So, I don't collect toy dinosaurs or stamps...

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2012, 11:08 am

The only thing I've ever collected was Baby Bratz. If I could, I'd collect glass bottles, and wooden boxes. I've got five glass bottles but something is driving me to want more.

My things I obsessed over have been Alvin And The Chipmunks, Homestuck, Gravity Falls, Tales of Symphonia, and Chao.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 2:58 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
emimeni wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I have four drawers in my kitchen full of different styles of tea. I keep trying to cut myself off, but had to get some spicier tea now that fall is setting in. I have oolong, black, pu-ehr, herbal, green, mate, you name it. :D

If you don't mind me asking, why would you cut yourself off from tea? It isn't like there's a lot of caffeine in it.

Not completely. I just need to drink more, and acquire less for a while. :)

Oh, I get it. Silly me. :wink: :roll:

AlphaSister
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Oct 2012, 4:27 pm

When I was young I collected makeup (I had yellow mascara for Pete's sake!) and Adam Ant buttons. I kept the makeup for a good 20 years until a friend told me of all the infections I could get from it. I still have those Adam Ant buttons though!

In my early teens I developed a fascination with pigs that my family latched on to like crazy and I still get pig themed gifts!

In my late 20s I collected Beanie Babies but then I was working in a gift shop that sold collectibles and I think the whole culture just wore off on me and salt & pepper shakers even though I didn't use either. This also followed a period where I moved at least twice a year and I also think I responded to the security of a steady home by amassing a lot of stuff. My first move after 6 years of stability and the pain in the a** that was packing all that junk cured me of that habit and now I go on ocassional purges where all kind of stuff gets donated or tossed out and I find it very freeing.

Katz2
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Oct 2012, 9:11 pm

As far as monologue topics usually science based stuff (biology/chemistry orientated), autism related stuff, health/physiology related stuff (human, animal or plant), or anything that is of interest to me at the time. At the moment it might be the local council and their ineptitude. Actually, there are a scary number of things that might trigger a lecture. I realise that people are often not interested but I sometimes don't care because it seems so important that they know anyway lol!

Interests lead to collections. In chronological order:
Horses - too expensive to collect a lot of live ones so I used to just chuck out the other animals in my farm sets. Eventually I moved on to expensive china ones and a few real ones.
Candles - thankfully I was still young and my parents were able to limit the numbers although I still find it hard to walk away from a nice candle.
Chooks - things with pictures of chooks, real chooks (I have 4), this has endured my whole life.
Cats - I found my feline soul mate at age 20 and discovered the delights of these creatures.
Christmas lights and decorations (I have a whole secret storage shed full - never used)
Plants - the type varies with each renewal of this interest.

On the whole I am ashamed of the magnitude of stuff I have collected and try to limit aquiring more because once I have brought it home getting rid of it is soul destroying. I am slowly culling my collections though.

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 6:53 am

I collect books, art stuff (like beads), small toy objects and anything and everything related to Studio Ghibli