. I have however worn the wrong type of clothing for some occasions like dressing overly casual or overly formal for a smaller event.

May I ask why are you fed up with NT women if you are?

Everyone has their quirks and interests. Tell more about you. I'm interested in such things.

xx Dan Monster

Stimshieme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2007, 1:05 pm

Well my story is long and sad. I tried asking a girl I really liked to be friends with me (out of the blue) I can set up a link that you could read about my sotry and possibly reply to (if you want to the more the merrier)...

Hold on then...

Stimshieme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2007, 1:06 pm

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt48613.html

Please follow the link...

I can't type my story here - its too long...

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2007, 9:27 pm

I don't wear makeup... I'm told I don't need it and I hate having grease on my face. I wear clothes that I like. I don't follow any set fashion.

I once starved myself to an emaciated state but that had nothing to do with wanting to be beautiful.

skrimpy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Nov 2007, 9:38 pm

Thankfully my man (an aspie) is glad I'm an aspie. He fell in love with me for the way I think and because I talked to him, liked him, and wanted to be around him. He fell in love with who I am and not what I look like. That's the kind of man I want.

I don't try to please with my looks, though I do think I'm pretty enough. I take great care with what I eat but it's because I care about nutrition. I eat a fat rich diet because I believe it's best (google the Weston A. Price Foundation if you want to know more about it) for my health - not because I want to diet to be beautiful for some man. I weigh in around 125. My hair goes down below my waist. I almost always wear it in a braid because I don't care to mess with it, but I love it long.

I wear no makeup. No boy wears makeup to look cute and I don't need to wear it to look "cute." Forget that. I respect some women want to but it ain't for me.

I'm being snippy here because it sounds like you think that because Aspie women may not obsess over their looks like your NT crush does...that you're getting something second rate. I personally (I'm biased) think you're getting a better deal with an Aspie woman becuase she's not totally stuck on what all the other girls look like and what attracts the popular boys.

If that's not how you feel please forgive my snippy mood. But I would personally take an intelligent Aspie anyday over some NT stud of a man that didn't give me the time of day!

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 5:35 am

Aridarr wrote:
I don't wear makeup... I'm told I don't need it and I hate having grease on my face. I wear clothes that I like. I don't follow any set fashion.

I once starved myself to an emaciated state but that had nothing to do with wanting to be beautiful.
Me too. I starved because of being depressed and homesick. Now I am a bit chubby but going on diets is not something I wish to be bothered with.

I don't like the feel of most make-up but if going out in the sun for a long time (which I normally avoid like the plague), I would slather on sunscreen.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Apollyon
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2007, 5:42 am

I only gave it much thought in school. Then I realized it was pointless.

Never even thought about weight. I have an ultra fast metabolism as well, but honestly, even if I was overweight I seriously doubt I would care. It doesn't matter.

I do wear makeup, but It's more of an artistic thing, in some weird way.

Adrie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2007, 10:47 am

Like others have said, I have a fast metabolism so I don't have to worry about weight issues much...

I wear makeup to cover up imperfections, but that's basically it. I don't wear as much as most of my friends, and I'm not nearly as fashionable as most of my friends. But I do want to look good to MYSELF to feel confident; I'm not a "slob."

However, it's true that when friends complain about gaining 5 pounds or something minor like that, I just don't know what to say. I don't care! I want to be supportive, but I don't care about that kind of thing and I don't have anything to say to relate to them, because even if I do gain 5 pounds, why would I complain about that?

talitha_kumi
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Nov 2007, 11:36 am

I starve myself partly to try be thin, and partly as self-punishment. But I also flip out and binge when I get too depressed. So my actual weight stays fairly constant. Which irritates me a lot.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2007, 4:19 pm

No, I don't care much about my appearance or "fitting in" for that matter. If I wanted to do anything for my appearance it would be for me and not anybody else. As a side note, I'm pretty healthy anyway.

kyethra
Raven
Raven

20 Nov 2007, 7:06 pm

Yes and No...

Lately, like in the past year, I have given a lot of thought to the subject the body and appearance and so forth.

Part of it is weight. I was morbidly obese. Now weight and awareness of weight is an odd thing, especially for young females. I say this because it is true-- we live in a very strange society regarding body image. If one were to ask teenager girls what they thought they should weigh, I imagine most girls would want to lose weight, and they would also notice a bunch of other things horibly wrong with their bodies. I was also like this as a teenager. I was overweight as a teen-- chubby, I would say, looking back at pictures and I could have lost 20-30 pounds. Naturally I thought I was hideously obese (I wasn't) and had to lose about 60 pounds. Of course that was never going to happen, and if it had happened I would have looked skeletal. I thought I should weigh 120 pounds you see, I thought that that was a perfectly reasonable healthy weight. I was delusional. I also thought I was one of the fattest girls in my school, etc. Again, looking at an old yearbook this was not the case. Why in my band picture I can find girls my size or larger in the very same row. This is a common sort of delusion teens share-- that one is larger than one is and one will never look "right". We feel self conscious because we don't look airbrushed, etc.

Then I started to gain weight. One day I learned I was moribly obese. I was shocked. This had been after a long illness, etc. My body shape had changed... but still. Weight and frame and size and shape and "normal" aren't things talked about nearly enough, early enough. And then I couldn't lose weight and it was just this uphill struggle. I decided to have bariatric surgery mostly for health reasons-- blood pressure, concern about future health problems, etc. So far I have lost half of what I want to lose. I'm down from 22/24 in jeans to an 18. And I do care... I care about flabby skin and sagging stuff. I care about getting to that right spot for me. I care about looking good and working hard to get there. I care about how people may or may not judge me by my body, even though I dislike that this is a factor in general.

At the same time I don't think I am always as aware of my body in the same way NT women are. When I look in the mirror I don't necessarily see myself as I really look-- its difficult to explain. I'm a poor judge of relative size. It used to be I could look at two women, one 100 pounds heavier than myself, the other 60 pounds lighter and honestly have no idea which one I resembled closer. I still don't know, not really...

I like my hair to look nice so I spent time learning some basics, or trying to. its very difficult. I also learned how to do basic makeup. Also difficult. Clothing is quite beyond me right now except I know there are certain colors I shouldn't wear with my coloring (most colors really). Someday I hope to learn this stuff. Sometimes I have to remind myself to care, as strange as that may sound. I feel like I am constantly relearning my body and my physical world, and it gets tiring. I forget to care about toenails and eyebrows sometimes. Then I remember and I try to remember it all, but I can't always consistently do that, not yet.

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2007, 9:09 am

I feel a lot of pressure to have a good figure. I want to be pretty, and as you can only change your face a little without having plastic surgery, the only way i can try and make my body look good is to make sure I stay slim.
I am a size uk 10 and cannot stay down to 8 and this really upsets me sometimes.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 5:32 pm

I don't really care about my figure. I'm Sid. :O)

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Nov 2007, 5:41 pm

i don't wear makeup everyday. i don't like how it feels. i like my face to feel clean. and i hate long hair because of how it feels when it is wet and touching my back in the shower... i like how i look when i wear makeup, but i just do it sometimes because it feels more like a dress-up thing. and i have a red streak in my hair right now, and i have had blond, black, blue, green, pink, and red hair.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2007, 11:36 pm

I care, and I don't at the same time.

I wear some makeup; I wear foundation every day, regardless, because at one point I needed it (well, not that it was a life or death matter, of course, but... still), and now sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. I feel more self-conscious than usual without it. I have other makeup (eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow), but I rarely use it. I don't really need it anyway; I naturally have long eyelashes, and I'm pale enough that any color stands out quite a bit. I never use lipstick (chapstick, yes, but that's an essential part of not flaking off skin), and I never use blush.

I've dyed my hair twice; once was just a test to see if I'd like to have it done more permanently, and I did. It wasn't an outrageous color (black), and most people assumed it was my natural color. (Actually, if I got the hair genes from my mother, my hair will go black if I ever become pregnant; it'll fade back to brown eventually, but it will be black for a time. It's an odd thing; I don't know why it happens.) I actually take pretty good care of my hair though. I haven't had a significant (ie, more than just split ends) haircut in about eight years now; I like my hair to be long, and I'm more than happy to just let it grow. I just like my hair in general, come to think of it; I take good care of that, at least.

I care about my figure to a certain extent. I'm not thin; I could stand to lose some weight (which I'm working on). However, I'm not fat either, and I don't plan to ever be. I'm very self-conscious about my weight, actually; I won't wear shorts at all, because I feel my legs just aren't something that should be viewable. I'm kind of odd about the whole thing.

I don't do the whole tanning thing. I'm very pale, but honestly, I just don't care. I don't understand why people would want to tan; it's their choice, of course, and there's nothing wrong with it (assuming it's done correctly), it's just not something I would like to do.

I don't do the fashion thing either. I like the clothes I like; they're not all shapeless, baggy, non-pretty items, of course, but I don't follow the fashion trends. It's another thing I don't understand.

Three years!

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

30 Nov 2007, 12:09 am

RainSong wrote:
I'm not thin; I could stand to lose some weight (which I'm working on). However, I'm not fat either, and I don't plan to ever be. I'm very self-conscious about my weight, actually; I won't wear shorts at all, because I feel my legs just aren't something that should be viewable. I'm kind of odd about the whole thing.

I know what you mean about shorts. Ever since I lived in a region of Guatemala where only prostitutes wear shorts, I feel very exposed in them and have not worn them outside the house.

But anyhow... I hope this doesn't embarrass you but I just had to say that I saw a photo of yourself that you posted a couple months ago (two of them, actually) and I didn't see an extra pound on you. You looked very slender and pretty. You probably hear that kind of thing all the time but I know I feel better about myself with reassurance so I figured I'd say what I was thinking instead of keeping it to myself.