Page 11 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 9:06 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6b_VGi0x8[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 10:39 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0kSuZFOwFE[/youtube]

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 12:33 am

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 1:55 am

LKL wrote:
They dont want aspies either.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 7:01 pm

mouthyb wrote:
Why don't many men seem to realize that competing for dominance with one another is a lose-lose proposition? Why not just chill the f**k out? I understand needing to assert your boundaries, but seeking out other men to feel better than is just.... weird.

?

That's a lot of assertions. Not all men are so concerned about dominance and competition. I, a woman, am concerned with competition to a certain degree. I'm starting a career in a competitive industry, so I can't afford to not be at least a little competitive. And why is that so wrong? How is it weird to enjoy a buy of friendly competition among your peers? It doesn't mean you have to destroy each other.

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2014, 5:05 am

MindBlind: You'll notice the modifier "many" before the noun "men." Not all men, many men--I've lived in four countries including the US, and spent time with groups of men who ranged from jocks to the uber nerdy, and the one consistent thing I've noticed is that when I am in a room which contains more than about ~40% men, at least two of those men start competing about something. Gaming, whose TV show is better, whose sports hero is better, who knows more about some subject, etc. Their competition will frequently draw in other men, and the whole thing gets... loud.... after a few drinks, causing me to need to flee the area.

It may be that some men do not compete. I do not understand why any men would. It is a lose-lose proposition to compete like that. Someone will feel... lesser.... after that kind of competition, and I don't understand why they would do that to their friends/acquaintances.

The purpose of the thread was to express what we will never understand about men. That is something I will never understand about men. It is also something I don't understand about women when it happens, but this thread is not about women.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for the other comments--"one of us" would be fine, but telling a woman she's a man is NOT "one of us". A "one of us" comment might be something like including someone in a conversation about some shared interest, or turning to them to ask them a question about shared expertise.

That's.... not.... what I'm getting. My gaming group is all male but me. They amuse themselves at intervals by talking about my ethereal peen and how my "female" responses don't count because I'm really a man. And so I throw it back at them: I ask if I should wear one of my cocks before we play poker or Pathfinder. I jiggle my tits at them and talk about scratching my balls--of the four gaming groups I've belonged to, these are the most benign group. A lot of the men I know, when they get together, can't seem to resist being kinda sh***y/giving people a hard time.

I'm fairly good at being rough back, although sometimes I just leave because I'm not in the mood.

In general, telling a woman she's a man because you like talking to her is not a compliment.

The feels are shipped in by train once a week--Friday, I'm in love.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 5:19 am

mouthyb wrote:
MindBlind: You'll notice the modifier "many" before the noun "men." Not all men, many men--I've lived in four countries including the US, and spent time with groups of men who ranged from jocks to the uber nerdy, and the one consistent thing I've noticed is that when I am in a room which contains more than about ~40% men, at least two of those men start competing about something. Gaming, whose TV show is better, whose sports hero is better, who knows more about some subject, etc. Their competition will frequently draw in other men, and the whole thing gets... loud.... after a few drinks, causing me to need to flee the area.

It may be that some men do not compete. I do not understand why any men would. It is a lose-lose proposition to compete like that. Someone will feel... lesser.... after that kind of competition, and I don't understand why they would do that to their friends/acquaintances.

The purpose of the thread was to express what we will never understand about men. That is something I will never understand about men. It is also something I don't understand about women when it happens, but this thread is not about women.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for the other comments--"one of us" would be fine, but telling a woman she's a man is NOT "one of us". A "one of us" comment might be something like including someone in a conversation about some shared interest, or turning to them to ask them a question about shared expertise.

That's.... not.... what I'm getting. My gaming group is all male but me. They amuse themselves at intervals by talking about my ethereal peen and how my "female" responses don't count because I'm really a man. And so I throw it back at them: I ask if I should wear one of my cocks before we play poker or Pathfinder. I jiggle my tits at them and talk about scratching my balls--of the four gaming groups I've belonged to, these are the most benign group. A lot of the men I know, when they get together, can't seem to resist being kinda sh***y/giving people a hard time.

I'm fairly good at being rough back, although sometimes I just leave because I'm not in the mood.

In general, telling a woman she's a man because you like talking to her is not a compliment.
Its male nature for males to compete with eachother and strive to try and be the best in order to win his mate in hopes of passing on the top notch genes etc. Females usually want a male who is the best at something so her offspring can be successful.

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2014, 5:27 am

There are different kinds of competition--competing to be the best at something (best chess player, best gamer, best runner, best painter, etc) and this sort of free-ranging, loud, pointless competition. I don't mind people who want to do their best.

I do mind being stuck at a table by a group of men whose volume has escalated to the point where I have my fingers in my ears, who are arguing whether or not Einstein's search for a unified field theory was a worthwhile use of his time (for instance). Especially when they start bellowing at one another across the table.

They're competing against each other not to pursue personal excellence, but essentially to see who yells the loudest about something sufficiently nerdy.

I don't see the point, and there's apparently some sort of obscure point system which tracks these sorts of things, because someone loses and feels bad. They're all friends. Why behave this way?

The feels are shipped in by train once a week--Friday, I'm in love.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 5:48 am

mouthyb wrote:

Well in my experience, competitiveness is just something a lot of people do regardless of gender. I don't know why it's so associated with dudes because most women I know are highly competitive (and sometimes very cruel about it). I guess I'm one of those people you described, but I never do it to bring someone down. If I'm arguing with someone about, say, why such and such a movie is better or I try to kick someone's ass in a video game (oftentimes my ass gets kicked though, haha) there's no malice in it - it's just fun. No need to bring a person's ego into it. I know some guys are as*holes about winning, but most dudes aren't that petty.

I know this isn't about women, but I feel a lot of these complaints aren't really men's traits - just stereotypes.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 2:00 am

Why do men like stupid, immature humor, like making their video game usernames something relating to bodily fluids or male anatomy?

Also, this one is a bit awkward, but why do men that I date like feeling my ribs? I've had this happen several times, but I don't understand it. It feels weird too. Do all guys do this or just the ones I've dated?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 4:33 am

Einfari wrote:
Why do men like stupid, immature humor, like making their video game usernames something relating to bodily fluids or male anatomy?

Yeah, what's up with that? Some even kid about naming their children such things. How come so many men don't seem to grow out of that?
And why do they find it fun to give names like "Scumbag" and "Hitler" to their pets?

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 6:07 pm

Why they have such a fascination with first person shooter games.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 7:50 pm

Einfari wrote:

I don't know why, but this one is actually pretty universal, and we don't grow out of it either. I work in a butcher shop where my coworkers range in age from 19 to 62, and it's non-stop dick jokes all day every day, it's pretty inevitable when you're making sausages. It doesn't help that the largest maker of commercial sausage stuffers is the F Dick company, so in addition to looking phallic in the first place and producing a phallic looking product that is itself a slang term for male genitals, the device actually has the word DICK printed on it in huge block letters:
And did they have to taper the top like that? Why not just make the base more bulbous and complete the image.
So, when we're stuffing, it's always who's got the biggest Dick, who's Dick is crusty and needs servicing, which Dick needs to be lubed up, etc, and then the 62 year old shop owner will walk in and imediately start commenting about everyone having their Dicks out... I'll admit, I'm giggling a little even writing about this stuff. :lol:

- Rick Sanchez

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 8:23 pm

"Any time you cook for us, we're happy".
Only if it's in a domestic household kitchen, it seems. If we're chefs in the kitchen of a high-quality restaurant kitchen, watch out because we're clueless. :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 10:03 am

I've never met a man (or a woman) who named his/her pet Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, whatever.

You're just not running into to the "right kind" of man.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 10:11 am

Hitler the hamster. :lol: