Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 4:42 pm

fragment wrote:
Thanks, Hyperlexian - the link you included worked, and it turns out that a search for the user names of the people who PM'd me turned up posts indicating that these people have spammed others. I should have just done a search before posting anything.... :oops:

Hyperlexian wrote:

Quote:
we can't allow people to block PMs because moderators need to contact members via PM too.

I figured this might be the case, and I understand the need for moderators to be able to PM people. If there were a filter or some such way to block everybody except moderators, I would use it. I am sorry if this has been discussed before elsewhere. I will start making better use of the search feature.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

not at all!! ! i appreciate you brought it up as it is an ongoing issue that is worth discussing. we don't want to lose you!! !

wyldragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2011, 9:40 am

I guess I'm lucky this hasn't happened to me. Sorry everyone else has had to deal with it.

Tetra
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Nov 2011, 2:29 pm

I just get spam. The only PMs I have had have been spam.
I think spam people just sign up straight away again as peace48 never seems to go.
Sometimes I think they may be from a member but it is best to play safe if unsure and delete messages.
I feel sorry to know people have been upset by some messages they have recieved.

-Skeksis-
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2011, 1:23 pm

I've received spam PMs trying to sell me a mail-order bride, but nothing creepy asking personal questions. I'd just ignore them like any other kind of spam and move on.