Page 8 of 17 [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 3:46 pm

I'm tired of saying this several times a day on this forum, but that's me. Almost everything in these tables, that's me. Thanks!

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2010, 11:39 pm

I didn't know that crying easily was a trait of AS. This explains why I've always been a crybaby. :cry: It's really embarrassing.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 12:02 am

Hah. Wash and wear hairstyles. My mom wants to get me a wig in case chemo/radiation makes me lose my hair and I'm just like "Why would I care? If people don't like it, why are they looking at me?"

I may get a wig for the fun of it though. I always wondered how I'd look as a strawberry blonde pixie.

Is youthful? God, I f*****g HATE that stereotype. People have thought I was 30 since I was 13.

Self-taught reader/hyperlexic: we had this contest in fifth grade for reading and my teacher accused me of cheating because I'd been reporting so many books read. My mom actually had to have a talk with her and say "No. It's all she ever does." My mom actually grounded me from reading one time. I have a picture of me at 18 months holding a newspaper, reading it.

May have one or many partial degrees due to struggle with social aspects of college: I have two, in French and linguistics. I made it to junior year before getting fed up with the kindergarten aspect of group work.

Sensory: I have crazy sensory issues, but I have to say that taste has never been a problem.

No GI problems.

I never leave the house.

I don't see the point in shopping with friends for the sake of doing it with friends (I'll go iff I need something). Same with "doing lunch." Am I hungry? No. Then f**k it.

On sex, I find that I hate kissing on the lips (I don't see the point), but I love it anywhere else. Can't get enough.

black_swan100
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Sep 2010, 3:43 am

Thank you for posting this - there are possibly 4 or 5 things on the table that don't fit, but the rest is spot on!

yellowLedbetter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Sep 2010, 8:33 am

MizLiz wrote:
Hah. Wash and wear hairstyles. My mom wants to get me a wig in case chemo/radiation makes me lose my hair and I'm just like "Why would I care? If people don't like it, why are they looking at me?"

I may get a wig for the fun of it though. I always wondered how I'd look as a strawberry blonde pixie.

Is youthful? God, I f***ing HATE that stereotype. People have thought I was 30 since I was 13.

Self-taught reader/hyperlexic: we had this contest in fifth grade for reading and my teacher accused me of cheating because I'd been reporting so many books read. My mom actually had to have a talk with her and say "No. It's all she ever does." My mom actually grounded me from reading one time. I have a picture of me at 18 months holding a newspaper, reading it.

May have one or many partial degrees due to struggle with social aspects of college: I have two, in French and linguistics. I made it to junior year before getting fed up with the kindergarten aspect of group work.

Sensory: I have crazy sensory issues, but I have to say that taste has never been a problem.

No GI problems.

I never leave the house.

I don't see the point in shopping with friends for the sake of doing it with friends (I'll go iff I need something). Same with "doing lunch." Am I hungry? No. Then f**k it.

On sex, I find that I hate kissing on the lips (I don't see the point), but I love it anywhere else. Can't get enough.

I HATE group work as well!! ! I always avoided it in high school, but even in college there's still some classes that force me to be with other people! I also rarely leave the house. And I dislike kissing on the lips as well.

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Sep 2010, 1:21 pm

Spot on for me too!

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 1:27 pm

I really think the group work in college was worse than in high school. Its like you weren't expected to be able to do anything independently. Everything was always "get a partner" even for the stupidest, most simple things. Then you'd get graded with your partner and mine was always a lazy moron.

yellowLedbetter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Sep 2010, 1:32 pm

Well unfortunately for me I have a feeling that most of my classes in the future will require group work since I'm an education major.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 1:35 pm

I am SO glad they made something like this. It seems that almost all other research on Asperger's
is primarily about males. I was at first somewhat skeptical about my diagnosis but after reading info like this I know it has to be true. I've always had an intense love for drawing cartoons and I act like a "big kid" because I collect stuffed animals and play video games and like to read classic children's stories. If a top or t-shirt doesn't have a cartoon or video game character on it I don't consider it worth worth wearing and I wear blue jeans and sneakers almost every day. I hardly ever wear makeup and I think it's stupid to spend hours in front of the mirror slathering on greasy oily gritty face paint just to go do your grocery shopping! I used to hardly ever shave my legs but I do now because I'm fair skinned and dark-haired and I hate how they end up looking like gorilla legs though I seldom use anything other than bath water and soap. I used to role-play with my stuffed animals a lot even as a teenager and I still do occasionally in fact I wish I did it more often. I often have trouble finding the right words during conversations but I find it easier to write about them. I've often felt that I don't act really male or female. But maybe partly it's because I was raised that way. I can't stand injustice and often feel I have the world on my shoulders and it has caused me much anxiety and depression for the past 20 years or so of my life...

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 7:08 pm

I can't remember NOT being able to read and I taught myself how to draw, swim, write, sew, cook and make crafts. Yet I couldn't figure out how to tie my shoelaces until I was around nine years old. :oops:

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 11:43 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I can't remember NOT being able to read and I taught myself how to draw, swim, write, sew, cook and make crafts. Yet I couldn't figure out how to tie my shoelaces until I was around nine years old. :oops:

Yep. Same here. I had to wear slip ons in first grade. I think I was about seven when I finally learned. There was actually a class, a graded class, in kindergarten for shoe tying and I got an "unsatisfactory"

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 12:44 am

The list fits so many people here I can't help wondering if the wording may be just too generic. Perhaps someone should post it on a forum for NT females and see if they respond about the same or if we really are different.

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Sep 2010, 5:25 am

I have taught myself so much, crafts, diy, photography, cooking... and run my own business now in something I taught myself

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 5:45 am

MizLiz wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Yep. Same here. I had to wear slip ons in first grade. I think I was about seven when I finally learned. There was actually a class, a graded class, in kindergarten for shoe tying and I got an "unsatisfactory"

I am an autodidact too, best teacher for myself. I taught myself so many things - foreign languages, computers, household stuff like knitting and sewing, swimming - just enough so as not to drown in a normal-depth pool , etc. even how to manage social interaction in small doses :) but I never learned how to catch a ball that's flying at me. Or dance.

thehandmedown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2010, 5:05 am

wow.... this describes very many aspects of me.

9of47
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2010, 11:18 am

Wow. Most entries in both tables describe me. Thanks for putting it up.