Anyone else having to do chemo for breast cancer?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Dancyclancy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2010, 2:19 am

I've had a bilateral mastectomy and am now facing chemotherapy in a few weeks time. I guess I can be thankful for being Aspergers as I'm not hung up on the body image part of illness and operation. However, I'm really nervous about chemo and the effect it could have on my energy levels. I also have ME/CFS so the energy levels are already low and I'm afraid that I will end up bed bound.

Has any one had chemo for breast cancer?

I found it really difficult dealing with a breast care nurse as she was very pushy....ended up overwhelmed by information I was unready to hear.....bombarded with stuff about prostheses when I'd just come out of surgery and having blood transfusions etc....I have been so anxious about dealing with this person but fortunately my Oncologist has allocated me a different person.

For some reason people find my reaction to my position very strange.....as if I should be crying and raging about it all.....what is the point of that sort of behaviour...I don't know......yet another time in my life I seem to have to explain my disposition to others ......I feel like a weirdo having to tell people that my disposition is most likely due to being Aspergers.
It seem most NT women have body image as their main concern...and I'm considered weird for having my health as a main concern...

Any one relate to what I'm going through? :?: