Page 8 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 5:35 am

Dresses? No freaking way. Skirts...sometimes. But only if it's hot as hell.

Gallygun
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2010, 7:11 am

I won't wear them. You have to adjust your entire style of movement to not be considered "obscene". I won't even wear skorts, same reason.

They all make me feel trampy. They're like high heels, which in the middle ages where created for the sole purpose of restricting women's movement, and shortening their stride.

I like the look, especially of miniskirts. But you can't do anything in them! And the stigma surrounding them is annoying, so say the least. I remember when I had my first semi-boyfriend. I was wearing a skirt. His friend saw me and said "hey, who's the b****?" I had no idea how to react, but now it makes me sick!

Locrian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2010, 6:01 pm

I dislike dresses, I won't wear them because they're one entire garment and it pretty much makes moving around in them or doing anything in them a major nuisance.
I love to wear skirts, but I am particular about them.
When it comes to clothing I am extremely picky. :roll:

NalaFontaine
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Sep 2010, 10:00 pm

putting up with pantyhose would be more of my problem.
I don't mind skirts that much, I do prefer my pants over them. but being married, you would guess what follows. I don't particularly like the mini skirts.

I am struggling with the hole bothering with how I look. If I got some business thing to tend to, then obviously I would have to try to look professional and put up with the damned pantyhose. But when I'm at home all day, I don't have a personal purpose of my own, I have no desire to wear the reached things. I'm also getting pushed about it for non-professional/non-special occasions. Getting pestered like that is making my hate pantyhose even worse.

Advice please?

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2010, 10:09 pm

I wear skirts pretty often, I don't wear dresses as much. When I was thinner I loved wearing short skirts because they're just so comfy. I probably wear most skirts than pants now because pants are so hard to fit :roll:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2010, 10:36 pm

I love dresses and skirts. I can twirl in them and they make me feel pretty. Too bad I usually have no reason to get dressed up.

Pseudeos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2010, 8:04 am

Pants (trousers) > dresses/skirts, IMO.

"Are we not in the hands of a lunatic? God isn?t interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the micro-chip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time; 43 species of parrot! Nipples for men!"

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 3:17 am

I hate dresses and skirts for a very strange reason.

I always want my legs to be 'covered'. I cannot stand the sensation of bare legs.

For a few years, when some manufacturer made some thick poly-cotton tights that were great and covered my legs in a way I liked, then I happily wore dresses and skirts.

When those stopped being made, I stopped wearing dresses. I HATE nylons. They're too thin, and uncomfortable and a pain to put on and take off. Some kinds even itch.

I switched to pants that were soft. I could NOT wear jeans for the longest time because of the bulging cross-seam which bothered me down there.

The other half of hating dresses and skirts is that some cuts of dress-skirt or regular skirt are narrow and confining to my legs. As in, they restrict range of motion.

And finally, skirts and dresses necessitated the wearing of "good" shoes, which I despise with the fire of a thousand suns. I only wear runners now.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 1:26 am

DGirl wrote:
Used to cry as a child if I was forced to wear a skirt or dress; I didn't see myself as that "sort" of person to dress like that, & I felt it was demeaning.

I felt the same way but the crying would eventualy turn into a meltdown. I felt as if I was cross dressing if my mum forced me to wear a dress. My mom also turned the issue into a power struggle but I seriously think I was one of those gender confused kids. I used to want to be a boy after I was forced to wear a dress to church and I saw this boy wearing blue jeans and a Lion King (special intrest) T shirt. I would think, "If I was a boy I could dress how I waned!" I later learned that society has just brainwashed most parents that they must dress their daughters in ugly frilly sensory hell dresses or the accplocoypse will come.

My parents used to insist I dress "feminine" for curch as a teen but I refused to go to if I couldn't wear what I was comfortable in. The last time I wore a dress was for my brother's white coat ceromony but only because my parents and brother didn't want me to get "odd stares". So what would be new? I wonder if I am gender confused as an adult but it's not really an issue since I am asexual.

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2010, 12:34 pm

I used to not wear dresses or skirts because they're fugly and weren't my style at the time. Also if the wind blew underneath my legs, I didn't wanna pull a Marylin Monroe and have my business showing in public! But thanks to the invention of leggings and skorts, I can now wear dresses and mini skirts of my own favorite style.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 11:24 pm

I love wearing dresses and skirts. The long, flowy, comfy type. Not the fitted, tight kind that bulge at all the unflattering places. They're so comfortable compared to pants. I do wear jeans in winter, but in the warmer half of the year I only wear skirts. Pants feel almost suffocating to my legs.

I didn't start dressing in a feminine way until my mid-30s. My husband loves that. I feel like I'm finally old enough to wear whatever I want and ignore fashion completely. My clothes are all cotton or silk. I have so many shocking pink clothes and accessories matching became very easy. I also like dazzling jewelry. I still don't wear much makeup or heels. Those are uncomfortable and just won't do for me. I have a feeling that I emit a weird vibe with my eccentric, overly feminine clothes in bold colors. But then I am weird so that's just fine. I don't expect to get much better. My mom is 66 and wears even sexier, more colorful stuff than me, and she never followed any fashion trends.

leeloodallas
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2010, 10:45 pm

I love to look at dresses and draw them but I do not wear them in public (I have one that I consider a house dress). I can never find a good dress/skirt that 1) is my style, and 2) fits me correctly while being comfortable. I don't even wear nightgowns. Deep down in my subconscious I reckon I probably have a thing against legs :? . Or maybe it's because I wore dresses so much as a baby-toddler-child that I'm all dressed out.

I only wear pants. Khakis and slacks for work or dressy occasions and Jeans for everyday.

I'll wear a dress on my wedding day... or when I get a bf, whichever comes first.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 1:47 am

I just have a scar on my knee from riding my bike... nearly 20 years ago... ridiculously muscular calves and I can never be bothered to shave my legs. Besides, I'm always freezing. Its jeans or nothing.

kittylover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Oct 2010, 11:44 am

I wish I could wear a skirt to work...

I don't want to be a man anymore. *gets back to crying* :cry:

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2010, 3:19 pm

I'm probably going to wear a girl tux to my own wedding! X) I've experimented with wearing dresses and skirts, but they make me feel kind of weird. Ironically, they make me feel like I'm cross-dressing.