Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 11:37 pm

have always had abdominal pains... though having any hope of a doctor finding out what's wrong with me is waning.

have had persistant cysts... and polyps... and every single time... i have to go through the stress of seeing what else is wrong. every doctor has to prove something for themselves.

that i keep getting them is scaring me. my aunt on my mom's side got cancer and had to have a hysterectomy when she was not much older than me... her mom had ovarian and uterine cancer, which killed her. i think they both had endometriosis, i know my aunt did... which i may have though they seem to always just laugh it off "these days"

and im about to embark on another round of the inquisition.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 11:47 pm

Best of luck, Sedaka

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 6:16 am

Sedaka, remember - the treatments now are better and research gives better and better results. So, even if 'worst-case-scenario,' there are real viable treatment options that WORK. Don't lose hope.

Anyway, please feel better soon.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 9:18 am

I had ovarian cancer which was rare because I was so young and just a kid. Sure doctor visits and diagnostic procedures are
scary and anxiety provoking but, what is the alternative...finding too late that you have cancer?

Ovarian Cancer doesn't show up with any real "symptoms" which is why it is so bad...and not usually diagnosed until the late stages of cancer. I was lucky as a kid when they found mine.

If you need any reassurance, you can PM me anytime.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 5:48 pm

im in the mood to hope they just rip everything out cause i dont need to reproduce. can't even find out until i get an ultrasound one month down the line, after i've just had a period.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 5:59 pm

I am so sorry Sedaka.....I'm sending you a virtual bouquet of Alaskan wildflowers in your favorite color (well, everything is covered in snow at 30 below zero, but we'll pretend)! :flower:

Please don't cry Sedaka

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 6:28 pm

Sedaka wrote:
im in the mood to hope they just rip everything out cause i dont need to reproduce. can't even find out until i get an ultrasound one month down the line, after i've just had a period.

Worst case scenario, you could extract and bank your eggs for potential future use.

Get every test possible... drs do like to scare people and always present the worst potential outcome. But use them to get access to all the testing you can.

Azharia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2008, 6:32 pm

Best of Luck!!
Will be thinking of you.
And remember, sometimes you can have years and years of abdominal pains without any traceable medical reason.
It's quite possible that it is painful and nasty and not a danger at all.
<3

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 7:43 pm

Good luck sweetie, hope you're ok!! Be strong and think positive - you're ok, you're safe, you're healthy and you're fine. :)

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 12:16 pm

go in for my ultrasound next wednesday...

randomly, my mom just called me today cause she's getting a uterine biopsy done on fri cause she has growths and squamous cells today using some weird technique i haven't heard of...

so my grandma died of uterine/ovarian cancer (possible endo)
her one daughter had endo and uterus removed @ my age
my mom made it to menopause and now she's having issues
ive had unidentified issues and pains and growths since my teens

omg genetics suck.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 12:48 pm

Sedaka wrote:
go in for my ultrasound next wednesday...

randomly, my mom just called me today cause she's getting a uterine biopsy done on fri cause she has growths and squamous cells today using some weird technique i haven't heard of...

so my grandma died of uterine/ovarian cancer (possible endo)
her one daughter had endo and uterus removed @ my age
my mom made it to menopause and now she's having issues
ive had unidentified issues and pains and growths since my teens

omg genetics suck.

If only you could clone a new uterus, etc. That day will probably come within a few years, I bet.

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 10:24 pm

Sedaka wrote:

Been through it, the frustration and the feeling of just rip it out because I don't use it anyway. Eventually they did. I had to keep pushing before they figured out what was going on.

Hopefully they will figure yours out. Sending good thoughts your way.

to save me from ruin

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 11:05 pm

ZanneMarie wrote:
Sedaka wrote:

Been through it, the frustration and the feeling of just rip it out because I don't use it anyway. Eventually they did. I had to keep pushing before they figured out what was going on.

Hopefully they will figure yours out. Sending good thoughts your way.

and for some CRAZY reason....... my body is rebelling against every bit of wit i have in me......... to reproduce!! !!

that's the last thing this world needs... but it's adding a weird layer to my on-and-off-again depression.

edit: and thanks ZM and everyone here wishing me well..... it's kinda scarey :cry:

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 11:52 pm

Sedaka wrote:
have always had abdominal pains... though having any hope of a doctor finding out what's wrong with me is waning.

have had persistant cysts... and polyps... and every single time... i have to go through the stress of seeing what else is wrong. every doctor has to prove something for themselves.

that i keep getting them is scaring me. my aunt on my mom's side got cancer and had to have a hysterectomy when she was not much older than me... her mom had ovarian and uterine cancer, which killed her. i think they both had endometriosis, i know my aunt did... which i may have though they seem to always just laugh it off "these days"

Since you didn't mention it, I'm guessing polycystic ovarian syndrome was ruled out. That just seems kind of odd to me as that would cause this. My sisters get cysts so bad from they'll end up rolling on the floor and pain. Both have had surgery to remove them at least once.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 12:16 am

Triangular_Trees wrote:
Sedaka wrote:

Since you didn't mention it, I'm guessing polycystic ovarian syndrome was ruled out. That just seems kind of odd to me as that would cause this. My sisters get cysts so bad from they'll end up rolling on the floor and pain. Both have had surgery to remove them at least once.

yeah they've checked my hormone levels..... A-OK.... which is good, i guess

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

Goche21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2008, 12:50 am

Don't worry, it's probably nothing. Just in case we're here for you.

I just had a hysterectemy, and I'm 19, so I know how you feel about that. At least I had my little girl first though... If ((heaven forbid)) you do need a hysterectemy, I'll be glad to talk to you about it, okay?