Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SaraLane
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jan 2012, 6:08 pm

My name is Sara and my best friend is a wonderful girl named Erica. I met her at the beginning of the school year almost five months ago and became fast friends. I now have developed romantic feelings for her. At first I thought the feelings would pass like they usually do when I'm attracted to girls,* but they haven't. I've never felt these feelings for anyone else, boy or girl. She has a really sweet boyfriend who treats her well and she truly cares about, and I find myself feeling jealous of him. I know nothing would be helped if I told her how I feel, but I don't know what to do. I don't know anybody I feel comfortable discussing this with, so I came here. I may be wrong, but I really think I am in love for the first time. Please, if anybody has advice, wisdom, or words of comfort, comment!
*I am, or at least I thought so, "Kinsey 2", meaning I have an attraction to both genders but lean towards males and, despite attraction to them, do not have feelings as strong for women as I do for men.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 9:50 am

i had something similar happen at your age. i consider myself bisexual but mostly straight, but i tended to have big crushes on my female friends. i told each one as it happened and they were cool with it, and eventually i got over them as there was no possibility of a relationship (they were straight). being honest with them helped me to get past the worry that i valued the idea of a relationship over the friendship; i could confirm that i wasn't using them or something.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 11:23 am

I fell in love with my best (female) friend when I was 16. I did actually tell her and she just told be that she doesn't see me that way. We're still good friends to this day. How do you think she'd react if you told her? You might not be able to have a relationship with her, but at least it would (potentially) make you feel better if you knew she had some understanding of how you feel. At least it did with me. If she'd be disturbed by it, then it wouldn't be a good idea to tell her.

I thought I was a Kinsey 2, but it's more like I really wanted to be a Kinsey 2. I'm more like a Kinsey 3.5, despite the fact that I have a bf these days. Don't fret too much about whether you prefer men or women.

dreamy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jan 2012, 2:48 am

I sympathize. Attraction and relationships are hard at any age and especially for the first years when you have less experience. I would search the internet for other people with similar situations because I know I've seen this in advice columns and forums. However, the advice can vary greatly and ultimately it's going to depend so much on her and the specifics of your friendship and lives.

SaraLane
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jan 2012, 6:31 pm

I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice. I planned on telling Erica my feelings, but thanks to a series of events that can only happen to me, that didn't happen. Anyway, I have managed to "get over" her, and no longer feel anger or jealousy when I see her kiss her boyfriend. I am very happy, and I am grateful for all of your words of wisdom.

Caesaran
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2012, 4:10 pm

Im kind of jealous here by saying that i wish I can get into a personal relationship with a girl. All I ever do is end up associating with them, Im tired of being the "Friend", My patience is running thin. im tired of most the girls I know going after some Freaking imbecilic moron and not the one who is probably going to making tons more money than he ever will (me).

Seriously! are girls attracted to the blithering fracking Dumb schmuk! (the girls i hang out with NT's. Im not hating on any aspie girls here :wink: )

sorry for ranting though.