Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2013, 2:09 am

I know you didn't make it, but it seems to be a common catch-phrase when these discussions pop up. I just believe that we should be able to support and respect bigger women without putting down the other group.

I assure you that my opinions on issues like this are entirely separate from my sexual preferences.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 5:33 am

ruckus wrote:
I know you didn't make it, but it seems to be a common catch-phrase when these discussions pop up. I just believe that we should be able to support and respect bigger women without putting down the other group.

I assure you that my opinions on issues like this are entirely separate from my sexual preferences.

I agree.

Palakol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2013, 5:05 pm

People are just born with different Somatotypes. There really is nothing one can do about it other than working to influence one's body composition. It's not about what size you're labeled at, it's about looking your best. (Check out Australian MMA fighter Bec Hyatt's transformation.)

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 5:14 pm

can we keep this thread on topic please?

this is a thread in the Women's forum, intended for women's input about body image, soliciting opinions about feeling like you are not-thin but not-overweight. men's opinions about which body type is best in their opinion, or how women can "improve" themselves are not particularly helpful and are not on topic either. advice like that is best given - when asked - in other threads.

thanks for your understanding.

Palakol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jan 2013, 3:51 am

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I'm out.

Eloquaint
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2013, 12:23 pm

For me, the best way to relate to my body is to think of it in terms of what it can DO. As in, "I can paddle a kayak 25 miles," or "I just was 20 laps" or "I hiked 5 miles with almost 40 pounds on my back." My body feels most mine when how it looks is irrelevant, and how it functions is of the utmost importance.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 1:48 pm

I'm considered a little bit overweight according to the BMI, (183lbs, last time I checked), but not really obese... I'm 5'7 1/2, by the way.

Some of that could be muscle, for all I know, (been getting a bit of it since I started exercising), so yeah.

From what some people have told me, I have a pretty cute face, too.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 2:07 pm

Some people seem to think people are either thin, or morbidly obese to the point of putting their health at risk with nothing in between...I think realistically most people are probably somewhere between thin and fat. I am short just under 5 ft and skinny, and weigh like 95 pounds. But yeah the idea everyone should be skinny/thin is a myth I think as I see plenty of heavier people that seem perfectly healthy and I've seen skinny people that look to be in terrible health.

I think the goal should be a healthy weight for the individual, not fitting a certain body type portrayed as 'ideal' by the media.

Georgina145
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2016, 6:33 am

Each of us has our own unique shape and size. Sometimes the aging process will result in changes to the shape. But this can be simply addressed through proper diet and exercise. I had done laser thin process ( http://www.physiomed.ca/treatments/weig ... ipo-laser/ ) to reshape my body. The problem was addressed by painlessly targeting and shrinking fat cells without the need of any sort of surgery. I think you also have the problem of fat accumulation in your body. Exercise more and get the necessary treatment to suppress the body fat.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 9:32 pm

I'm not technically in the overweight range, but I definitely have some extra fat on my body, I don't fit the skinny body type that almost all guys seem to find most attractive. I'm 5'3/5'4, 125-130 lbs and have a 32'' waist, which I get the impression is pretty bad. So when guys say they prefer thin girls, or girls who "aren't fat", I can't help thinking that this doesn't apply to me. Anyone else in the same boat?

i am trans. yes, i too have extra fat. 5'3, 34 years old, 106#. to join the army, for a female my height/age, it's 107-144#. but i still have plenty of extra fat. i am chinese. low bone density.

but whatever.

anyways, plenty of heterosexual females much heavier and wider than you have boyfriends and husbands/marriages.

some straight men like skinny females, but some straight men like other body types.

if someone declines to date you, b/c of your weight/size/height, then someone is too superficial, and you would be better off without them.

having said that, it's a superficial world. and it is hard to find someone that does not make snap judgments about things beyond someone else's control, things that do not matter, and et cetera.

but i am not even cisgender, so even if i were to fulfill the Golden Proportion, :twisted:

nobody would want to go out with me anyways.

if the issue is that you want someone to date, try looking elsewhere, or just wait patiently.

if the issue is that you want to lose weight, then change your diet.

but half of marriages end in divorce.

and plenty of people that lose weight end up gaining it back. besides, it is not healthful to obsess too much on weight/size/diet/calories.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 1:09 pm

I'm not skinny and probably never will be. I am overweight and am working on losing some weight. My goal is not to be skinny. My goal is to eat properly and have a good diet, exercise and not obsess over weight loss. For some people healthy isn't 107 pounds or a size 00.

Even when I was 180 pounds I wasn't skinny enough for other people. Even though I weigh over 200 pounds right now I'm not going to treat myself poorly. I still wear cute clothes, do my makeup and all of that stuff.

So yeah, if people treat you like dirt because you aren't skinny enough, they are not worth your time, patience or energy.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre