Have you ever wanted to cut you're ******* off?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AspieMartian
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2007, 2:08 pm

pandabear wrote:

Even my wife expressed an interest in this a long time ago, and I quite emphatically told her "No!", even if we did have the money. For one thing, I know that she would be allergic to the silicon. For another, well, she is much more to me than a pair of boobs, so I don't know what she could have been thinking. Maybe that she would have appeared more fashionable?

You're really good are patronizing women, you know that? Comestic surgery isn't about being "fashionable" - it's about self-determination. Why is that so hard for people to get that? I guess because if we allow people more opportunities to be self-determining, the less control we personally get to exercise over them. As her husband and being priviledged by societal convention to be the "head of the household," I'm sure that's an issue for you, whether you can admit it or not.

And whatever she "means" to you, she is still her own person and still has the right to make these decisions for herself. But I guess you get to deny her that, being the sort of husband who controls the checkbook and then passive-agressively spins your control issues into something that sounds like love and genuine respect. Nice.

AspieMartian
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2007, 2:15 pm

I don't know if this has been said yet, but if you have a history of breast cancer in your family, more and more doctors are willing to do elective mastecomies. While this is often not covered by insurance - and it does leave scars - it's easier these days to find doctors willing to do this. And you don't have to see a shrink for approval.

One thing to bear in mind is whether you are going to have kids and whether you what to breast-feed. There are ways to reduce breast size that can save part of the milk-producing tissue, but these procedures may not reduce teh brest size enough for some people.

I don't plan to have kids, and am currently saving money for a major breast reduction. I don't think I want a full mastecomy of both breasts, but I definitely want them smaller. I'm almost a full DD cup and it's just too big for my little frame. Even a C cup would be too big. I'm hoping for a small B cup at teh most, an A cup if possible (because i know you usually "grow" a bit after the reduction), but if I can't find a good plastic surgeon who'll do that severe of a reduction, I may just have the full mastecomy, citing (honestly) that both my grandmother and an aunt died of breast cancer and I want it for preventive measures.

ingenue
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Nov 2007, 9:45 pm

I don't like breast too, and I used to hate wearing bra. Luckily I have flat breast, so it doesn't concern me so bad... I probably would have killed myself when I was teenager if I had jumbo size breast :P

Apollyon
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2007, 2:10 am

I really hate double standards. It's okay for men to have sexual needs, but if a woman does she's a slut? Oh please. :roll:

Back on topic...

I'm almost completely flat chested, so I'm going to stand on the other side of this issue and say hey, if you don't want your boobs, give them to me! Nonetheless, the issue I have with it is actually more of a practical thing- nothing fits me! I can't wear tube tops or strapless dresses. It would be nice to wear something feminine and elegant for once, but no. I'm stuck with unflattering t-shirts. If I do try to wear something more womanly, it ends up looking like a little girl playing dress-up in mom's clothes.

I could go for an A cup. I'd be happy with that.

But to completely contradict that statement...

I really don't like the obsession with boobs. This attitude that boobs make the woman. Having something, as opposed to nothing, would be nice- but in the end It's just two blobs of fat. I've heard my share of mean remarks, from women as much as men no less. Being laughed at and taunted for being flat. In a way It's okay- at least if I'm talking to someone I know they're paying attention to what I'm saying and not my chest- but that crap with the nasty comments needs to stop. I guess there just isn't anything else to say about me- hey, she's not overweight, so let's make fun of her for not having boobs! It's like you can't win.

Really the issue has nothing to do with boobs- just this false idea of perfection, supported by airbrushed models and companies stressing "beauty" and "self-improvement" to the point that it becomes psychologically and emotionally self-destructive. People are so bombarded with it that it seems like anyone who isn't constructed of 80% botox and silicone is "ugly". I think that fakeness is what's actually ugly.

I can empathize with the gripes women have with having excessively large boobs. My mother has E cups, and it causes her a lot of back pain, not to mention the gnarly welts she gets on her shoulder from her bra straps digging into her skin. Weight loss never solved the problem, either. Strange, because one time when I gained weight, I only gained it in my thighs and stomach. I say- to heck with it. Beauty is only skin deep.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2007, 2:19 pm

I was SO uncomfortable with my body as a child. I hated undergarments and breasts meant bras. I used to duct tape them in hopes they'd stop growing. I also hated the idea of not being seen as innocent, sort of asexual. Women have breasts. I wasn't ready for that. When I realized that starving myself shrunk them, I ended up anorexic. I really battled with my body for a long time. Ironically it wasn't until after I had my first child that I accepted and liked my body.

Tempy
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2007, 8:09 am

i hate bras too but my bobs are small so i just dont wear them

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 12:30 am

Sometimes I wish mine were bigger, like for formal events where I want to look feminine, sometimes I'm glad I hardly have breasts. It depends on how feminine I feel. :)

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 11:09 am

siuan wrote:
I was SO uncomfortable with my body as a child. I hated undergarments and breasts meant bras. I used to duct tape them in hopes they'd stop growing. I also hated the idea of not being seen as innocent, sort of asexual. Women have breasts. I wasn't ready for that. When I realized that starving myself shrunk them, I ended up anorexic. I really battled with my body for a long time. Ironically it wasn't until after I had my first child that I accepted and liked my body.

Abreast of the issue topic

This is the first time I have read that someone, Siuan, did the exact same as me when I was younger. I used masking tape and electric tape and all I got was severe skin rash over the area the tape was applied. I am not very large (34A-B) but I hated breasts for the same reasons I have read in this forum. If this is any consolation, at menopause, breasts shrink somewhat, and there is usually no more feeling if artificial hormone replacement is not used.

I am just glad I am no longer seen as a sex object at my age. :)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 1:01 pm

Apollyon wrote:
I really hate double standards. It's okay for men to have sexual needs, but if a woman does she's a slut? Oh please. :roll:

Back on topic...

I'm almost completely flat chested, so I'm going to stand on the other side of this issue and say hey, if you don't want your boobs, give them to me! Nonetheless, the issue I have with it is actually more of a practical thing- nothing fits me! I can't wear tube tops or strapless dresses. It would be nice to wear something feminine and elegant for once, but no. I'm stuck with unflattering t-shirts. If I do try to wear something more womanly, it ends up looking like a little girl playing dress-up in mom's clothes.

Doesn't help much if you are at the other end of it. If you're small and have big breasts, you either have all of your tops stretched out over them so that everyone thinks you're trying to show them off or tops that engulf the rest of you and make you look like you're wearing your husband's shirts (when he's a foot taller than you are).

Yes, I've thought of cutting them off. I get sick of everyone looking at them all the time like their eyes are going to fall out of their heads. I had lunch with my new boss not too long ago and I looked up to see him sitting there with his mouth hanging open and staring at them. Of course later on he also stared at the way I eat with his mouth hanging open. He probably decided at that point that I was so strange the big boobs couldn't compensate.

They do get larger if you gain weight. My poor paternal aunts were 4'10" and you could see them coming a foot before they came around the corner. It does horrible things to your back especially when you get that big. I'm just glad my mother was pretty flat or I'd be doomed to be like those little German women.

They're also a hassle when you work out. I've yet to find a sportsbra that really fits right and is comfortable.

to save me from ruin