I hope that this isn't too controversial...?

Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 3:48 pm

I think to some extent depending on the person. I've read stories on here about aspie females being anorexic a lot, I dont really understand that, never been anorexic. With all the hype around weight and loosing weight, I find it makes people that are even on the skinnier side subconscious about there weight. For me, I dont care too much about apperance otherwise, and I choose comfort over style and I dont wear makeup too often.

phsocial
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Mar 2013, 10:41 pm

I have been also very low maintenance, but I do use make up daily.

starrynightmare
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Mar 2013, 10:46 pm

I couldn't care less about what others think of my appearance besides being healthy. I only wear makeup for special occasions, just to cover up any residual acne or whatever. As far as my figure I happen to have a normal, healthy figure that I am satisfied with (though this may be in part due to my vegetarianism for other reasons). I do admit I believe I look fairly "beautiful" when it comes to media portrayal of beauty, though I downplay it with the lack of makeup.

Why don't I wear makeup? Why don't guys wear makeup? :roll:

Deioness
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Mar 2013, 11:30 pm

I dress and wear makeup for myself... As far as weight, I think most Americans eat too much.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

31 Mar 2013, 11:42 pm

I think aspies in general tend to be skinnier than average (not all, but on average). Therefore, it's probably easier for both aspie women and men to keep a good figure than it is for most NT's.

InnaLucia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Apr 2013, 5:42 pm

I like to be curvy so I put a lot of effort into eating enough and putting on weight. I also like to wear clothes that I feel good in, as long as they're comfortable. I don't wear makeup, or heels very often, and I don't spend much time on my hair.

MusicalWonders
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2013, 2:58 am

I've been trying to get in shape recently because I want to be healthy but I've felt helpless in the past and have seen trying to look good to be a futile waste of time.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 3:27 pm

I don't wear makeup that often and I dress nice when I feel like it which can fluctuate. Sometimes I go in and out of dressing like crap and dressing fashionable. Unlike NTs, I don't mind leaving the house looking like crap. I do concern about my figure, and want to stay fit. That has affected me as much as anyone else, as a society we have a huge weight obsession. Everywhere theres stuff about loosing weight, dieting and staying fit.

velocirapture
Raven
Raven

05 May 2013, 8:13 pm

I do not like to be overweight. There are many reasons, and what others may think is only one of them. Does that help answer your question?

revolutionarygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2013, 7:09 pm

I like to think that others don't affect me when it comes to my appearance, but if someone puts me down about it, it really hurts.