Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 12:07 pm

Probably not. I might be able to appreciate the guy's aesthetic qualities, but my interest wouldn't go further than that.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 9:08 pm

I'd watch but I won't pay.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 9:12 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
No.

Pointless. The most it would do is make me laugh. AT him.

I can think of stuff I would rather spend my money on... its right down the bottom of my list.

Same. It's not a treat to see a "hot body" of some dude I don't know that is on public display. :/

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 11:06 pm

no, boring.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 2:25 am

No.
I like eye candy, sure, but taking off one's clothes seems mechanical to me, not sexual - not to mention the whole loud, crowded, nasty scene that surrounds stripper shows.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 9:54 am

Only if I could bring a book.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 4:04 pm

It would only make me embarrassed and uncomfortable, for myself, for the guy, for everyone else there having a really artificial and awkward experience.

(I also don't find beefcake guys attractive, but I would feel no better about it if the stripper was someone I was actually attracted to.)

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2011, 5:03 pm

No. I don't feel physical attraction to anyone, even if they're Brad Pitt (in his prime) sexy. I lack that ability, so a male stripper would be useless around me.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 9:32 pm

Nope. My mother *LOVES* male strippers, she tried to explain the appeal but I just never understood it.

For me it would be hugely uncomfortable, also I wouldn't find them attractive...generally attractive men don't do it for me. I prefer guys I get a good general 'vibe' from, big guys (aka more than a little meat 'fat' on them), with facial hair and either long hair or skinheads...or geeky guys...imagine them stripping!!

A FEMALE stripper however - hell yeah. Women's bodies are pretty to look at, men are only really attractive when you're attracted to them. Lucky all my friends are male so I expect to be dragged to see female strippers on my 'hen' night...not sure how I'll manage that awkwardness, but I'll find a way :wink:

MalcolmsMom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jan 2011, 6:30 pm

Nope. The objectification is something I can't ignore, it would just be depressing. Not to mention boring. And crowded with people I can't relate to. Ick.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 2:07 pm

No, I'd get bored and find the whole thing too silly to enjoy it. I'm not that interested in watching naked guys and even less so if they're showing off and dancing and trying to be macho. My taste in guys is very different from the mainstream and I suspect you'd never find my type of guy at a strip show. :lol:

LateToThis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2011, 3:03 pm

it seems kind of pointless to me. Never one to have a crush on celebrity or some fantasy image. Some guy making pelvic motions, and taking off his clothes, "tying off" to make himself look hard, etc,kind of oogy actually. I have been backstage at a male revue and it was pretty disgusting what they do to look sexy on stage, right down to squirting baby oil over everything and you don't really want to touch sticky oily skin. I agree girls have much prettier bodies, but even more pointless. If I want to see beautiful bodies, I can go to the ballet or watch gymnastics, etc, for free,on TV, without the loud music and seedy atmosphere of most strip clubs.

analyser23
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jan 2011, 6:58 pm

It is interesting, the world of stripping. I am a female stripper myself. Men come along for all sorts of different reasons, but a lot go purely because they are lonely and want someone to talk with.
The idea of being "objectified" is purely in the eyes of the customer. As a woman (though, I am not your "typical" stripper I must add), it is about the beauty of the female body, the art of the sensuality (and yes, it is extremely artistic, particularly on stage), it is the challenge of creating attractive angles, it is the ability to make someone feel special. Some men have no intimacy in their lives, and although it is not "real", it can be real in a sense too. It depends on the girl, and the guy. However, many customers make it awful - they DO objectify us and treat us like dirt. I am a smart woman who has a child and pays a mortgage, has a degree, it doing further study, and is starting my own business in Life Coaching.
It is a hard job. We work 9pm til 5am on average 4 nights a week and night shift is just awful. Coupled with the fact we have to deal with a lot of very rude men, and it is always a gamble as to how much money you will earn. And, as a "suspected aspie" it can be utter HELL having to continually go up to strange men - and GROUPS of strange men! - and try to engage in not only normal conversation, but conversation good enough to convince a guy you are better than 30 other girls, whilst being surrounded by a crowd and talking over loud music and flashing lights. What a nightmare, I can't wait to quit lol
Sorry, that was a long-winded answer to your question. So, would I go see a male stripper? Before having met my partner, I might have yes, just out of curiosity, but I am very picky about people that I like so I would be doubtful I would come across a male stripper who would have taken my fancy. I am very happy with my partner now though so no need to worry about it :)

Liz

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 5:44 pm

No. Most male strippers are gay. I do, however, have a great appreciate for a man that I'm seeing doing a little dance and stripping for me.
Still waiting for my husband to do that.

FarqyTheIndolent
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 11:26 am

Doubt it.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 9:00 pm

I think it would be more fun to see female strippers with some of my friend-girls. :lol: