Page 3 of 17 [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next

Lepus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Nov 2009, 8:38 am

I'm currently waiting to see a community psychiatric nurse to start off a diagnosis process as both myself and my doctor think I likely have Aspergers. I have printed out the four column list because very few of the descriptions are not me to a tee.

grendel
Toucan
Toucan

13 Nov 2009, 2:07 am

Wow... this really illustrates it. I think this will be very helpful if I have to try to explain to somebody (common response: don't be silly, there's nothing "wrong" with you, you're just (insert insufficient explanation)... when I didn't say anything was wrong with me I was just trying to explain why I act differently). I think just about everything applies. Except I do like to shop with a friend, I can really get hung up on decisions when alone (plus they help me not get as lost). And, everybody has always thought I looked much older than my age, not younger. I don't think of myself as half male but my thinking tends to be more "male" in many ways.

JVDifferent
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2009, 9:39 am

Mein gott, it sounds so much like me. :O

nikki15
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Nov 2009, 10:46 am

Most of those qualities describe me quite well.

Gothgal666
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Nov 2009, 8:10 pm

OMG, it's me!! !!

ILoveMusic

18 Nov 2009, 1:26 am

Just about all of the things on the list fit me as well!

smudgy25
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Nov 2009, 8:38 am

Thanks so much for posting this link, it pretty much fits my 16 year old daughter exactly. It has put into words what I thought but couldnt put down on paper.

angelicgoddess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Nov 2009, 11:15 am

8O 8O 8O

it fits me pretty much 100% (i find this kind of creepy)

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 4:26 am

Only one or two things dont match me on the chart, otherwise it basically explains me...

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 2:26 am

Wow, I need to show this to my family. --- What do they mean by hunger/food issues? My niece almost has to be force-fed, but for me it is the opposite. :oops:

Hethera
Raven
Raven

08 Dec 2009, 12:11 am

Wow, I'm just a mom on here for my preschool son, but it's amazing how many things on this chart apply to me. I'm beginning to wonder whether my ADHD was a misdiagnosis. It would certainly explain my bleeding ulcers at the ripe age of 11!

Xinae
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Dec 2009, 12:15 pm

Hethera, I too started here for my preschool son and discovered so much more about myself.

To the OP, thanks for posting that, it was very informative. I'm spot on that chart with everything except the diagnoses stuff as I was never diagnosed with anything.

I could never understand why I mirrored others, I didn't know that was an aspie thing. I don't have many female friends and never really liked doing girly things. I also identified with both genders at an early age, but couldn't understand why. The thing that took me the longest to come to terms with until recently was the unexplainable tears at random things.

yagottalaff63
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2009, 7:51 am

Thank you for posting this list. Up until I saw it, I had some doubts about whether or not I had AS....now I have no doubts at all, and plan to seek a professional diagnosis just for my own peace of mind.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 12:30 am

this list is from rudy (simone's) website. Rudy has written a very insightful book on women and asperger's which i and many others contributed to. IN fact she has written a few really good books - some of which are published by JKP. The women and girls book should be out next year and i think it will be very good. rudy also does her own research and is very throrough and wonderfully single-minded in her approach.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 9:01 am

millie wrote:
this list is from rudy (simone's) website. Rudy has written a very insightful book on women and asperger's which i and many others contributed to. IN fact she has written a few really good books - some of which are published by JKP. The women and girls book should be out next year and i think it will be very good. rudy also does her own research and is very throrough and wonderfully single-minded in her approach.

What is the name of the book? I'd like to read it. Oh, and regarding the list, only 2 or 3 do not apply. I'm not very outwardly expressive.

dancind
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Dec 2009, 12:41 am

re hunger/food issues. I've wondered if my daughter has a blood sugar disorder. When she was younger, she never said "I'm hungry". Instead, she would become distraught, angry and tearful, actually very depressed for no apparent reason. I learned to feed her asap and she was instantly sunny again.

She doesn't really seem to do it anymore. Of course, she rarely lets herself go without eating, and the meals have to be big. Maybe that has something to do with her big appetite?