i can't stand make-up-- is this an aspie thing?

Page 2 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 2:17 am

What are gluten eyes?

Anywhoo...i like a little makeup...I wear brown lipliner with brown tinted lipbalm and also powder.

Sometimes I wear eggplant colored eyeliner.

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Dec 2007, 4:10 pm

I wear makeup but mess up alot when applying it. My eyeliner doesn't seem to look good after an hour. I can't stand lipgloss. I try to wear it but end up blotting it off. I learned how to put on makeup when I was in 4th grade by looking at a doll face.

sometimes I avoid eyeliner all together so it won't be a smeared mess in a few hours and I can't do liquid eyeliner because I mess it up during application.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Dec 2007, 4:56 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
What are gluten eyes?

Dark circles, shadows, or bags/puffiness under/around the eyes in people with gluten intolerance.
When i eat gluten i notice that too.
In fact i find that generally cutting out gluten and dairy ( puffiness, thicker nose etc) does wonders for my looks!! Sugar too. :)

8)

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 7:03 pm

I used to wear eyeliner, but no, I don't like make-up. One must learn a lot about it in order to use it effectively, and I am not interested in learning about it.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 8:41 pm

I don't wear makeup, except for lipstick.

CrazyCatGirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Dec 2007, 11:34 pm

I used to wear make up in order to enhance my appearance and "fit" in but truth be told I couldn't stand the feel of it especially in the summer months where it would run off your face and everywhere it wasn't meant to go!! ( I have SID) now I don't bother wearing it, I don't own any make up and I've probably forgotten how to apply it :oops:

Selena :flower:

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 9:59 pm

i don't wear it very much cos it is a pain to put on for me, my hands always shake. i can only stand a little make up on special occasions.
i never see the point because i feel like it is designed to enhance and i have nothing worth enhancing.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

26 Dec 2007, 10:49 pm

ouinon wrote:
poopylungstuffing wrote:
What are gluten eyes?

Dark circles, shadows, or bags/puffiness under/around the eyes in people with gluten intolerance.
When i eat gluten i notice that too.
In fact i find that generally cutting out gluten and dairy ( puffiness, thicker nose etc) does wonders for my looks!! Sugar too. :)

8)

I would cut them out, if I ever ate anything without them. As the best part of my diet is full of gluten and dairy, I'd starve to death. My preference is to have the dark eyes. :lol:

samsplanet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2007, 9:23 am

I don't like to wear make-up, I don't see the point. I have my face, I was born with it, why should I hide it behind gunk? My partner says he's gonna buy me some make-up but he doesn't 'get' that I don't have low self-esteem so I don't wear make-up, I am just not bothered by it. He's NT and is trying to understand, but bless him he's finding it a bit of a struggle!

busy91
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Dec 2007, 10:31 am

When I do wear it, which is not often at all, I wear lipstick and MAYBE mascara. I wore it on Christmas Eve for my concert, not that anyone noticed. I stopped waring makeup in my 20s. Nailpolish too.

Does nailpolish bother anyone else. It feels like my nails are suffocating.

ciounoi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Dec 2007, 8:31 pm

MissPickwickian wrote:
I cannot wear makeup. Even the lightest makeup makes me feel like something slimy is smeared all over my face. It's very much a sensory problem.

I agree. I've never worn it and won't go near it.

Besides, it would be a pain to put on every day. :lol:

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 10:33 pm

busy91 wrote:
Does nailpolish bother anyone else. It feels like my nails are suffocating.

Same here. It also makes my nails feel heavy. I don't like it.

Make-up doesn't bug me though. I like to wear my concealer, powder, eyeliner (plus occasional other eye stuff) as well as lip balm almost everyday.
If you put on heavy foundation it feels disgusting though. Same with lip stick and lip gloss. All I can handle lip make-up wise is just some chapstick or lip balm. Nada mas.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 4:04 pm

Normally, all I wear is some translucent powder, eyeliner, and mascara.

Have any of you tried Bare Minerals? It's a brand of make up that's supposed to be good for your skin, and lightweight, because it only has natural ingredients. I got a starter kit for x-mas. It's totally different to use then traditional make up, so I'm kinda lost as to how to apply it, though.

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Dec 2007, 5:39 pm

serenity wrote:

Have any of you tried Bare Minerals? It's a brand of make up that's supposed to be good for your skin, and lightweight, because it only has natural ingredients. I got a starter kit for x-mas. It's totally different to use then traditional make up, so I'm kinda lost as to how to apply it, though.

I wanted to try bare minerals. I do use physicians formula. Don't know how you apply it. Did it come with a video? Maybe you can find one on you tube?

xx Dan Monster

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 6:19 pm

Kitsy wrote:
serenity wrote:

I wanted to try bare minerals. I do use physicians formula. Don't know how you apply it. Did it come with a video? Maybe you can find one on you tube?

Yes, it came with a video. It was 60 minutes long! I kept getting impatient, and fast forwarded through much of it. I think I leaned the basics, though. It's just gonna take some practice.

nzfiona
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Dec 2007, 6:32 pm

I HATE wearing make-up. Although I *do* wear it occasionally, when going out somewhere 'special' (read: a girls' night out, wedding anniversary dinner, etc.), but even then it's only Natural Glow, some lippy and a teeny bit of mascara. Certainly, I have no idea about doing the whole make-up / accesorising thing, which my friends seem too be able to handle with great aplomb.

As for nail polish - I wore it once and LOATHED it immensely. Even now I shudder at the thought of painting my nails. What's the bloody point? I think.

Fiona