Page 4 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 2:33 am

Fnord wrote:
What men wish women would understand.

Wow that list really highlights how "non-feminine" I am...most of it I agree with, as in, I take the man's viewpoint.

Got a few questions/comments though:

Quote:
We crave hugs and hand-holding too. And no, it doesn't always have to lead to sex ... but if it does, so much the better!

That still makes it feel like he's "hoping for it", "thinking about it", or something along those lines, i.e. you haven't said that hugging and hand-holding can be just that, which it can for females.

Quote:
I just may lie to make you feel good. Don't be angry about this. You really weren't looking for the truth anyway.

Yes, yes I was. Please don't lie.

Quote:
You're really bad at faking it. Seriously, we can tell. But don't stop faking it. We like that too!

Really, the majority of men like it when a woman fakes it?? Sorry but it ain't happening.

Quote:
"I'm sorry" means "I'm sorry"; it does NOT mean, "Guilty on all counts, your honor", especially when we don't even know what we're saying "I'm sorry" for.

How can you be sorry if you don't know what for?

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 2:36 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Wow that list really highlights how "non-feminine" I am...most of it I agree with, as in, I take the man's viewpoint.

Me too. I was sitting there thinking: huh this list sounds like what men do to me... although other women do it to me more. :lol:\

I just may lie to make you feel good. Don't be angry about this. You really weren't looking for the truth anyway.

Except I don't do this one, fail at this one every time and people always get pissed off at me for telling the truth. Even men. Especially men. :lol:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 4:07 am

former_hermit wrote:
EmberEyes wrote:
former_hermit wrote:
Would have been nice if you avoided a sexualized term such as 'spanked' to make your statement, given the context.

I thought spank was how people diciplined kids in the dark ages (pre-1960) and still do in uncivilized countries.

That is one way spanking is used. It is also used in a sexual connotation, particularly when between two adults.

Also but not exclusively.
If I poke my friends to get their attention, am I making a sexual gesture?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 8:14 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Why they like boobs so much

For the same reason women like men's chests.

So they like to stroke their partners chest hair, as I do? Wouldnt have thought of that. ^^

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 1:58 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I"ve caught myself in a sliding door more than once...not fun. :x

OK, I know this is off-topic, but I just have to know - how does that happen? I've honestly been trying to figure this out for the last 5 minutes and I just can't picture it! I mean, did you close the door while facing it and standing really close to it? Or do you mean you were walking up to some automated doors just as they closed and the sensors failed to detect you approaching? 8O

Oh, and I suspect Fnord's list is more applicable to NT women. So far no aspie woman in this thread has said she doesn't understand anything about men other than physical gender differences.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 3:24 pm

FMX wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I"ve caught myself in a sliding door more than once...not fun. :x

OK, I know this is off-topic, but I just have to know - how does that happen? I've honestly been trying to figure this out for the last 5 minutes and I just can't picture it! I mean, did you close the door while facing it and standing really close to it? Or do you mean you were walking up to some automated doors just as they closed and the sensors failed to detect you approaching? 8O.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Picture a display case with heavy glass sliding doors. There's a lot of leaning forward, and I'm usually distracted.

whiterabbit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jul 2013, 7:36 pm

Fnord wrote:

It also shows quite a few things that men don't understand...

Quote:
Shopping is a chore, not an activity; so just buy something already!

Good way to say to my husband "it's enough shopping around!"

Quote:
The fact that I like to hang out with the guys and do stupid stuff is your one best indicator that I am mentally and emotionally healthy.

It's not about YOU doing stupid stuff, but me being excluded from it (luckily, I'm not)

Quote:
No, your cat is just like everyone else's cat.

My husband thinks our cat is special, let him to

Quote:
Just because I hang out with your best friend's husband does not mean that I know what he thinks of her; and even if I did, I wouldn't admit it.

Don't assume that my best friend has a husband. Or it's a "she". Or that I care what a third party thinks of my friend.

Quote:
Don't be afraid to ditch the makeup. Natural is sexier.

Don't assume I wear makeup for YOU (and don't assume this statement means "for another man").

Quote:

Don't decide for me what I was looking for. You're not a mind reader. If I ask for your opinion, it means I want it.

Quote:
If I offer my help while you're getting ready, it means we're already late.

Another thing to tell to my husband.

Quote:
Never ask our opinions about some other woman's appearance. You will always assume that we're lying if we say she's nothing special, and assume that we want to get in bed with her if we say she's pretty. Either way, an argument is about to start.

Again, don't be a mind reader and a future teller. If I ask for your opinion, I want to hear it, not lies. Otherwise, I will not bother. No, I will not think you're lying if you don't have a pattern of it. No, I don't think just calling that women pretty leads to sex with her. Don't play a macho.

Quote:
When choosing what to wear on a date with us, err on the side of "hot", not "cute".

It depends on the "us" and how many.

Quote:
Being good in bed means you should have a) enthusiasm; b) a sense of humor; and sometimes c) patience.

Something like "Your dick is funny but I'll wait".

Quote:
Yes, I laugh really loud around the guys. And I always will, so deal.

Can I?

Quote:
Sure, men stereotypically like to solve a woman's problems. But you seem to have so many...

What's "woman's" problems?

Quote:
Do not expect to have a conversation via the Internet message unless you use the words "lonely", "naked" and "waiting".

I thought the virtual part should stop right there, not start.

Quote:
Anytime you cook for us, we're happy.

Every time YOU cook, it's awesome. What did you say about liking to solve women's problems?

Quote:
No, I don't remember what he said next. Or she. Or anybody, for that matter. I'm a guy, not a tape recorder.

It's all right. I can tell you myself, got eidetic memory. But are you really interested in this mostly verbal garbage?

Quote:
Don't rely on us for keeping you up on gossip.

Don't assume I like gossip.

Quote:
Never assume to know us better than we know ourselves.

Mutually.

Last edited by whiterabbit on 24 Jul 2013, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 7:48 pm

I just have some questions.

Is it easier to pee standing up or sitting down? What's it like to sit on a nut? When you walk, do you even feel worried that you'll crush your balls by accident with your legs getting too close together? I dunno, I've always been curious - I've never had these problems.

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 3:36 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Fnord wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Fnord wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Why they like boobs so much
Because they're there.
Yes, and usually in the way. :?
And the men shout out, "YEAH!" But did you mean physically, socially, or both?
Both to a certain extent, but I was referring to physically. I"ve caught myself in a sliding door more than once...not fun. :x

At least you've never had the toilet lid slam down on them.

true dat :lol:[/quote

Oh god! -.-

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 5:11 pm

Why it turns them on to suck on nipples so much.

Why they like to eat me out.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 8:59 pm

Fnord wrote:
What women wish men would understand.

If you're truly interested, don't play hard to get; SAY SOMETHING or regret forever that you didn't.

If we don't say something, it's not because we're 'playing hard to get,' but because society and fashion magazines have convinced us that we're too fat, too old, to pale, too dark, too flat, too busty, etc etc etc to ever deserve love from anyone. If a guy isn't overtly interested, we assume that he's turned off by one of the above.

Quote:
Shopping is a chore, not an activity; so just buy something already!

'Just buying something' doesn't always solve the problem.

Quote:
When I screw up, go ahead and tell me ... ONCE. More than that is called "nagging".

As a previous poster noted, we'll stop telling you to do something once you actually do it.

Quote:
If an argument was important enough to start, then it is important enough to finish - when the argument is over, it is OVER. Don't keep it dragging on for days ... or years ...

Sometimes the argument isn't about what the verbal topic is. If something is being brought up over and over, it's probably about what she sees as a character flaw exemplified by the verbal topic (which she might not even grok in her own mind).

Quote:
Don't be afraid to ditch the makeup. Natural is sexier.

That's what you say, but that's not what we see when we watch you; the women who turn your heads are the miniskirt, high-heels, coiffured, makeuped prima donnas who clearly spend hours a day trying to make themselves attractive to you.
Quote:
We crave hugs and hand-holding too. And no, it doesn't always have to lead to sex ... but if it does, so much the better!

Somebody already addressed this. If the guy has a hard-on, the hug isn't restful and comforting.

Quote:

BS. A man doesn't know me better than I know myself, and the fact that man of them think they do is one of the most annoying things about men.
Quote:
When you get angry over some stupid little pointless thing, I question your intelligence ... and sometimes even your sanity.

The fact that men assume that a woman is crazy whenever they do not understand a situation is another one of the things that make us think that we might be better off without them.

Quote:
A random unexpected grope from you is always welcome, even in public. Especially in public.

But only if a man finds us attractive, and thinks that other men will find us attractive as well.

Quote:
"I'm sorry" means "I'm sorry"; it does NOT mean, "Guilty on all counts, your honor", especially when we don't even know what we're saying "I'm sorry" for.

If you don't know why you're saying sorry, then you're not really sorry.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 9:42 pm

Not every guy does this I'm sure, but every guy I've ever dated or even gone somewhere with has done this. It's also always done to other girls I know. It's just like it's a thing. Why is it a problem for the girl to drive the car when you go out on a date, or even just ride to the store, even when it's her car? I once had a car that I didn't let a lot of people drive and it hurt some boys feelings about that. I've seen guys refuse to ride shotgun with a girl driving. I don't get that. Why? Is it based on the old cliché about "women drivers"?

Another thing I want to know and I know as well that not all men do this, and hopefully not as many as throw a fit about driving the car, but what's the deal with peeing outside? Why will a guy walk 20 feet into the woods to pee when he could walk 20 feet in the other direction to the portapotty, or bathrooms that are built at the campsite, or even his own RV? I've seen guys pull over less than 5 miles from a store and pee on the side of the road. I understand if you really have to go. I've done it on long country roads before when I was young and there was no other choice. But I didn't just stand beside the car and turn the other direction, I walks off a little. Taken to the extreme in this situation, I know a guy who has a house with three bathrooms in it (no, not my husband even though we do) and when he's in his livingroom closer to his hall bathroom than his front door, he walks outside and pees off the porch. He lives far back off the road, nobody sees him. What thrill do guys get from peeing outside? I find it very inconvenient and anxiety producing because of bugs.

Again, before I'm read the riot act, my disclaimer here. I know this isn't all guys. It just happens to be most of the guys I know and have known in my life. And I didn't always live out here in BFE, so it's not that.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

25 Jul 2013, 9:55 pm

I'm sure there are certain things that will make women go like this: "*sigh* Men."

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 3:27 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Not every guy does this I'm sure, but every guy I've ever dated or even gone somewhere with has done this. It's also always done to other girls I know. It's just like it's a thing. Why is it a problem for the girl to drive the car when you go out on a date, or even just ride to the store, even when it's her car? I once had a car that I didn't let a lot of people drive and it hurt some boys feelings about that. I've seen guys refuse to ride shotgun with a girl driving. I don't get that. Why? Is it based on the old cliché about "women drivers"?

Another thing I want to know and I know as well that not all men do this, and hopefully not as many as throw a fit about driving the car, but what's the deal with peeing outside? Why will a guy walk 20 feet into the woods to pee when he could walk 20 feet in the other direction to the portapotty, or bathrooms that are built at the campsite, or even his own RV? I've seen guys pull over less than 5 miles from a store and pee on the side of the road. I understand if you really have to go. I've done it on long country roads before when I was young and there was no other choice. But I didn't just stand beside the car and turn the other direction, I walks off a little. Taken to the extreme in this situation, I know a guy who has a house with three bathrooms in it (no, not my husband even though we do) and when he's in his livingroom closer to his hall bathroom than his front door, he walks outside and pees off the porch. He lives far back off the road, nobody sees him. What thrill do guys get from peeing outside? I find it very inconvenient and anxiety producing because of bugs.

Again, before I'm read the riot act, my disclaimer here. I know this isn't all guys. It just happens to be most of the guys I know and have known in my life. And I didn't always live out here in BFE, so it's not that.

I've seen guys pee off their back pads in an apartment complex. I don't get that either.

Another thing I don't get: some guys, not all, seem to take pride in being oafish, childish, uneducated, uncivilized, and/or just plain out of their own control.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 5:42 pm

Shatbat wrote:
CaroleTucson wrote:
I'll never understand how you can, you know, run around, doing sports or whatever, and not get something smooshed between your legs.

And it boggles my mind how can you gals move around without hitting something with your chest :lol: But apparently both genders make do~

Actually, my boobs do cause me issues with stuff like that (even when I'm wearing a sports bra). Bad enough when it's on your chest - can't imagine what it's like between your legs. Must get pretty annoying (especially if your underwear gets bunched up or you accidentally sit on a testicle).

f**k, I miss having no boobs. That was great back then...

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 6:49 pm

MindBlind wrote:
Actually, my boobs do cause me issues with stuff like that (even when I'm wearing a sports bra). Bad enough when it's on your chest - can't imagine what it's like between your legs. Must get pretty annoying (especially if your underwear gets bunched up or you accidentally sit on a testicle).

f**k, I miss having no boobs. That was great back then...

I was reminded of this very thread yesterday when playing football (soccer?) as a goalkeeper, I got hit by the ball in a very unfortunate place and the pain was difficult to shrug off. I understand your concerns, and that's why I personally don't wear boxers and prefer boxer briefs, they keep things in place pretty nicely and I don't have to worry about them. I personally think boobs would be more cumbersome.

This looks like a "I have it worse" situation, only in reverse :lol: