Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

yamato_rena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 May 2013, 7:18 pm

I come from a big-breasted family. I acknowledge that and am generally fine with it. However, I hate my boobs, which have taken the concept to a new level. Up until last year (I'm in my mid-twenties), I was a D-cup. Last year, I was a DD-cup. This year, I'm a GG-cup. No, that's not a typo, and my doctor is stunned. There was a net loss of weight this year, no increase. I had a prolactin test done a few months ago that came back the epitome of normal. I did a simple check for lumps. Nothing. I talked to my family about possibly getting a breast reduction, and they were all for it. That says something, when your parents hear that you're thinking of plastic surgery and their response is "*nodnod* You're probably right." So yeah. I just wanted to come here and vent quickly, see if anyone had heard any weird medical conditions that can cause this sort of thing, and maybe provide some advice (Though what kind, I'm not sure).

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 7:38 pm

yamato_rena wrote:
I come from a big-breasted family. I acknowledge that and am generally fine with it. However, I hate my boobs, which have taken the concept to a new level. Up until last year (I'm in my mid-twenties), I was a D-cup. Last year, I was a DD-cup. This year, I'm a GG-cup. No, that's not a typo, and my doctor is stunned. There was a net loss of weight this year, no increase. I had a prolactin test done a few months ago that came back the epitome of normal. I did a simple check for lumps. Nothing. I talked to my family about possibly getting a breast reduction, and they were all for it. That says something, when your parents hear that you're thinking of plastic surgery and their response is "*nodnod* You're probably right." So yeah. I just wanted to come here and vent quickly, see if anyone had heard any weird medical conditions that can cause this sort of thing, and maybe provide some advice (Though what kind, I'm not sure).

Hey, it is hard to believe, but I know what you mean. My mother and cousin both felt uncomfortable with their size, and had them reduced. It took me a long time to understand why, because my mother had it done when I was just 5 or so. Don't feel bad about having it done at all, and don't listen to people who tell you otherwise. Good luck in the decision, don't let people tease you! Don't feel guilty about it either, hope it helps.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 8:03 pm

yamato_rena wrote:

Mid twenties? How old are you exactly?
After the age of 25, unless you grow at a slower rate, your boobs shouldn't be dramatically changing size anymore.

Did they check for hormone imbalances? It's the only other thing I could think of apart from Prolactin.
Are you on the pill?
Apart from that - is there any possibility that you could be pregnant?

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 8:05 pm

Kjas wrote:
yamato_rena wrote:

After the age of 25, unless you grow at a slower rate, your boobs shouldn't be dramatically changing size anymore.

Did they check for hormone imbalances? It's the only other thing I could think of apart from Prolactin.
Are you on the pill?

Listen to Kjas, as I'm not really a woman. I just feel bad you are embarrassed about it.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 8:06 pm

It seems like anytime I gain even 5lbs it goes to my boobs and then it's just stuck there. It used to make me want to starve, until I got aggressive with anyone who comments on my boobs unsolicited. Now I'm actually having back problems, but I don't think it's my boobs, or MAYBE they are a contributing factor because they're now a D-cup, which isn't huge, especially at my height/bigger frame etc.

I wish boobs were detachable so they could just be an optional body part each day.

I don't know, it's not the same as what you're dealing with but yeah, I hate my boobs about 50% of the time. I used to hate that people could see them no matter how hard I tried to dress to hide them sometimes(like two sports bras and a hoodie) the size was obvious, but I've become pretty hostile with strangers saying s**t about my body and while I come off as really pissed off about 1% of the time in public, it has helped me to stop internalizing all my hate for attention and s**t and start reacting in the moment.

It's just the physical aspect that I hate now. ALTHOUGH, my dogs see them as perfect pillows when they lay on me, so at least someone is getting some use out of them.

yamato_rena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 May 2013, 8:17 pm

meems wrote:
It seems like anytime I gain even 5lbs it goes to my boobs and then it's just stuck there. It used to make me want to starve, until I got aggressive with anyone who comments on my boobs unsolicited. Now I'm actually having back problems, but I don't think it's my boobs, or MAYBE they are a contributing factor because they're now a D-cup, which isn't huge, especially at my height/bigger frame etc.

I wish boobs were detachable so they could just be an optional body part each day.

I don't know, it's not the same as what you're dealing with but yeah, I hate my boobs about 50% of the time. I used to hate that people could see them no matter how hard I tried to dress to hide them sometimes(like two sports bras and a hoodie) the size was obvious, but I've become pretty hostile with strangers saying sh** about my body and while I come off as really pissed off about 1% of the time in public, it has helped me to stop internalizing all my hate for attention and sh** and start reacting in the moment.

It's just the physical aspect that I hate now. ALTHOUGH, my dogs see them as perfect pillows when they lay on me, so at least someone is getting some use out of them.

This sounds a lot like me. I used to gain weight a lot around puberty, a lot of it went to my chest and then refused to leave. Like I said, I was fine with it then, but what I'm dealing with now, with a massive growth spurt with no weight gain and no puberty, really bugs me. I relate to everything you're saying so much, up to and including the puppy pillows. That's the one good thing about them, in my opinion, as my puppy's finicky and only likes to be pet on her own terms.

Kjas wrote:

Are you on the pill?

And this is why my doctor's stumped. You're roughly right - I'm 24. My boobs should have stopped growing a while ago. My doctor and I are talking about hormone imbalances now. I actually thought that's what the prolactin test was about. Are there other hormones that can affect breast size? And no, I'm not on the pill. I can't stand being touched, especially by guys, so I've never lasted past a first date with one and never saw much use for the pill. With that said, the answer to your last question should be apparent, unless I am the next coming of the Virgin Mary, which I strongly doubt. :lol:

revolutionarygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 May 2013, 10:17 pm

My breasts grew two sizes after I turned 23, without weight gain. It actually isn't uncommon.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 12:57 am

I have one friend who's boobs only stopped growing at 26. At 23 they were a DD and by 26 they were GG's. They stopped there though, thankfully.
Although every time she gained weight, it weight mostly to her boobs and never really came off, even when she lost weight.

Hormones can affect breast size, certainly. As far as I know - progesterone, estrogen, HGH and IGF-1 all affect breast development and size.
Until you're about 25 or 26, your HGH levels will still be quite high (although they should be lowering rather than getting higher - that may be a cause for concern), which means it is possible to increase your breast size.
That's why checking for hormone imbalances will be pretty important, because otherwise you don't know what your looking at is medically normal, although a little later than usual but well within the necessary age range - or whether it's not normal in medical terms and you need to look further into it.

yamato_rena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2013, 6:47 am

Kjas wrote:
I have one friend who's boobs only stopped growing at 26. At 23 they were a DD and by 26 they were GG's. They stopped there though, thankfully.
Although every time she gained weight, it weight mostly to her boobs and never really came off, even when she lost weight.

Hormones can affect breast size, certainly. As far as I know - progesterone, estrogen, HGH and IGF-1 all affect breast development and size.
Until you're about 25 or 26, your HGH levels will still be quite high (although they should be lowering rather than getting higher - that may be a cause for concern), which means it is possible to increase your breast size.
That's why checking for hormone imbalances will be pretty important, because otherwise you don't know what your looking at is medically normal, although a little later than usual but well within the necessary age range - or whether it's not normal in medical terms and you need to look further into it.

Oh wow. I didn't realize there was even much of a possibility that this might be normal. Well, luckily, I have an OB-GYN visit scheduled for next month, so I can try bringing this up there. Normal or not, though, they're still too big, and once I've ruled out or treated any other health issues, I will try and get them reduced back down to a reasonable size. If HGH is to blame, well, I wish some of it would have gone to my height instead of my boobs. I've been vertically challenged for years, and my youngest sister is, like, half a foot taller than me.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 8:04 pm

:lol:
It doesn't work that way, there is a "height window" of a certain time period for that - after which, even if you HGH is high, you won't grow any taller. If it's exceptionally high within that window, you are likely to be taller than you genetics would indicate that you should be. Otherwise, nope.

yamato_rena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2013, 8:10 pm

Kjas wrote:
:lol:
It doesn't work that way, there is a "height window" of a certain time period for that - after which, even if you HGH is high, you won't grow any taller. If it's exceptionally high within that window, you are likely to be taller than you genetics would indicate that you should be. Otherwise, nope.

Crap, so if it peaks after the window, then no height but way too much chest. That sucks. :x

JellyCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2013, 4:44 pm

I've heard of a condition which can cause breasts tissue to grow beyond the age of 25. The women with the biggest boobs in the World has it (though she might not be the biggest in the World anymore, I'm not sure).

yamato_rena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2013, 7:08 pm

JellyCat wrote:
I've heard of a condition which can cause breasts tissue to grow beyond the age of 25. The women with the biggest boobs in the World has it (though she might not be the biggest in the World anymore, I'm not sure).

Any info on it besides its existence?

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 7:20 pm

All I can say is I've known some people who had breast reduction surgery and they were glad they did it because they had back problems or starting to.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2013, 11:54 am

Big boobs are a familial trait for me (stop growing, I have enough problems finding bras as it is!). Every woman in my family is at least a D, and there are a few beyond DD. I support your decision to get breast reduction, they get too big and they hurt your back.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2013, 1:15 pm

meems wrote:
It seems like anytime I gain even 5lbs it goes to my boobs and then it's just stuck there.

That’s curious. A woman told me once boobs are the first body part to lose fat when you work out. I also wonder why so many female athletes seem to have lost them almost completely.