Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 7:23 pm

I'm wondering how other Aspie females do their hair.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 8:10 pm

I drive a scooter, so to keep from having helmet hair, It is my natural grey and I keep it kinda short on top and long on the side and permed real curly. I sweep the sides up in back combs and have a modified 'faux hawk' and from time to time, fushcia streaks. It is fab with the grey and so unexpected!

I wash it in Matrix moisturizing shampoo, and Matrix moisturizing conditioner, couple of spritzes of CombThru and some Curl Energy and I am out the door, wet or dry. And when I take off the brain bucket, I faux it up with my hands to get the curls going again.

Merle

Nikky91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2008, 9:12 pm

I straighten it for about two minutes. I put so much effort into it. :lol:

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 9:17 pm

Okay Merle, I don't know whether or not to take you seriously so I'm going to decline because I'm not real good with making jokes.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 9:20 pm

I keep it shaved at a # 7.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 9:33 pm

nothing much since my hair is naturally curly. i just let it do its own thing.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 9:58 pm

aspiartist wrote:
Okay Merle, I don't know whether or not to take you seriously so I'm going to decline because I'm not real good with making jokes.

what joke??? the curls are perfect for the form fitting helmet. I have 19 vents in my helmet so I can feel the air over my head, but with my hyperhydrosis it is usually pretty damp by the time I take it off. the shake and double handed finger comb gets them all sproingy again.

Merle

flutter
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 10:04 pm

Right part, close enough to center to cover both widows peaks, and make it obvious it's not a comb over.... and then behind the ears.

I don't know if I count though ;)

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 10:26 pm

I'm still chuckling if not outright laughter. Your hair style sounds totally cool!! ! You are being funny though, I can tell!! !

I stay naturally gray too which is mostly in the front and on the sides and wear it short all over but full around the bottom to keep it feminine. It looks feminine but sporty and is easy to style and maintain.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 10:41 pm

aspiartist wrote:
I'm still chuckling if not outright laughter. Your hair style sounds totally cool!! ! You are being funny though, I can tell!! !

I stay naturally gray too which is mostly in the front and on the sides and wear it short all over but full around the bottom to keep it feminine. It looks feminine but sporty and is easy to style and maintain.

I learned the hard way not to do the turquoise hair color. . .especially on gray. . it goes GREEN a horribly yucky John McCain back ground green. not cool.So I just bought some short fuschia extensions and cut them to work in the 'fauxhawk'. It just gasses them out at work, too!

yeah, I never really grew up, I guess. I am almost 60 and other women have been rolling their eyes at me for years. . but I don't get much static where I work anymore, My supervisor values me and she just happens to be the respected queen of the office.
Merle

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 11:01 pm

mohawk and spikes

Though more often than not thats because i feel to miserable to bother with running a brush through it

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 11:05 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
aspiartist wrote:

I learned the hard way not to do the turquoise hair color. . .especially on gray. . it goes GREEN a horribly yucky John McCain back ground green. not cool.So I just bought some short fuschia extensions and cut them to work in the 'fauxhawk'. It just gasses them out at work, too!

yeah, I never really grew up, I guess. I am almost 60 and other women have been rolling their eyes at me for years. . but I don't get much static where I work anymore, My supervisor values me and she just happens to be the respected queen of the office.
Merle

:lmao: :thumleft: Still chuckling very nicely, thanks Merle!! !

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 2:16 am

brush it and leave it. that is it for me

silly_rabbi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2008, 2:32 am

If it's short, then wash and go. If it's long, pinned up in a clip or in a ponytail. I aim for simple.

ProtossX
Toucan
Toucan

09 Sep 2008, 5:01 am

I like the single pony tail's, or with a scrunchy or whatever there called in a bun shape maybe too

i like long flowing hair too straightish

least fav = curly/real short

Sublyme
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Sep 2008, 6:46 am

I recently cut of 14" of my hair and donated it to Locks of Love (I do this ever 5 years or so). Now my hair is just above my sholders and layered, and slightly longet in the front. I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. I thought shorter hair would be easier, but my hair is naturally curly and very thick, and it looks too big if I wear it curly. So I have to straighten it, which means lots of work. I usualy wear it down....parted in the middle, or slightly to the side, or zig zagged...I don't actually part my hair it just falls whichever way it does after I wash it. sometime sI pull the front back and pin it. Other times I pull it into a little ponytail.....