Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

OuterBoroughGirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2010, 11:44 pm

Yeah, probably. I've been told that I'm a "nice girl." I recall a few years ago, at a previous job, there was a retirement party for a coworker. Wine an champagne was brought out, and the conversation turned to sex (it was an all-female group). When I joined in the conversation, making a remark that was relatively innocuous in context, everyone stopped dead. They all turned to stare at me in disbelief, and then began verbally expressing their surprise that I of all people should have anything to say on that matter. One woman exclaimed, "I thought you were a virgin, C!" I was 25 years old at that time. :roll:
Backtracking further, when I was a freshman in college, a Christian group on campus tried to invite me to a Bible study. This might not seem too odd. However, it must be understood that I went to a very left-wing liberal arts college where organized religion is rejected by the vast majority of students. The few students who did identify with any religion were more likely to be Wiccans or Buddhists than to associate with any of the monotheistic Western religions. The fact that the one (tiny) Christian group on campus chose me to single out is very interesting. Incidentally, I didn't grow up practicing any religion, and I'm 75% Jewish by ethnicity. :lol:
I don't mean any offense to the Christians here by the above anecdote. I just find it interesting that I was singled out by a Christian group at this particular school, which is pretty much the last place on the planet one expects to be invited to a Bible study. Incidentally, this group was not generally in the habit of going recruiting. I suppose it's also possible that they saw me hiding out alone in the most secluded area of the library day after day, and figured I could use a friend. :shrug: Still it's interesting that they would offer me friendship in the form of religion within this particular culture.
*sigh* I seem to have strayed from the original topic, as usual. The connection is clear to anyone who lives in my head. Of course, since none of you live there, my apparent digression probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense. :oops: Ah, well, I frequently don't make sense to others. That's just how I'm wired, and it can't be helped.
*Awkwardly makes her exit*

Danielleg89
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Aug 2010, 3:09 pm

I got that before but the guy who said it was on a first date with me. He was acting a total pervert and kept mentioning going back to his. I said no because I am not like that. He said "lets skip dating and move straight into a relationship because I already know I like you." When I was rejecting the idea of going back to his and respecting myself apparently that made me "too nice."

Some say it if you don't sleep around, party or drink excessive amounts of alcohol and they do. I don't go out drinking, partying and respect myself. If living it up is what people like that refer to as living (slowly killing myself via alcohol and being used) I would really rather not. Not all men but a majority of them seem to just be out for what they can get.

Guys usually say your too nice if your too smart for them to manipulate. I get a lot of guys thinking they can take advantage of my kind nature. :evil: I don't let myself be used so I am "too nice". :roll: Those type of guys are the same ones who usually have the audacity to ask for friends with benefits or fun friendship. Meaning they get all the benefits of a relationship minus any responsibility or consideration for the person they are using,. Yeah right!

Sometimes I get annoyed when I think of guys who I have encountered like that. I just tell them no but it bugs me to know there is people like that. I don't see how some people can be so uncaring and insensitive because I am not. I always consider how my actions would effect others and think before doing or saying things, But, I am beginning to see people like that are of no loss to me because they may as well be soulless while treating people that way it is inhumane to ask that of someone imo.

I think everyone deserves to be with someone who sees their worth and treats them as they should be treated. I know not all people are Necessarily seeking the one but no one deserves any less and the world is getting wired up if being good is being looked at as a negative thing. In my experience being "too nice" means you dont do the things the person saying it does or wont do what they want you to.

UglyDuckling
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Aug 2010, 4:40 pm

I've been told by a couple of guys I dated that that's what was attractive about me at first - being soft-spoken and wholesome-looking compared with other women. It may not be every guy's cup of tea, but some apparently appreciate these traits. Then it's a toss-up whether they want you to be that way all the time, or whether they're hoping you're just bottling up all your wildness and saving it for the bedroom.

UglyDuckling

28 Aug 2010, 4:47 pm

Quote:
I just find it interesting that I was singled out by a Christian group at this particular school, which is pretty much the last place on the planet one expects to be invited to a Bible study

You sure they singled you out? The places I've gone to school, campus Christian groups have taken a more scattershot approach: invite everyone to Bible study, including Atheists, Wiccans, and Buddhists. Maybe some of 'em will come out of boredom, loneliness, or curiosity and convert.