i can't stand make-up-- is this an aspie thing?

Page 5 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

ccflowergirl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2008, 1:16 pm

it makes me feel like i have a mask on, that i'm lieing to people, i realy don't want people to look at me! and at the same time i want to find some one! what is that all about??
CC

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2008, 2:47 pm

I don't really care for make up. I only wear it if I'm going somewhere nice, a family get together or I want to hide my acne. I like looking nice but I don't like all of the hassle to do so.

Sforzi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 May 2008, 10:59 am

I very rarely wear make-up, and like DragonKazooie89, only wear it on special occasions and when I want to hide spots or bags under my eyes.

WeirdLou
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 May 2008, 1:48 pm

I like to put on makeup when I go out at night. Its fun to play with the different looks. Its like drawing but on my face. Usually I wind up doing something goofy that I think is cool. Then my friends stop me before I leave the house looking like a goober. However i don't like actually wearing it. I only last a couple hours before I have to wash it off. It feels like mud. Actually no, I'm okay with being muddy but makeup just feels gross and hot. I've tried all the light weight ones and powder and all that but it always feels gross. Foundation is the worst but I usually wind up smearing my eye makeup pretty quickly after I put it on and I rub my lips together constantly when I wear lipstick. My best friend is very fashion forward so she can usually take my goofy ideas and make them a little more streamlined. I get to be myself but not so far out that people are staring.

There does seem to be quite a few of us that are opposed to wearing it in some way. Has anyone ever found information saying Aspies don't like makeup?

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 2:55 pm

My lips need something on them or they feel dry and it's uncomfortable. I go for MAC lipstick for two reasons: there is no odor (I hate any odor in a lipstick - hello - your lips are right under your nose) and because if you buy the Viva Glam colors, 100% of the cost of the lipstick goes to AIDS organizations.

I wear no other makeup.

eyelesbarrow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 May 2008, 5:49 am

I never wear make up and my work does not require me to, which is a great thing. The last time I wore make up was during a school production when I was in high school. It made me feel icky and fake. The only thing I put on my face is a medicated lip balm because my lips are often chapped.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

29 May 2008, 10:16 am

I used to wear a little bit of eye-liner but now I really can't be bothered with any of it. It's stupid and I can't apply it right anyway. :lol:

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 12:55 am

I hate makeup. It makes me feel dirty and gross and not clean!! ! Makeup is a waste of time but I will wear it if I have a date or on a special ocosions. I forget I have it on so I smear it sometimes.

starlighter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2008, 9:08 am

I am one that can't stand make -up, also. Yes, it feels a little dirty on my face and also is like being lying to people, like putting a mask on me, and I have been always tried to be my own when I am in front of people, so ...

jicho
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 May 2008, 11:05 am

I hate make up. The last year I've decided, reluctantly, to learn it. Just to be a little bit normal for special occasions when make up is good or expected. Like if I'm totally tired and has an important meeting or if I'm going to a fancy party. Or if I just want to fit in - for once.

I hate the feeling of yuck on my skin.
I hate feeling fake, and not good enough.
I hate behaving weird just because society has "decided" that's how women have to do it. Makes me feel stupid an manipulated.
And I hate myself wearing makeup when I meet a little girl or boy that observes me.

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 1:39 am

I would go without makeup if it weren't for my skin. I do love it, but I hate concealer all over my forehead and nose, because I used to have a lot of acne. I'm waiting for the scarring to go away, then after that I'm completely done with all makeup other than eye makeup and maybe some blush.

five_squared
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2008, 4:11 pm

I only use lip balm, but I guess that doesn't count for makeup...

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 4:20 pm

Ewwww GET IT OFF!! ! Ahhhhhhhh...*screams and frantically swats at face*

Make-up is nasty stuff.

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

Sunfell
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Jun 2008, 7:38 pm

I cannot stand makeup. No way, no how. This was a great disappointment to my mom, who wanted me to take after her- including curling the hair, painting fingernails, and wearing makeup. Couldn't do it. She gave me a lipstick for my thirteenth birthday, and was very unhappy when I never wore it.

Unfortunately, I have albinism, which means my eyelashes are transparent. I do wear mascara on them, and when I remember, a bit of blush, but I cannot stand the feel of makeup on my skin. That includes eyebrow pencil, so I look like an odd anime character with my white eyebrows. (They are an advantage when I want to wear Vulcan makeup!)

I also hate the taste and feel of lipstick. I do tolerate lip balm, and wear it in the winter.

When I absolutely have to, I'll don the war-paint, but it comes off the second I get home.

Outtathaway
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jun 2008, 12:17 am

I'm 18, and I just learned from my mom what foundation is. And I had to ask! xD

Neither of my parents are all that good at passing any of their knowledge on to me, so everything that I know about/of has either come from school or from my interest (and the research that followed) in the subject. Make-up was not one of them. :lol:

The few times that it has been forced on me, I've been so disgusted that I have to wipe it all off ASAP just so I don't puke. I hate the feel of it, and I find it kind of pointless anyway.

sonofamitch
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jul 2008, 8:48 pm

I like make-up, I like how it enhances my appearance and I like looking polished... but I'm never consistent with it, and if I don't wash it off every day, it builds up and irritates my skin. I also have a terrible habit of whenever I wear mascara, I pick it all off by the end of the day; I can't keep my hands away. And it's noticeable as I'm doing it and when I've done it, which is embarrassing.