Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 5:10 pm

garyww wrote:
Why was this a good idea to begin with? I forgot. It sounds horrible to contemplate.

It's a personal preference thing. Some like it, some don't. Can be more of a generation thing it seems.

MR_BOGAN wrote:
:? Yeah exactly.

Pubic hair down there is more of a turn on. What's the problem with it? :shrug:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Where else would it be? Sorry. I just found that sentance amusing. :lol:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 10:44 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
garyww wrote:
Why was this a good idea to begin with? I forgot. It sounds horrible to contemplate.

It's a personal preference thing. Some like it, some don't. Can be more of a generation thing it seems.

MR_BOGAN wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Where else would it be? Sorry. I just found that sentance amusing. :lol:

Armpit hair is also called pubic hair.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 11:39 am

hale_bopp wrote:

Wow, really?? I didn't know that.

You learn something new every day! :)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 2:06 pm

err..well pubic hair is from the pubic region. But I supose you could say post-puberty hair.

PlicketyCat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2009, 4:49 pm

If it's just a matter of trimming the bush so it doesn't take over the yard, then a beard trimmer works wonderfully to keep it manageable, maybe shaving the thigh area with a razor if the bush is actually escaping the yard :D

If your wife really wants all (or most) of the hair gone forever and ever, I'd recommend getting laser hair removal. My pubes have thinned out a lot since the first couple of treatments, and should be entirely gone after the 6th one. You can decide whether to get it all lased off back & front (extended brazillian), or just the bikini line and upper thigh area.

09 Jan 2009, 5:39 pm

I use shaving cream and a razor to shave down there. I find pubic hair disgusting so I shave it all off.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 5:50 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
garyww wrote:

I don't know. I've never shaved.

I don't understand the need to shave one's legs either.

mitharatowen wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Wow, really?? I didn't know that.

You learn something new every day! :)

Underarm hair and the facial hair of men are sometimes erroneously referred to as pubic hair because it appears at the time of puberty.

Underarm hair can also be referred to as axillary hair.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 1:18 am

Buy her a series of laser hair removal sessions. It costs about $700 and it will permanently reduce the hair.
Shaving only works well for blondes because the hair is thinner. Otherwise she'll wind up looking like a plucked chicken down there.
If she is blonde the laser won't remove the hair because it won't grab the pigment.

I used to give bikini waxes and I never understood why women would bother with that. You have to let the hair grow out for too long before you can wax it. Otherwise, the hair won't get pulled up from the root. Plus, hair grows in stages so you can wax some of it and then a week later new hair is growing. It's never really smooth and then there is a greater potential to get infections.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2011, 4:13 am

zghost wrote:
Shaving is bad. If you shave, it itches like crazy as soon it it tried to grow back, and feels like sandpaper. If she's going to go there, she'll have to shave probably at least every 3 days. And then, if you ever want to stop, you have to suffer though the itchy scratchy period.
Professional waxing is probably the best way to go. I've never had one, but it's supposed to not be too bad and last a couple weeks.
Or, there's always little hair removal machines, such as the epilady. She can just do it herself, same benefits as waxing (except it takes way longer and is therefore more painful.)
Also, hair removal creams, such as Nair. These work, but aren't made for that area and can sometimes cause a chemical burn which is not fun.

I'd say that waxing is the quickest, longest lasting one, the best option.

I agree with the "shaving is bad" part. I don't think she should get professionally waxed though. Nair is not a good idea either. I had a friend in high school who used it down there and it was very uncomfortable. I suggest she just trims it and keeps the hair short. I have been shaving down there for about 6 years or so and I am now regretting it. I get bumps and infected hairs down there. It is very uncomfortable. I tried growing it back before and it was very itchy. I think that people who shave down there make it look very childish. We are supposed to have hair down there. As long as it is kept clean and not like a jungle I think it would be fine with some hair. I mean does your wife make you shave your pubic hair?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 12:14 pm

You can buy hair removal cream specifically for the bkini area, I use it with no problems.

But I agree, why does she need to remove it? Are you willing to wax your pubic hair off?

Caribou
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Nov 2011, 8:11 pm

I used to shave most of the time. I used to think it wouldn't work well either, because at first it is very itchy.. so that's hard to get past and then the bumps you get with it aren't fun, and every time I'd think oh this is no good, so I'd never shave again. Until once again I'd try it and the same thing would happen. Finally one day I was playing some online game and somehow me and this girl got on the topic and she said that stuff isn't so bad if you just keep shaving. So eventually I finally did that and it wasn't itchy and although every now and then I'd get those little bumps, it wasn't near as bad as only shaving once.

Growing it out though makes it itchy, and I finally stopped shaving recently, it's now the opposite sometimes, the hair itself is what is itchy, the little hairs get into the fabric of your underwear and that itches. It's now not so bad though that I haven't shaved it in awhile and it's grown long enough to not be so pokey.

Waxing it may be good, I'm not sure.. I tried a little piece though before with a home waxer to see what it was like and the hair grew back black at first and that's why I never went that route. I was afraid it would stay black and I like my red hair.. it didn't though it's red now.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2012, 8:02 pm

psayles56 wrote:
zghost wrote:
Shaving is bad. If you shave, it itches like crazy as soon it it tried to grow back, and feels like sandpaper. If she's going to go there, she'll have to shave probably at least every 3 days. And then, if you ever want to stop, you have to suffer though the itchy scratchy period.
Professional waxing is probably the best way to go. I've never had one, but it's supposed to not be too bad and last a couple weeks.
Or, there's always little hair removal machines, such as the epilady. She can just do it herself, same benefits as waxing (except it takes way longer and is therefore more painful.)
Also, hair removal creams, such as Nair. These work, but aren't made for that area and can sometimes cause a chemical burn which is not fun.

I'd say that waxing is the quickest, longest lasting one, the best option.

I agree with the "shaving is bad" part. I don't think she should get professionally waxed though. Nair is not a good idea either. I had a friend in high school who used it down there and it was very uncomfortable. I suggest she just trims it and keeps the hair short. I have been shaving down there for about 6 years or so and I am now regretting it. I get bumps and infected hairs down there. It is very uncomfortable. I tried growing it back before and it was very itchy. I think that people who shave down there make it look very childish. We are supposed to have hair down there. As long as it is kept clean and not like a jungle I think it would be fine with some hair. I mean does your wife make you shave your pubic hair?

Okay. My opinion has some what changed. I don't like being itchy or whatever but I was growing my hair down there back and it makes you almost never feel clean. I just don't like the feeling childish part but I do like how it looks sexier and makes you feel cleaner than having hair there. I tried to trim it but it was just a mess. I think the best thing to do is shave it because waxing is painful and you don't want some stranger looking at your crotch. The only person I want looking at my crotch is my man or my gyn doctor.

tabby676

15 Jan 2012, 10:46 pm

I've shaved on and off since puberty, it is easy and fast for me, takes just a few moments in the tub every couple of days.

alwayswrong
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jan 2012, 1:07 pm

It should be a join activity -- skip the razors. Try products like Nair. If that aggravates her skin just accept that trimming the hedge is best. Having your help will be best. You can actually have "fun" helping each other reduce the floss.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 2:35 pm

psayles56 wrote:
I mean does your wife make you shave your pubic hair?

hurtloam wrote:
But I agree, why does she need to remove it? Are you willing to wax your pubic hair off?

I totally agree with the above points. The s**t most women put themselves through to impress people. :roll:

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 3:23 pm

I've shaved before but never tried anything else to get rid of hair down there. Sometimes I'd get ingrown hairs and they would get infected which was annoying.