Page 6 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 7:20 pm

44 GG here. And even then my boobs feel squashed into my bra. It wouldn't bother me so much if I could retract them, but they are hypersensitive (ANY lace on a bra causes me to itch relentlessly) and at their core are quite painful. But they are sometimes useful for balancing things, though mostly they get in the way.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 7:21 pm

YoshiPikachu wrote:
I can't stand them! I had them when I was 9 years old! My SEA told me if I didn't get a bra she would get me one for my Birthday! I didn't even know what a bra was at the time!

What is an SEA?

saywhatyamean
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Sep 2009, 11:06 pm

Yeah but then I have alot of issues with mine. For starters they are way too big, one is double the size of the other, they are droopy, I have chronic neck and back pain from injuries and having these big uneven weights does nothing good for that, I had an maternal Aunt die at 30 from matastesised(sp) breast cancer, not the right sort of cancer for me to get a free mastecotmy though. I am almost 6 foot and what we say in Aus built like a front row foward(a position in football that requires you to be male large strong and heavily built.) I am not particularly feminine any way, more androgenus (sp) and I just want a functional body. Mine do get in the way alot and I would never dream of going without a bra. Even if my bra is a bit loose you can see the difference in size, even fully dressed. Because of the difference in size I have to get a soft bra(that will stretch in time)and that I can squish my biggest breast into and is slightly too big for the smallest one. I have never looked into it but I think I should have bra's made for me. I have finished having children(or so my body says) so that is no longer an issue.

I have looked into having them reduced in size 3 times. The first time I was only about 20 and although the surgeon was prepared to do it I had not realised that if you had this done you would not be able to breast feed. Also the surgeon would not just reduce the size of the largest one he also wanted to use some sort of implant in the other.(this was the time there was controversy about the silicone implants exploding leaking, all that jazz. I also don't think there was any other sorts of implants at that time) Did not get it done at this time.

Only a couple of months ago I went to see a surgeon and he wanted to make them all preaty and do all this tricky stuff with them, which I did not really want. He did also admit had these things all had certain risks. However I am so sick of all of the issues and now that I have 2 ASDian children I am petrified of the CA risk. He almost had me, untill, that is, he said there was an $8000.00 gap between what my health insurance and Medicare would pay. Breast reduction is meant to be covered by Medicare in this country so I was totally shocked. Of course with the expenses of bringing up ASD kids (therapies, diets, medical care) plus the fact that I cannot and have not worked in 12 years there is no way we could afford that.

Then only weeks ago I went to see a GP to get a referal for a double Mastectomy. You should have seen her face when I asked about this. It was like I had asked her for a referal to get my head cutt off. Apparently the cancer my Aunt had is not a common breast cancer it was more of a connective tissue cancer but she happened to get in in her breast and then everywhere else. Also to have a genetic link you need more than just one person with it in your family anyway . I have still not given up on this idea though. Maybe if I push a bit harder and explain myself a bit better, and maybe demand that she give me the referal and let the surgeon decide for himself, perhaps even tell a few white lies (which friends have suggested) Who knows????

BUT I CERTAINLY UNDERSTAND WHAT ALL OF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!! !! !! !! !

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 3:17 am

I'm a 30A, and I go back and forth between love and hate.

melissa17b
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Sep 2009, 3:47 am

Hazelwudi wrote:
...Or maybe more to the point, my breasts and my long hair serve to balance out my directness of speech, a bawdy (stereotypically masculine) sense of humor, very high cognitive systemizing, etc. This way, I have the best of both worlds. hehe. :D

I like how you put that - it also describes me fairly well. And having only experienced proper puberty in my 40s, these distinctly feminine physical attributes are a much more accurate outward reflection of who I am, despite my analytical, systemic nature and geeky special interests.

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 5:01 pm

Shebakoby wrote:
YoshiPikachu wrote:
I can't stand them! I had them when I was 9 years old! My SEA told me if I didn't get a bra she would get me one for my Birthday! I didn't even know what a bra was at the time!

What is an SEA?

Special Ed Accent.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 9:37 pm

:-( I wish mine were a lot smaller.
I sometimes get quite upset by how large they are.

My mum upsets me because she's not shy about remarking that they'd "look better" in bras, even though she knows full well that I feel crushed in bras and they really hurt my back. If I wear one for more than a few hours, I feel like I've been breaking rocks or something because it makes my muscles ache.
I swear, if my mum remarks one more time that they would look better in a bra then I may just end up squashing her to death with their massive weight.

I got a really nice mail order coat a few days ago, but I'm having to send it back because it doesn't fit.
Their size guide had measurements for hips, waist and bust... but then they only had one overall size for each coat.
So, because my (not that small) waist and hips were 6 sizes smaller than my bust, I got the large size of coat even though it was more expensive.
It fits my chest (snugly, but comfortably) but looks terrible on the rest of me because it doesn't fit at all. I look like a yurt. It's one of the most unflattering coats I have ever seen in my life. It looked so much better on the (flat chested) model in the catalogue. So, I packed it up and am going to send it back soon. I'm so fed up that this keeps on happening. Companies should make coats, T-shirts etc for women with the capacity for the wearer to have naturally large breasts.

Exercising... I like doing it, but I'm completely off-balance when I do things like trying to exercise.
I basically have a 2 kilo weight strapped to the top of my chest whenever I exercise or even just walk.
Try lifting a 2 kilo bag of potatoes... was it easy ? No, right ?
It's probably no wonder that I have frequent lower back ache.

I have plenty of nice "large" women's T-shirts which I can't even wear because my breasts grew a bit, and now said T-shirts can't even fit over my breasts.
It's depressing. The guy sizes are all like f*cking tents of course at the "large" size... it's like the people who make clothes believe that women never grow larger than a prepubescent girl or something. It really isn't helping. And a lot of the cute designs (ie animals, anime characters, etc) on womens' T-shirts look warped or even downright disturbing when stretched over large breasts.

I wish that I could at least get bras which don't hurt to wear and dig in (which in my experience even expensive pro-fitted ones do) , and clothes which actually fit.
Well, I guess that I do have bras which don't hurt or dig in to wear but they're the "one size fits everybody" really stretchy kind ; so they don't give a lot of support and certainly are no good for exercising.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 7:11 pm

My bra size is 32 F (though it depends on the make, I suppose). They are really inconvenient and make it difficult to do things such as sports or wearing certain kinds of clothes. Even most sports bras aren't good enough to support them. I also find them uncomfortable in bed and i have often worn a bra to bed because of it. I find them to just be very impractical so it would be nice if I could reduce the size. I'm a little overweight, so maybe if I had a better lifestyle that might help a little bit. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I'll always have a large bust.

I really don't blame you for how you feel. I used to be extremely insecure about my boobs. I got to a stage where I wouldn't have minded a double mastectomy, let alone breast reduction surgery. I actually got so desperate, I was seriously considering buying pills online to reduce the size. I was willing to fall for an obvious scam just because I hated my body that much. So I totally get it.

Now I don't hate them. I just find them very annoying at times.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 11:43 pm

I just wish mine were smaller...

Yayoi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2013, 11:39 pm

I hate them because they're a sexual trait, which I'd rather have none of. I'm okay with looking and being female in terms of non-sexual features (hair, clothes, name, style of speech etc.) But I'd rather be a being with no visible (as in visible through clothing, like boobs and curves. The lower external half I can deal with, but I want the internal bits out because they're useless and only serve to annoy me)

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 11:53 pm

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
My mum upsets me because she's not shy about remarking that they'd "look better" in bras, even though she knows full well that I feel crushed in bras and they really hurt my back. If I wear one for more than a few hours, I feel like I've been breaking rocks or something because it makes my muscles ache.
I swear, if my mum remarks one more time that they would look better in a bra then I may just end up squashing her to death with their massive weight.

Well, I guess that I do have bras which don't hurt or dig in to wear but they're the "one size fits everybody" really stretchy kind ; so they don't give a lot of support and certainly are no good for exercising.

This is odd for me to hear. I have the opposite experience. I feel horrible w/o a bra. And the "one size fits all kind" gives me the ache that you describe getting w/ regular bras. Not to mention the low pressure ache from the circulation returning when I take them off.

I can relate to one thing, mom. Except mine wants me to have your opinion on bras, because it costs less. Wanna trade? ;)

Latinist
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2014, 5:58 am

Not mad at all. I hated getting breasts and having them. Fortunately, they are quite small. I just leave them hanging around. Usually I don't wear a bra - it feels uncomfortable. Only when I go running/do other sports it is needed.

One of the things I still absolutely HATE is when a man wants to touch my breasts. Fortunately I am not in a relationship.

Latinist
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2014, 6:03 am

Yayoi wrote:
I hate them because they're a sexual trait, which I'd rather have none of. I'm okay with looking and being female in terms of non-sexual features (hair, clothes, name, style of speech etc.) But I'd rather be a being with no visible (as in visible through clothing, like boobs and curves. The lower external half I can deal with, but I want the internal bits out because they're useless and only serve to annoy me)

This describes my feelings exactly. :)

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 7:04 am

volvic wrote:
Does anyone else feel as though they would rather have no breasts, or at least have smaller ones? I really hate being...big chested. Its uncomfortable, and they get in the way :evil:

I like having cup a. No bra problems, nobody staring at my chest, etc, I feel comfortable this way. Most people assume however that I'm insecure because of it but I don't think I am, anymore. One guy even tried to hurt me that way, but sadly for him it didn't work and I just found him a sad sad little douchebag.

limping2victory
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2014, 9:01 am

But then anything and everything requires upkeep.

I'm a 40C roughly. I'm not sure because I haven't been professionally sized. But I can tell you I have a love hate relationship with my bra. I'm glad to wear it because it keep my books where they're supposed to be, but it's binding, annoying. However, if I go without a bra for more than a day straight I end up with a very unpleasant itchy, painful, red rash under them (because they sag and I sweat and it creates too much moisture). Also, if I go without a bra, they tend to get in the way more.

The truth is I've just bought a low impact sports bra, something that is easy to put on, made of breathable cotton, something that I can wear on days I don't work so I can be comfortable but without the worries of going braless. I also think the regular bras I have now are just old and worn out and not the right style for me.

Never settle for any old thing, go for something that actually works for you and your preferences. And that goes for anything/everything in life, not just bras.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 7:14 pm

I don´t want to ruin this, but I don´t see what the issue is. It´s like if men complained about their attributes that make them to be men. I´m myself good with being a female, and don´t hate it... :)