Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 6:41 pm

I was wondering if any ladies on here have had these issues. I did have a pap smear and pelvic exam in August of last year and everything was normal. Due to a bladder disease that I have, I had to have some Valium and Percocet to make me feel calm and make the procedure less painful. About a week or so after my period ends, I get some bloody discharge. It is brown, or sometimes red. I have had this since October 2010 or so. I never been pregnant. I never wear tampons. I am not on birth control pills. I haven't had intercourse. Is this bad, this bloody or color discharge?

Thanks

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

tabby676
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jan 2012, 8:15 pm

spotting, (light bleeding between periods), is generally, "normal", and nothing to be concerned about. However, since you haven't experienced spotting before, if you have insurance and a regular gyno you should likely at least call to report it, and possibly go in to be seen. If you do not have insurance, you might want to hit up the health department and/or planned parenthood and see if they can get you a check up.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 4:57 am

Judging from the time that you're getting this discharge, it could be related to ovulation - some women can get a small bleed at this time. But, I'd still recommend you get it checked out. Could be a minor infection and you really want to get it treated.

Good luck