Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

How often do you shave your legs/armpits?
Always. ALWAYS, DARNIT!! ! 15%  15%  [ 15 ]
Mostly. Sometimes I don't. 23%  23%  [ 23 ]
Sometimes. Depends on the situation. 13%  13%  [ 13 ]
Infrequently. I do it if I feel like it/remember to. 23%  23%  [ 23 ]
Rarely. I don't like doing it at all. 17%  17%  [ 17 ]
NEVER. I CAN'T STAND THE IRRITATION/OTHER REASON!! ! 9%  9%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 100

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

04 Jun 2013, 11:41 pm

This question kind of popped into my mind earlier while I was in the shower: how many of you ASD ladies out there shave your legs? How often? What do you use?

For me, I usually shave my legs more in the spring and summer time, when I'm more likely to wear shorts and dresses. I don't shave my legs at all during the fall and winter, because my legs are usually covered up.

I always shave my armpits, though. I can't stand the prickly feeling of the little hairs against my skin at all.

I'll usually use shaving cream on my legs and soap on my pits.

What about you?

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2013, 11:46 am

I shave my armpits every morning in the shower. I dare not skip a day because my hair grows very fast. As for legs in the Summer I shave them about every 2-3 days and in Winter once every 4 or 5 days.

robsten1990
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jun 2013, 1:03 pm

I shave my armpits every third or fourth day. I shave my legs when I feel like it, often in the summer but rarely in the winter. Sometimes I´m too lazy to shave my legs at all :lol:

Diagnosed with PDD-NOS at 22 years of age.

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 1:05 pm

Armpits when the hairs get a bit too long for my taste. In summer every other day or so. Same for legs, only when I wear shorts or something, I see no need to do it in winter ^_^

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

05 Jun 2013, 7:12 pm

^It gets cold up here, too with all the freezing rain. I can understand that. :lol:

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 7:36 pm

My thighs are so fat it's a hassle to shave my legs above the knees but I shave below the knees every 3 days. I still shave my thighs once in a blue moon but I don't manage it very well. I don't wear short shorts. Only the shaved parts of my leg ever show.

I had some Nair cream but I lost it. That was much easier than shaving when it came to large areas.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 7:40 pm

I shave my armpits and legs every few days. It's become such a habit for me that I even do it during the winter as well.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 12:32 am

I never shave my legs. I haven't been shaving my armpits but sometimes I think maybe I should to control odor easier.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 3:49 am

I shave them whenever I have to. I don't have much body hair, and even though I shave my legs about every month or so, I only have a very little bit and it's very thin and grows very slow. If I were to shave my legs every week that would be more than enough to keep the hair away. My armpits are a little different, I shave about every week or two there, I just check when I'm in the shower. Again, the hair is thin, light, sparse and grows slowly.

So, I don't shave often, but I keep them shaved.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 9:02 am

^Lucky you. I'm a sasquatch and I would like to do a better job of personal maintenance but my ADD issues coupled with my son's fondness for getting into things has caused me to remove all razors/shaving implements from the bathroom and I can't remember to bring one in with me when I shower, or else I'm always running late.

I have to take all kinds of items away from him that you wouldn't think would appeal to an ordinary kid--but he's no ordinary kid. :lol: He grabs random things and throws them out of the window or off the back porch. He empties entire bottles of bath gel and shampoo into the tub and fills the empty bottles with water and pours it out onto the bathroom floor. :x

Yayoi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jun 2013, 4:05 am

I do it whenever I remember to, since I'm a fairly modest dresser and usually cover those areas up. I envy blondes sometimes... their body hair is practically invisible.

the_grand_autismo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jun 2013, 1:16 am

I don't shave my legs. I can't stand the smooth sensation, and I also am too lazy to do it regularly.

I trim my armpit hair with scissors to about 1cm long. This avoids the prickles from shaving but controls the odor and itchiness that come with letting it grow.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 1:22 am

When I have to. I live in a "warm" place - however even in winter here most people still shave year around.

I refuse to use shaving cream though - it's overpriced bullsh*t. Conditioner works just as well, if not better, is much cheaper and you need less of it.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 6:43 am

I shave my pits every two days and my legs every week. I do my legs less frequently because I only have so much hot water. After my normal body wash routine I can only do one other thing. If I wash my hair I can't use my face scrub or shave my legs, If I use my face scrub I can't wash my hair or shave my legs. If shaving is really important (ie. I'm going out or something) I'll just wait 45 minutes for the HWS for heat up again and shave my legs in the bathtub with water from the hose attached to the tap.

I always use a moisturizer soap bar when shaving.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 7:15 am

I can't go longer than about three days or so. I can't stand the feeling of leg stubble catching on anything. :eew:

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2013, 9:51 pm

Only during the summer or I'm going somewhere nice.