Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2014, 7:58 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
GivePeaceAChance wrote:
Atomsk wrote:
If you don't like them posting here, why not just ignore them? Skip over their posts.

I skip over a lot of posts for a lot of reasons, although gender is not one of them for me.

I finally found the ignore code and many of them get blanked out now - really? shouldn't people just not be cruel?

I know - I know, I have been told I am an idealist
Im not cruel I jst get curious and end up asking the wrong questions at the wrong place and time. :( Please do not hate me for that but if you want to hate me for that then so be it, it cant be helped! I will not hate back I try and vow not to hate back because hate really hurts ad drains energy.

I've never taken offence to anything you have said.

MissMaria
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Mar 2014, 6:37 pm

y-pod wrote:
It only bothers me when I see various threads like "do women like ...." "do women feel..." "why do women do ...etc." If any guys want some gender stereotypes, WP isn't the right place to find it. Most of us aren't exactly typical enough to be generic representative for "women". I don't know about others, but I always feel like a person and view others as persons.

^this right here.

I'm already regarded as enough of a curiosity/freak and sexual challenge (a la Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines") in person; I don't need it online, too.

Although I'm new here, I'm not new to the Internet. On other forums I just don't read or respond to threads that start with phrasing which makes me feel like I've been brought in for token representation. I don't need that in my life.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 3:51 am

GivePeaceAChance wrote:
Atomsk wrote:
If you don't like them posting here, why not just ignore them? Skip over their posts.

I skip over a lot of posts for a lot of reasons, although gender is not one of them for me.

I finally found the ignore code and many of them get blanked out now - really? shouldn't people just not be cruel?

There's an ignore code? Tell us!

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 6:28 am

LKL wrote:
GivePeaceAChance wrote:
Atomsk wrote:

There's an ignore code? Tell us!

it is this thread in the wrongplanet.net discussion section

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt167309.html

they tell you there everything on how to install and use (read the whole thread there is quite a bit)

NinsMom
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Mar 2014, 6:32 pm

Perhaps I shouldn't say anything, being an NT on an Aspie board but:
I'm sure getting tired of The Men Folk hijacking threads & telling us Wimmin' Folk what we are like etc. It's not just "Do Wimmin Like...?" although AO has said some pretty nasty things lately about wimmin & NT ones in particular.
The Game Playing thread on here.. 140lb (of B.S.?) fills most of a page with his " theories". Then he adds to it by using the word "b*tch in nearly every paragraph. (Oh.. Congrats to ME! I'm not Intentionally being a B*tch!, or he tells me I'm not.. Nice to know I'm just an unintentional B*tch. How does he know? 8O He just DOES! (see wimmin really Are sarcastic. :lol: )

I was on late last night & he said something about not being a man hating .(something something)........ Lezbo. When I checked again this morning he had switched the Lezbo word to 'B*tch. ' Excuse me! If he's gonna use the "L" word, he could at least use it properly. "Lesbian". I'm pretty sure he would try that with childish euphemisms for Gay men, or transgender people. No, he felt entitled to do some name calling on a Women's forum. :x

I find his posts, 'Like, you know, like..so... Gay! ( If he's gonna act like a 10 year old boy, so can I.) :lol:

There was no Romantic Love until fairly recently. Wimmen didn't choose their partners, & neither did men. In most societies the parents chose for them. (Even pretty recently in N. America, esp. in the upper classes.)
So all his theories on Neolithic Love are just made up. Nobody knows what happened then & what the social morays were for mating. There is no oral or written history from that period for us to check out.
So just make $#!+ up??

I'm sorry, but I'm DONE with this stuff. If men have something useful to contribute to the Women's Discussion, fine, but if it's just more negging & veiled put downs, do any of us need to read this on a "Women's" forum? :?

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 10:39 pm

NinsMom wrote:
I'm sure getting tired of The Men Folk hijacking threads & telling us Wimmin' Folk what we are like etc. It's not just "Do Wimmin Like...?" although AO has said some pretty nasty things lately about wimmin & NT ones in particular.

I'm sorry, but I'm DONE with this stuff. If men have something useful to contribute to the Women's Discussion, fine, but if it's just more negging & veiled put downs, do any of us need to read this on a "Women's" forum? :?

I have always appreciated your input :D

and thank you for the rest - I agree (though there are areas I specifically stay out of to avoid too much exposure so I have not seen all that you have)

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 6:20 pm

NinsMom wrote:
The Game Playing thread on here.. 140lb (of B.S.?) fills most of a page with his " theories". Then he adds to it by using the word "b*tch in nearly every paragraph. (Oh.. Congrats to ME! I'm not Intentionally being a B*tch!, or he tells me I'm not.. Nice to know I'm just an unintentional B*tch. How does he know? 8O He just DOES! (see wimmin really Are sarcastic. :lol: )

I was on late last night & he said something about not being a man hating .(something something)........ Lezbo. When I checked again this morning he had switched the Lezbo word to 'B*tch. ' Excuse me! If he's gonna use the "L" word, he could at least use it properly. "Lesbian". I'm pretty sure he would try that with childish euphemisms for Gay men, or transgender people. No, he felt entitled to do some name calling on a Women's forum. :x

I find his posts, 'Like, you know, like..so... Gay! ( If he's gonna act like a 10 year old boy, so can I.) :lol:

There was no Romantic Love until fairly recently. Wimmen didn't choose their partners, & neither did men. In most societies the parents chose for them. (Even pretty recently in N. America, esp. in the upper classes.)
So all his theories on Neolithic Love are just made up. Nobody knows what happened then & what the social morays were for mating. There is no oral or written history from that period for us to check out.
So just make $#!+ up??

I understand your sentiment, but in defense of my lesbian and gay friends I must make a few points: first, not wanting to have sex with men does not mean that you hate them or do not like them. None of the lesbians I know "hate" men, or even dislike them as a category.
Second, there's nothing wrong with being gay, so using it as an insult is kind of weak. That's kind of like saying, 'she fights like a woman,' or 'she throws like a girl,' as an insult; it's only bad if you think that girls and women can't really fight or throw.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 6:27 pm

I have no idea what you are all talking about but I am absolutely certain that you are all wrong. Specially those of you who are men.

8)

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 7:59 pm

Yeah I too wish men refrained from posting in this section unless they have REALLY helpful things to say.

Now off to study the ignore code.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 8:50 pm

LKL wrote:
I understand your sentiment, but in defense of my lesbian and gay friends I must make a few points: first, not wanting to have sex with men does not mean that you hate them or do not like them. None of the lesbians I know "hate" men, or even dislike them as a category.
Second, there's nothing wrong with being gay, so using it as an insult is kind of weak. That's kind of like saying, 'she fights like a woman,' or 'she throws like a girl,' as an insult; it's only bad if you think that girls and women can't really fight or throw.

exactly - even though I am lesbian and a RadFem (I know this sounds cliche) but I actually have friends who are men - I just don't like being around one that pressures me for sex.

NinsMom
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Mar 2014, 11:41 am

LKL wrote:
NinsMom wrote:

So just make $#!+ up??

You are making the exact point that i was trying to make. For him (140lb) to make the assumption that "All/Most Lesbians man haters" is ridiculous! I was also trying to defend my Lesbian & Gay friends.
Here's the direct quote from 140 lb. input on the 'Game Playing" thread:
- " I wrote my post from "my viewpoint of what really happens" in some courting situations as a lead-in to how annoying self centered god's-gift-to-women, guy dumb-f*cks that seem to naturally assume that any woman that doesn't chase them to bed is a game playing lezbo."
Insulting may be in the eye of the beholder, but I find the term 'Lezbo" as demeaning as hell, @ least in this context & probably in any context from a straight person. Even if he has negged the
" god's gift to women guy", I'm still finding it pretty childish, & insulting. Is he trying to say that that's the way an arrogant man would see it, or is he saying that it is also his take..?

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 9:46 pm

I think I see what you are saying: he was disagreeing w/ jerk-guy's point, but still using jerk-guy's framing/language.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 1:02 am

NinsMom wrote:

So just make $#!+ up??

This is true and I am truly sorry for saying that, i was wrong to say that however i never mention calling women b*****s nor have I mentioned anything ill towards lesbians.I never said anything mentioining a man hating lesbian your making stuff up on that regard!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

NinsMom
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Mar 2014, 9:36 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
NinsMom wrote:

So just make $#!+ up??

This is true and I am truly sorry for saying that, i was wrong to say that however i never mention calling women b*****s nor have I mentioned anything ill towards lesbians.I never said anything mentioining a man hating lesbian your making stuff up on that regard!

@Aspie Otaku Thanks for the apology AO.
The posts I was referring to with all the "b*tch" references etc. were not made by you. Please read what I posted again. Thanks.