Page 4 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

StitchwitchD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2007, 8:01 pm

I like skirts and dresses. I sew, and most of the time if I'm making a dress, I'll make matching bloomers to wear under it. I can't stand my legs rubbing together! I don't like pantyhose either, too itchy. I used to have a pair of cotton tights that I loved, but they ended up with huge holes in the crotch. Now that I know how to knit, I want to knit my own tights, and hope they don't wear out.
In the winter, I like wearing long skirts over matching leggings.

I don't like dress shoes either. I'll wear 8 hole Docs if it's cold out, and sandals (I forget the brand, but they remind me of Roman gladiator sandals) when it's hot. I like wearing some kind of stockings, like potholes or fishnets because my legs are fishbelly pale and I know that most normal people think legs look better tan. I refuse to get a tan. I do like to keep my legs shaved, they itch otherwise.

Loli-kun
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jan 2010, 9:45 pm

I LOOOOOVE skirts!! ! Sooo comfy and nice feeling! I am a guy so if thats a problem just let me know and I'll stop posting here. I just started wearing them a month or 2 ago and I will never go back to pants once I've gotten enough skirts. I really like long peasant skirts the best!

My passions from a common spring.
(Excerpt From "Alone" By E.A. Poe)

isnessofwhatis
Raven
Raven

20 Jan 2010, 10:46 pm

I rarely wear skirts. When I do they are long, comfortable, and casual. I definitely don't have the proper sitting skills to be wearing skirts much.

Back in the elementary and high school days I had to wear skirts or dresses every day, oh and pantyhose for 7th-12th grade... the horrors.

My uniform of choice is yoga type pants most of the year (I have 2 pairs I wear and I've had them for at least 3 years). During the summer I have a pair of capris I wear most days.

genly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jan 2010, 6:50 am

Yes, but only if they are above the knee, I don't like long skirts. I like wearing them in the summer when it's warm.

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 11:28 am

ugh, i hate skirts and dresses. i only own one skirt and only wear it when i absolutely must :P

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 12:53 pm

Loli-kun wrote:
I LOOOOOVE skirts!! ! Sooo comfy and nice feeling! I am a guy so if thats a problem just let me know and I'll stop posting here. I just started wearing them a month or 2 ago and I will never go back to pants once I've gotten enough skirts. I really like long peasant skirts the best!

You are welcome here, as far as I am concerned...

My ASish friend tended to cross-dress more as a child, and when he was younger and girls liked putting their clothes on him...he is a lot more inhibited now..
He has one skirt that he made...he used to wear it whenever he went out, but he doesn't do that anymore... :(

Loli-kun
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2010, 7:43 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
Loli-kun wrote:

You are welcome here, as far as I am concerned...

My ASish friend tended to cross-dress more as a child, and when he was younger and girls liked putting their clothes on him...he is a lot more inhibited now..
He has one skirt that he made...he used to wear it whenever he went out, but he doesn't do that anymore... :(

Well I didn't when I was younger just started a couple months ago and will be 22 in a few weeks.

My passions from a common spring.
(Excerpt From "Alone" By E.A. Poe)

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 9:45 pm

I want to learn to like skirts because they're fun to sew.. but they make me feel weird. Especially because I'm not good at sitting on chairs, I always sit on the floor, or if I am sitting on a chair, I'm still trying to sit as though I were sitting on the floor.. not so good for wearing skirts.

Robin_Hood
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jan 2010, 6:39 am

The last time I wore a dress was when I got married and that was 13 years ago :lol:

I told my husband to make the most of it because that was the only time I was going to. I must admit though that sometimes I do look at dresses and wonder what I'm missing.

The whole wind blowing them around, the draught, the hassle of having to choose shoes that suit them, wearing tights, unwanted male attention, not being able to jump around or play football and that whole keeping your legs crossed business is just too much like hard work.

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 4:58 pm

I HATE skirts and I HATE dresses. I don't like how you have to keep beautiful in order to wear skirts without looking like a fool (shaving legs, staying a decent weight etc.)

Last time I wore a dress was to prom and it was uncomfortable :X

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 8:49 pm

i like soft comfy flattering dresses...with pockets and cotton leggings underneath...

i want to sew pockets into all my dresses

ellenk55
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jan 2010, 11:46 pm

Maggiedoll wrote:
I want to learn to like skirts because they're fun to sew.. but they make me feel weird. Especially because I'm not good at sitting on chairs, I always sit on the floor, or if I am sitting on a chair, I'm still trying to sit as though I were sitting on the floor.. not so good for wearing skirts.

Maybe you don't like to wear the kinds of skirts that I wear, but I sit crosslegged on the floor all the time in skirts -- even more comfortably than in pants.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2010, 7:22 pm

I like my skirts to be a bit above my knees and at my ankles. Anything between that would make my 156 centimetre frame look shorter.

As for dresses, I like them short and fitted to show off my hourglass shape. I would never wear a long, full dress. It would overwealm my frame.

ImNotOk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2010, 7:39 pm

I like dresses and skirts. I wear them a lot in the summer.

Whisper
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jan 2010, 8:38 pm

I like long skirts a lot, and certain dresses.

dhynapza
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jan 2010, 9:23 pm

I like skirts and dresses and prefer them because they compliment my figure visually. However, I'm overweight so they chafe without leggings (and I hate pantyhose) so I very rarely wear them. Once I lose weight I plan to, but for now it's just jeans.

I will find an issue with sitting though, as I prefer to sit cross-legged, even in desks. And I tend to have a masculine posture.