Page 4 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 7:16 pm

yeah like a cow. well biology is destiny they say.

i think it's partly why i refused to breed, trying to defy biology.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 9:54 am

I'm aware that if you have a history of breast cancer in your family, you can obtain a double mastectomy for preventative reasons. But if you were not undergoing reassignment, would it be possible to find a doctor who would agree to do it on 'cosmetic' grounds? Or if you said, "I hate having breasts - please take them away," would you just get a refusal (and probable psychiatric treatment)?

I don't wish to transition, but I've thought for a long time I'd happily be free of breasts/uterus/etc. They just place me too strongly under 'female' gender, and I have no use for them. :(

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 3:58 pm

Postperson wrote:
yeah like a cow. well biology is destiny they say.

i think it's partly why i refused to breed, trying to defy biology.

I totally understand...I feel like that too..

I recoil at the idea of being a fertile female, for some reason. I feel disempowered by it. I'm actually trying to lose much of my body fat to the point that I won't ovulate. With my hyper-fast metabolism, it isn't hard to do.

Quote:
Or if you said, "I hate having breasts - please take them away," would you just get a refusal (and probable psychiatric treatment)?

Sadly, you probably would. Personally I think it's quite reasonable to get them removed because you have no use for them or because you would prefer to be more androgynous. But neurotypical society is so rampantly against difference....they would just class you as having a psychological issue and refuse to do it.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 5:37 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
I recoil at the idea of being a fertile female, for some reason. I feel disempowered by it. I'm actually trying to lose much of my body fat to the point that I won't ovulate. With my hyper-fast metabolism, it isn't hard to do.

I inadvertently did this once, and menstrual cycle indeed ceased. I always imagined one would have to lose vast amounts of weight for such a thing to happen, but I only dropped a fraction below 8 1/2 stone. That weight is my own 'tipping point'; if I drop below it, I will stop, and when I rise above it, I will start again.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 5:44 pm

Hovis wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:

I inadvertently did this once, and menstrual cycle indeed ceased. I always imagined one would have to lose vast amounts of weight for such a thing to happen, but I only dropped a fraction below 8 1/2 stone. That weight is my own 'tipping point'; if I drop below it, I will stop, and when I rise above it, I will start again.

I do this very easily. I menstruated like 3/4 times last year due to staying just that bit too lean.

Yay for my high adrenaline level and low weight.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 2:01 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
Hovis wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:

I do this very easily. I menstruated like 3/4 times last year due to staying just that bit too lean.

Wow. In my younger days, I was anorexic. I did stop menstruating. Unfortunately, my body reacted against me by filling up with water and becoming totally bloated! (This happens to some people when they fast). I´m usually naturally quite lean, but I suddenly looked voluptuous! I got unwanted attention by drippy men. Never again....

Oddly enough, when I started eating more normally, the water dropped off, making me look more thin (and my period returned)...strange...I actually lose weight when I eat more... :shrug:

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 2:05 pm

If you have the money or really good insurance: First, get tested for the breast cancer gene.
If you have it, get a double mastectomy and have smaller silicon ones put in. The saline make noise and the silicone have been improved and are safer now. If you don't have the gene, you can still have a breast reduction...or just dedicate yourself to something else and learn to accept your biology.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 4:24 pm

They were neat for a year but now I want them off. :(
I taped them down when I dressed up as a boy recently and just left them like that for 2 days because it was so much nicer, I honestly forgot completely about them, LOL. But I got zits from that. Ew. Now they're even grosser. OTL

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 3:14 pm

Morgana wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
Hovis wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:

Wow. In my younger days, I was anorexic. I did stop menstruating. Unfortunately, my body reacted against me by filling up with water and becoming totally bloated! (This happens to some people when they fast). I´m usually naturally quite lean, but I suddenly looked voluptuous! I got unwanted attention by drippy men. Never again....

Oddly enough, when I started eating more normally, the water dropped off, making me look more thin (and my period returned)...strange...I actually lose weight when I eat more... :shrug:

That would be because your body gets the message that it is deprived and should store whatever it can.

Instead of not eating, if you want to lose weight, you should eat plenty, but lean foods, and do lots of heavy exercise.

Does anyone feel extreme disgust at being female sometimes?

Sometimes during the PMS phase I go into a huge fit of rage and disgust, and I want to hack off my breasts or external genitalia, anything to obliterate my femaleness...to assert my control over my own body...Sometimes if I'm in a really messed up mood I come close to actually doing this.

obnoxiously-me
Raven
Raven

09 May 2009, 7:54 am

I have been looking at binders, so that my breasts wouldn't be visible. They are expensive. Now I use sports bra's, and have lost some weight, so they get really flat.

I love boobs, though, just not my own.

ZUNISUN
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 May 2009, 7:56 pm

They are certainly the first things guys notice about me.....................not always a good thing.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 12:31 am

Anemone wrote:
I was supremely jealous when I read a list of tips for becoming a drag queen: apparently men can tuck their testes inside their body (and then you tuck your penis between your legs and use a dance strap to hold it in place). I wish we could tuck our breasts inside our body when we weren't using them. Or that we only had them when we were pregnant/nursing, like other great apes. I'm barrel chested, so my breasts hang off to the sides, looking larger than they are. They look ridiculous.

It wouldn't be so bad if society didn't make such a big deal of them. Then I could just ignore them. :P

Umm... yeah guys can do that... I have... quite painful, not worth the effort. I also only did it out of curiousity. I am bi, and I never really liked big breasts. Being MTF, I have to say, I will need bigger breasts than I want in order to look proportioned normal. And by want, I mean my breast size now, due to being overweight, would be perfect for me mentally, if they only were shaped right.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 11:59 am

Oh yes ladies, they're a pain. I'm not a large girl but I want to cut them off. I tend to hide them as much as possible. I've had many many meltdowns from the sensory imput from bras, which rub and chafe and pinch. And it's so hard to get the right size!
And who the * thinks that breasts are meant to be perky? I hate them I don't want em :cry:

Zerostanzi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jun 2009, 4:18 am

volvic wrote:
Does anyone else feel as though they would rather have no breasts, or at least have smaller ones? I really hate being...big chested. Its uncomfortable, and they get in the way :evil:

Yes, I had breast reduction surgery at 17, because I couldn't find any bras in my size, I had back and neck pain, and grooves in my shoulders because the bra straps cut into my shoulders. The breast reduction helped, but I still wish I didn't have any breasts at all, if you're not breastfeeding or don't plan on breastfeeding, they're basically just round, pesky tumors on your chest.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 5:10 am

Yes, tumours! :lol: *identifies with this take*

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 5:06 am

volvic wrote:
Does anyone else feel as though they would rather have no breasts, or at least have smaller ones? I really hate being...big chested. Its uncomfortable, and they get in the way :evil:

Ditto. Excactly how I feel. The only reason I haven't gone for reduction is that I don't like the thought of cutting off healthy body parts (+ I'm opposed to cosmetic surgery)