Bisexual 17%  17%  [ 21 ]
Lesbian 12%  12%  [ 15 ]
Other 27%  27%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 121

Judith
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2008, 2:34 pm

Whoopsie! Another NT BI answered the poll before realizing you meant to poll only AS.....

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 1:07 am

I was bi up until about 6 months ago. Then, mysteriously, I turned straight.

Yes, from the time I became aware of my sexuality circa age 12 until around my 29th birthday, I truly was bi. Then I turned 29, moved to a city with a large homosexual population, and suddenly felt straight.

I think the change of location thing is a coincidence, though. The women here are quite attractive; I just don't want to actually be intimate with any of them. I'd rather just appreciate them visually, from afar.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

01 Aug 2008, 5:05 am

Like you, BokeKaeru, I was asexual - but attracted to men on a romantic, emotional basis - up till about the age of 30. I'm guessing that I'm just a late bloomer. It was annoying as a teen because guys used to say 'Oh, yeah, she has the hots for me' and I was like, 'No....I love you'. I simply never understood why they always saw my attraction to them as purely sexual, and it hurt big time (quite apart from the fact that they never returned the favor).

But yeah, I've definitely known all along that I'm straight, bevause I've never been attracted to other women in any sense.

maddie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Aug 2008, 2:16 pm

princesseli wrote:
flutter wrote:
Your poll results might be skewed because a significant portion of AS women identify as trans, so to them, being attracted to a woman would be considered straight.

;)

If thats the case, then wouldnt the women consider identify themselves as male?

well i put other because i did not know what to say, although i identify as male i have a female body so therefore i am technically female, i have a wife so i suppose i could be considered lesbian, but i hate saying that this is what i am, so anyway i like to come on the womans pages because i like to get a view of the way that other females deal with as,

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 2:20 pm

<-- Gynotropic XY Male.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

javajunkie80

09 Aug 2008, 2:02 am

I am asexual too.

Yes I have a kid. Thought I'd give 'being normal' a go. Who knew back then that I'd eventually get an AS label so there was never any real chance of me being NT anyway!

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 10:00 pm

I put other because I am only sexually attracted to Dom's (male) or Domme (female).

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 4:40 pm

I'm pan sexual, which is pretty much an expanded form of bisexuality.

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 10:43 pm

I'm asexual. Men delight not me, nor women either. :wink:

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 2:57 pm

Dhp wrote:
I wonder what classifies as other? Either asexual or beastiallity? Maybe flowers?
Just kidding.

I thought I was asexual for quite a while because I did not have any interest in sex at all. That's different now.

1Oryx2
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2008, 11:11 pm

Although I am strait, I can't see myself being comfortable with having sex, does that make me asexual?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 2:51 am

I most likely responded to this thread earlier, but I'm going to do it again: I have settled into my identity as... A completely heterosexual woman. In my early to mid teenage years, I was greatly confused as to which gender attracted me more, and a few times I leaned a bit towards lesbianism. But in the long run, I've discovered and accepted that men make me happy. Instead of admiring or fantasizing about women, I tend to feel very jealous and competitive with them, especially in regards to things like appearance or drawing ability. And even though I am young, I would like to get married within the next couple of years. To a man. :)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 7:40 am

I fantasize about men a lot yet seem to find some women attractive in the same way I would be attracted to a guy but am perplexed by this since with those some women it goes beyond their looks.

I know I'm straight but there's a side of me that does tend to somewhat go beyond the gender spectrum. I don't consider myself pansexual since it isn't curiousity just attracton but I don't find myself being bisexual since I would have to be attracted to both sexes equally and I'm not.

Anyway, I find it strange to see women go back and forth with their sexuality as this question's been asked many times before. Yet men on the other hand seem to be either straight or gay whenever questions like these pop up.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 11:07 am

Women only? I wish that was made clear in the title :( I have a habit of reading backwards and I usually answer before reading the question ... pah :oops:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 4:38 pm

^Odd isn't it? This has been the most asked about question in the Women's Forum since I joined this site.

ValleyBridetoBe
Raven
Raven

19 Aug 2008, 9:34 pm

straight