Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 7:55 pm

How do you tell if a man likes you?
I just can't tell unless I'm watching a movie or the guys is making it really obvious, ie he's staring at my chest and talking about wanting to f***.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 8:26 pm

If I like a girl, I find it hard to not keep looking at her, (face).

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

12 Mar 2013, 5:18 am

Depends on the guy, me, I just tend to have a genuine interest in listening to them and try my best not to scare her away with my internal nerdiness. I find it hard to be anything but myself, but I am not very average. Some guys will look at you like a piece of meat and do creepy things like lick their lips and stare at you. Some guys have the nice guy bug and think they can do nice things for you and you'll get in bed with them (which is kind of the opposite of a nice guy wouldn't you think?). Some guys will act like they don't give a crap about you to try and pull you over to them.

I hear with normal people extended eye contact means interest :/ and pointing their body towards you when you're talking or doing something together, mirroring body language.

phsocial
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Mar 2013, 10:56 pm

I am not good at reading social cues. A man has to come up to me and say what he feels to me directly. There was a young man at the university who was saying that he was in love with a lesbian. I found out later that he was talking about me. I am not a lesbian, at least not 100% one. I guess kept staring at girls as if I were in love with them, so he got frustrated.

twich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2013, 2:47 pm

I can't really tell either... But I've been told by family that the examples you're using (only staring at your chest or talking about wanting to f**k) aren't signs that they like you in a safe or healthy way, but that they're probably looking to use you or hurt you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 9:25 pm

Keniichi wrote:

I talk to women that I like, and ignore the rest.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2013, 3:41 am

I can tell if he tells me.
Hooray for social obliviousness!

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2013, 11:37 pm

I learned in psychology class that when a guy/girl finds someone else attractive, their pupils dilate a bit. I've honestly never tried this, but I want to sometime. I don't usually pay attention to people's pupils, even when I look them in the eye, but I don't think it would be that hard to do. You would just have to pay extra attention, and it wouldn't require creepy staring either. Otherwise, I can sometimes tell if a guy likes a girl, if he acts a lot different around her than with other girls.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

20 Mar 2013, 12:42 am

Einfari wrote:
I learned in psychology class that when a guy/girl finds someone else attractive, their pupils dilate a bit. I've honestly never tried this, but I want to sometime. I don't usually pay attention to people's pupils, even when I look them in the eye, but I don't think it would be that hard to do. You would just have to pay extra attention, and it wouldn't require creepy staring either. Otherwise, I can sometimes tell if a guy likes a girl, if he acts a lot different around her than with other girls.

Yeah, but only at a more advanced level. I've seen this when a girl wants to be kissed, but I've never noticed it in a pre-dating setting unless the girl was flirting very intensely in other ways too. In other words, it's not a primary thing. And I think it's even less obvious when guys do it. So I wouldn't rely on this at all to tell when guys like you.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 4:42 am

As someone who seems to be completely blind for fine nuances of body languages: When he tells me with words. ^^

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 8:07 am

I never know for sure until he tells me or makes a move on me, but I can get a pretty good idea sometimes. I guess that he likes me if he flirts with me, spends a lot of time near me, or tries to get competitive with other men around me.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 10:38 am

I usually keep to myself until I feel comfortable enough to tell the woman or know the woman likes me. Yeah im kinda weird like that.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Cuckooflower
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2013, 5:24 pm

I think I can tell, but I second-guess. This is partly low-self-esteem, partly fear, partly the AS.

I would say that it's how they make you feel.

A lot of men give out that flirt or attraction vibe; lots of single men get carried away.

But if it's someone you like too; how do they make you feel? And do you feel respected as well?

Try not to second-guess. Looks and vibes are subtle but significant.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 7:32 pm

Fnord wrote:
Keniichi wrote:

But what if she is really nice and you get along, but you are not physically attracted. Would you ignore her? Even though you could become great friends.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 7:36 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Keniichi wrote:
But what if she is really nice and you get along, but you are not physically attracted. Would you ignore her? Even though you could become great friends.

If I like her, I will talk to her!

Don't over-analyze this. Physical attraction has nothing to do with liking someone - lust, however, is a completely different matter.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2013, 3:36 am

Fnord wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Keniichi wrote:

If I like her, I will talk to her!

Don't over-analyze this. Physical attraction has nothing to do with liking someone - lust, however, is a completely different matter.

Well, I know a guy that won´t spend time with women if there is no prospect of having a relationship (where physical attraction is important). He sais he won't even bother to strike up a conversation with time and he can't have women as friends.