37-40 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
40 + 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Never married/ NT/male/want to see the result 53%  53%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 32

Kookygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Mar 2013, 1:08 pm

I got married at 21 and we're still together 10 yrs later with 3 children. I was probably a little young but complemented each other so well I thought it was worth the risk. Thankfully it paid off, we've never had a major arguement the whole time we've been together. We get moody and fed up with each other sometimes but nothing too serious. I can't imagine my life without my family.

When in doubt........mumble.

Chamber
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2013, 1:48 pm

Can't vote but I was 30. I already had 2 kids with him though :lol:

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 6:04 am

The voting poll is closed off..im unable to vote.

I am from india...we have arranged marriage system here.
Earlier there was child marriage when children were married off at age of 8-9 years

Ok my marriage was arranged by my parents at age of 24
Its been 10 years of marriage now and a kid

We had serious fights in beginning of marriage mainly due to financial problems
And also i was too immature, moody and vulnerable
even my hubby is the same.

So somehow during this 10 years we both have grown up together
and learned from mistakes.

I wouldnt have been able to deal with dating scenario given my indian upbringing
and lack of social know how

elsing
Raven
Raven

31 Mar 2013, 7:51 am

I will never marry the man I love, I have been in a committed relationship with him since the age of 16, we imagine ourselves growing old together.

a) Neither of us see any point in marriage
b) Too many social conventions attached to the event,
c) An unconventional wedding that excluded family due to a distant venue would be unacceptable to either of our families,
d) No financial benefits outweigh the expected cost of a wedding or compensate for the stress of the event,

I would however like to call him my husband and be his wife as the titles are more mature and suggest the appropriate level of commitment we have for each other.

I frequently find many women find the fact that I have only had one partner offensive and assume I am showing off or prudish and shy. Occasionally some women try to tempt me away from my relationship by inviting me to go out with them and meet other men.
I find other men tend to be much more accepting of the arrangement.

ElsieKrys
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2013, 12:06 am

I got married at twenty. We've been married for over seven years now.

CaroleTucson
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2013, 4:27 pm

I was 25, three years out of college, four years into the relationship, and wondering if it was ever going anywhere.

We were married for 17 years, 16.9 of which were happy.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 8:24 pm

Mitsuki wrote:
I saw a discussion on Aspie females marrying young, I was surprised but then I only know a few other Aspie females in person and so cannot draw a conclusion from my small sample of acquaintances.

What was your age of first marriage?
Poll's closed so can't vote.
Was 26 when I got married,
30 when we got divorced (a decade ago).
We'd been a couple since I was 22, so it was a total of 8.5 yrs. together.
Have had one LTR since then, but that seems awfully long ago :(

SirReality
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Oct 2013, 8:27 pm

Interesting. I hadn't found anything that said Aspie women married young. I actually assumed most married older.

I married at 20 to another Aspie.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 10:50 am

I have never been married and I have resigned myself to thinking that I will never marry.

Mimsie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Nov 2013, 8:53 am

Wanted to marry at 20 to boyfriend who later said he'd have loved to marry me but wanted to show my family he would be a good provider and a success FIRST. We broke up a year later. I then married a successful, alcoholic who showed me a lot of attention when I was 25 (he was 18 years older) had one child. Divorced 7 years later. Remarried at age34 to a narcissist same age as me. Decided to divorce within first year, found out I was pregnant , stayed together for 14 years. Divorced age 47 and remarried 49 through my catholic dating site. Happily ever after. He's not perfect nor am I. He understands me and is the one who suggested I was an aspie. He loves my aspie daughter and my fairly nt son. I sometimes wonder about my son and him being an aspie too. I finally married someone I really wanted to marry and was not influenced by desperation (first time) or persuaded by dad and second husband(second marriage). Life is finally good and I have a partner for life. Our faith helps us in times of need.

butterflymama
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Nov 2013, 8:44 pm

Long story short:
Engaged right before 19, discovered I was pregnant, got married at 19. We have 3 boys, and are still married. 8O :D :heart:
Ups and downs are inevitable, but I plan on staying married (even though I feel like this at times :wall: ).

Mimsie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2013, 2:02 pm

elsing wrote:
I will never marry the man I love, I have been in a committed relationship with him since the age of 16, we imagine ourselves growing old together.

a) Neither of us see any point in marriage
b) Too many social conventions attached to the event,
c) An unconventional wedding that excluded family due to a distant venue would be unacceptable to either of our families,
d) No financial benefits outweigh the expected cost of a wedding or compensate for the stress of the event,

I would however like to call him my husband and be his wife as the titles are more mature and suggest the appropriate level of commitment we have for each other.

I frequently find many women find the fact that I have only had one partner offensive and assume I am showing off or prudish and shy. Occasionally some women try to tempt me away from my relationship by inviting me to go out with them and meet other men.
I find other men tend to be much more accepting of the arrangement.

Sounds like you should avoid the other women and obviously the other men. Good for you :)