Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 5:16 pm

Since long hair mainly applies to women I thought I'd post this here. I sometimes put my hair up in a pony tail since it's sort of long. Such as when I'm going out shopping or something. Otherwise I like leaving it hanging. Preferebaly so when I'm at home but my dad constantly nags me to put it up. SHEESH! so I was wondering if any other woman here liked just leaving there hair hanging and other than cutting it or complying and putting it in a pony tail any ideas? (This is ONE issue I'd want a boyfriend to understand.) Outside of dating or going out leave ME ALONE TO LET MY HAIR HANG DOWN PLEASE!

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 5:22 pm

SHEESH! It's wet from a shower so using a headband works "ok" but I like letting it hang! Dad said I belonged in a borror movie like Carrie. I rather not cut it shorter I like the length. It's not down to my butt but it's to my shoulders at least. After cutting it it never fully grew all the way back. I don't think hair ever does. :-)

singularity
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2012, 5:31 pm

I've got long messy hair past my shoulders. I like to leave it down; I can hide behind it. I'll only put it up if it's getting in my way while I'm working.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 7:10 pm

I like having mine down when it's short.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

EMTkid
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jul 2012, 9:56 pm

I can't handle having my hair long or down. My husband likes it long and it disappoints him some but he understands. I can't stand it in my face at all. I assume it is some kind of sensory issue because I like to twist it around my fingers, but I can't handle it touching my face at all. Anyone else out there like that?

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 1:01 am

EMTkid wrote:
I can't handle having my hair long or down. My husband likes it long and it disappoints him some but he understands. I can't stand it in my face at all. I assume it is some kind of sensory issue because I like to twist it around my fingers, but I can't handle it touching my face at all. Anyone else out there like that?

I can't stand it touching my neck at all. It is a painful sensation. I can't imagine someone actually wanting to have their hair down. 8O

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 4:13 am

I like having my hair down because I fiddle too much with whatever I use to put it up with.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 5:03 am

I almost always have my hair down. I find it difficult to put it up or do anything with it other than put it in a clip or a ponytail and either way it still hangs down and is on my neck.

Recently someone asked me if I was hot with all that hair and wearing it down. I am but I can't do much with it. I can't manage to really put it up or even put it in a braid behind my head.

My hair is thick and down to my waist.

This could be a problem if I were to ever get a job where I needed to have my hair up or back because I can't reliably keep it up and back. I also shed a lot.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 7:40 am

down. it hurts to tie it up and i dont like how it looks but i dont like it long either so i leave it shoulder length.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 12:07 pm

EMTkid wrote:

Yeah I don't like having mine all around my face either so pretty much always tie it up. Some people tell me I should wear it down sometimes but it makes me hot aswell and is just annoying. I wish I could wear it down sometimes for a change though. It's not particularly long; about shoulder length. Recently I thought about having a bit of a fringe cut into it, although it's curly so that could be a gamble but I decided not to as I think that might annoy me aswell.

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2012, 12:15 pm

I prefer my hair down but when I'm working or working out I have no choice but to make a bun.
My family also bugs me to wear them up since I have wavy hair and they go crazy if I dont have it straightened.

Spirochete
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jul 2012, 1:14 pm

I prefer wearing it down. Ponytails never feel entirely centered to me, and symmetry is one of my big OCD triggers. Ideally I would have it cut short, but my mom won't let me, she always wants me to style it and put a lot of time and effort into it even though she knows that it makes me uncomfortable... such are the woes of living with your parents. :roll:

Nymeria8
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 5:32 pm

I wear my hair down all the time. Its more comfortable. But I put it in a pony tail when I go out. I consider that "doing" my hair.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 5:51 pm

I HAVE to wear my hair down because I have an abnormally large head and forehead (I have cow-licks on both sides so I can't have a fringe/bangs) on-top a long neck...basically when I have my hair up I look like some sort of freaky alien. I'll wear it up at home and especially to bed, normally in a bun so my hair goes all wavy/curly. I wish I could wear it up outside as it's more comfortable in the summer, stops me hiding behind my hair when nervous, and it's just more practical sometimes (such as during a bad hair day).

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

melmaclorelai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2012, 7:24 am

I used to have hair a bit past my waist. When it was that long, I had it in a ponytail or braid 99.9% of the time, because it kept it out of my way and it helped stave off some of the knots and tangles. I also never used to like the feeling of hair on my neck or ears.

I had to cut it shorter because it was giving me headaches. Now it's a little past my shoulders and I almost never braid it or tie it up. I don't mind feeling it on my neck or ears now.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 12:24 pm

I don't like tying my hair back because it looks too stark. It's just my luck to have a shape of face that needs to be covered a bit by my hair.