Im 18, is it abnormal even for an Aspie girl to..??????

Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

KathySilverstein
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2011, 1:50 am

Why not? Age is highly subjective, anyway. I still like playing with some things that I did as a kid. I get very nostalgic. I don't really have a taste in decorating, prefering to keep things plain with just a few peace symbol related knick knacks to give the room some sense of personality, but I feel that whatever you want to decorate your room with, you should! don't let society's idea of age dictate what you can enjoy.

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Sep 2011, 3:33 am

I actually read an article online recently about how a lot of women in their 20s are into the younger stuff like this now and that it's kind of popular. I think they used Zoey Deschanel as an example. I don't really care much about what's generally popular but I thought that it was interesting. I like some of that stuff too.

twich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2011, 7:26 am

I'm 26 and I collect and play with toy cars, lego, GI JOES, spidermand stuff, tigger stuff, I have a Bob the Builder blanket, I sleep with stuffed animals, etc. Like what you like, don't worry if it's "normal" because what is normal anyway? Who decides this?

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Sep 2011, 11:29 am

Nothing wrong with fun stuff. I'm 43, and as l look around my living room, I'm surrounded by cast metal soldiers from Italy, dragons of all varieties, fairies, and unicorns. Some mine, some my husband's-- we're not yet sure what to call his flavor of "special"; he's considering getting evaluated. Oh, and since it's getting to be the season-- ghosts, bats, pumpkins, spiders, scary trees, and skulls. And I'm drinking my coffee from a jack-o-lantern mug. I also have a 65 year old male co-worker (who definetley has some aspie traits)who commented during one of our conversations that his granddaughters think that it's hilarious that he sleeps with stuffed animals. We agreed that it's just too sad to contemplate getting rid of them...

Edit: the stuffed animals, not the granddaughters

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2011, 6:36 am

I'm 46 and I am very attracted to these things too - and I love stationary - and I love games :D

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2011, 6:45 am

Ai_Ling wrote:
Id say a little unusual. Anyways Im asian and I notice that in asian pop culture, the girls tend to like very girly, cutesy, childlike things such as Hello Kitty even as adults. I was surprised when I was really looked into it, it seemed so childish from an American perspective.

Im not sure what kind music u like, heres a very popular kpop song but from an American perspective is probably very childish.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbwL8kSpEk[/youtube]

I think liking very cutesy, childish, girly stuff as an adult female is a bit more unusual in American culture.

I loved that - smiled all the way through it.

Are all Asian girls beautiful? Don't think I've ever seen an ugly one!! Always seem to have great hair and beautiful eyes. Wish I could have that kind of look.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 10:17 am

Madam, in an era of 20-something year old men who like my little pony the last thing you should fear is feeling too girly. And if anyone doesn't like it then stick it to them.

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2011, 9:58 pm

Is it true that everyone with Aspergers is a late-bloomer? Because I feel its the reason why I am...I still like some young girl things!

AspieGirlMum
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Sep 2011, 5:43 am

I'm 31 and I still watch Saturday Disney even though my 11 year old daughter doesn't.

I also collect Cabbage Patch Kids. I'm sitting here now with one of my CPK girls on my lap. She's been changed into her PJs for the night. I have them all over my room, I have a CPK lunchbox and backpack that I take to school with me (I'm a teacher). I even take a CPK to school with me some days and seat them at one of the empty chairs at the desks.

Really I am very lucky to be teaching in a special school, and most of the staff think I'm quirky.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2011, 11:40 am

StylishBlossom wrote:
Still like girly stuff like fairies, Disney, Betty Boop, jewellery with quirky stuff like flowers and strawberries and smiley faces etc, bascially really girly stuff like that?

Because I have a feeling I would still want to like all these stuff in the years to come, because even by normal standards, you should have moved to dressing in mature clothes and wearing elegant jewellery, (which i also like, btw, but i just find myself more drawn to the girly, quirky stuff more).

is it normal or abnormal for an Aspie?

:D no! We should be like best friends lol. I love fairies, my little pony: friendship is magic, strawberry shortcake, sailor moon, tinkerbell, disney princesses, etc.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:32 pm

I still like Disney.
I still dress up like a 14 year old girl (jeans, Converse, shirts).
I still have no idea how to apply make up or to dress up.
I still don't know how to walk in stilettos.

I'm 30.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2011, 4:35 pm

deconstruction wrote:
I still like Disney.
I still dress up like a 14 year old girl (jeans, Converse, shirts).
I still have no idea how to apply make up or to dress up.
I still don't know how to walk in stilettos.

I'm 30.

The only one that applies to me is that I like Disney.

I am 20.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 5:53 pm

I'm 33. I have 3 kids. I have a husband and in-laws and a boatload of responsibilities. I have a driver's license and a debit card and a budget. I change oil and wash dishes and fix broken things and cook meals. I have, in short, a pretty normal life.

I still wear pigtails. With ribbons on them. I have an entire basket full of beaded hair ties and silky ribbons.

I keep dolls on my bed.

I read children's books-- and not just to my kids. I have an entire shelf of things I "think my 10-year-old might be interested in."

I watch "The Secret of NIMH" once a month. I sing "Flying Dreams" all the time.

I'm more into "Naruto" than my 10-year-old. My NT hubby is more into it than either of us.

I haven't given up Dungeons and Dragons-- just temporarily run out of time to play.

I still have all my old Magic: The Gathering cards.

I skip.

I play hopscotch.

I jump in puddles. I have a special pair of old sneakers just for doing it when it's too cold to go barefoot.

I laughed for joy when they resurrected "Thundercats."

I own three Care Bears t-shirts. And one with GI Joe.

I braid friendship bracelets.

I have imaginary friends.

I still collect Beanie Babies.

I play with MegaBlocks. Not even Legos-- MegaBlocks. The really big ones. Not just with my little ones.

I bought my kids a Thomas the Tank Engine train set-- with a table and everything-- when I saw one at the thrift store because I'd always, always, always wanted one as a kid. I have more fun playing with it than they do.

My husband was really embarrassed when he totaled his car. Because we replaced it with a minivan, and now he has to drive my old car. Which is covered in fairies and New Age bumper stickers.

I have more fun at the Children's Museum than my kids do. I have a picture of myself standing on top of a giant wooden castle wearing a princess costume and holding a magic wand. It was taken last summer. My oldest was hiding in the science exhibit next door, pretending not to know me.

I LOVE going to McDonald's PlayPlace.

I LIVE for snow ice cream and snowball fights.

I am, like, totally embarrassing at the park. Swings. Slides. Climbing walls.

On a more "normative" note, I notice Hot Topic stores are popping up all over the place. They can't make all that money catering to tweens and Aspies.

My dad was the same way. Teenagers laughed at him. Children-- and the exasperated parents of children-- thought he was the right hand of God. He was particularly gifted with special-needs kids. He was happy. I miss him.

Teredia
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 10:10 am

Ai_Ling wrote:
Id say a little unusual. Anyways Im asian and I notice that in asian pop culture, the girls tend to like very girly, cutesy, childlike things such as Hello Kitty even as adults. I was surprised when I was really looked into it, it seemed so childish from an American perspective.

Im not sure what kind music u like, heres a very popular kpop song but from an American perspective is probably very childish.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbwL8kSpEk[/youtube]

I think liking very cutesy, childish, girly stuff as an adult female is a bit more unusual in American culture.

Thank you, now you have me searching for this group, n downloading their music. xD