Im 18, is it abnormal even for an Aspie girl to..??????

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

StylishBlossom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Aug 2011, 9:01 am

Still like girly stuff like fairies, Disney, Betty Boop, jewellery with quirky stuff like flowers and strawberries and smiley faces etc, bascially really girly stuff like that?

Because I have a feeling I would still want to like all these stuff in the years to come, because even by normal standards, you should have moved to dressing in mature clothes and wearing elegant jewellery, (which i also like, btw, but i just find myself more drawn to the girly, quirky stuff more).

is it normal or abnormal for an Aspie?

Lilysparkle2011
Raven
Raven

02 Aug 2011, 9:19 am

Well I just turned 21 and i still love all that stuff lol so i don't think it's abnormal, I still love fairies and i love tinkerbell! lol, I tend to watch kids shows more than anything else these days :P

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 10:03 am

I've seen women of all ages like that stuff.(older women even get tattoos of Betty Boop et.all) You need not feel any pressure to "outgrow" things you still like if you don't want to.

Iloveshoujoai
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Aug 2011, 10:33 am

That's too cute :). No it's not that abnormal. I knew someone in her forties who was an avid fan of Disney and my mother who is one of the most mature acting women I know likes Betty Boop and Tinkerbell.

PaoloTrep
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2011, 12:17 pm

My other half loves stuff like that and I thank God for that because I'm far too serious. Makes a nice counterpoint.

KalenderRechner
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Aug 2011, 1:15 pm

I know of an NT woman in her 30s who still likes "Hello Kitty". Enjoy what you enjoy. :)

AQ: 39/50
Aspie score: 150/200
NT score: 57/200

TheOtherMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

I am a woman in my 30's and I have stuff like that and I use it too. Naturally I'd say it's normal. :)

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 7:20 pm

Id say a little unusual. Anyways Im asian and I notice that in asian pop culture, the girls tend to like very girly, cutesy, childlike things such as Hello Kitty even as adults. I was surprised when I was really looked into it, it seemed so childish from an American perspective.

Im not sure what kind music u like, heres a very popular kpop song but from an American perspective is probably very childish.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbwL8kSpEk[/youtube]

I think liking very cutesy, childish, girly stuff as an adult female is a bit more unusual in American culture.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 7:39 pm

Not weird at all. I love My Little Pony LOL! I like Snow White and Cinderella. I like fairies! I love kids shows, I`m always gonna be mentally younger than I am!

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 12:54 am

As a guy, I find that to be incredibly cute. :) And even if it would be what is generally perceived as "abnormal"... would it matter...?

I don't get those who find that to be something to grow out of..... they must be very boring people... from my point of view, anyway.

I'd say that even if a girl at your age still plays with things like dolls or stuffed animals, it's nothing wrong with it, at all. Very unusual, yes, but being unusual can be very treasured by some people.

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2011, 12:00 am

I don't think its unusual if your an Aspergirl. I've had trouble outgrowing some kiddie stuff and am still a child in some ways. :wink:

OTOH, it would be considered unusual to NT girls.

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

I'm 20 and I still watch kid shows.

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2011, 3:00 pm

I'm almost 24 and still buy fuzzy velvet coloring posters, lol!! :lol:

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 11:32 pm

Not at all! I have NT friends -- including a male NT friend -- who are very much into stuff like that. I think it's probably healthy to have a side of yourself that likes things others might perceive as "childish." To me, that just shows that you've done a good job of nurturing yourself.

oddness
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Aug 2011, 5:14 am

Im 26 and still like note pads/pottery figures/stickers of cute disney or german diddl animals on. Ive come to the conclusion that it may have to do with the fact I dont feel the peer pressure that other females do to act grown up and be seen to have sophisticated tastes. Im sure NT girls do like these things to some extent but force themselves to buy things that are seen as grown up instead of choosing what they like.
I on the other hand currently have a duvet cover on my bed with dumper trucks and building blocks on it (sold for boys aged 5 to 11years). I chose it because I prefer it to the white and beige "adult" covers that are in the shops. However if anyone other than my family needed to go in my room I would change the duvet cover to a plain one first just to avoid them making judgements about my sanity.
I dont think there is anything wrong with liking these things I think it is better to buy things you like than things society says you should like but think NTs are often quick to judge and could decide that we were mentally ret*d or infantile if we dont say that we know we shouldnt like these things.
Hope that makes sense.

CaroleTucson
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 10:08 am

Not jewelry so much, but I still have boxes full of adolescent novels about horses ... The Black Stallion and that ilk. It embarrasses me a little.