Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 8:00 pm

(Apologies for what is surely a repeat of a thread somewhere, but I did check the entire first page of threads for one on the same topic as this one.)

My wife and I would like to know what is the easiest and most hassle-free way to keep it clean (-shaven) in the vaginal area. What methods do you prefer? Waxing scares her, even though she has never done it. Does anyone here wax? If so, what could you tell her that might put her at ease about trying wax?

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 9:54 pm

She should get professionally waxed. It doesn't hurt that much and she could just get the "bikini" area done to start with. I would not recommend self-waxing.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 10:28 pm

Shaving is bad. If you shave, it itches like crazy as soon it it tried to grow back, and feels like sandpaper. If she's going to go there, she'll have to shave probably at least every 3 days. And then, if you ever want to stop, you have to suffer though the itchy scratchy period.
Professional waxing is probably the best way to go. I've never had one, but it's supposed to not be too bad and last a couple weeks.
Or, there's always little hair removal machines, such as the epilady. She can just do it herself, same benefits as waxing (except it takes way longer and is therefore more painful.)
Also, hair removal creams, such as Nair. These work, but aren't made for that area and can sometimes cause a chemical burn which is not fun.

I'd say that waxing is the quickest, longest lasting one, the best option.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 12:16 am

a decent wax job done by a professional is the best way to go.
You have to keep it up, it's a landscape issue.

Merle

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 12:43 pm

Waxing makes me pass out.

I use my husband's old beard trimmer + nail scissors to keep it short but not shaved. If I feel like shaving I just go with a razor in the shower.

Razors make me kind of queasy too though so usually I stick with the trimmers.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 1:53 pm

the method i would suggest is electric razers, (make sure it has a good blade screen on it, if not it could really hurt) "mow" most of the long hair with a screen and blade type razer then go after the tiny hairs with one of them norelco (them popular disk type shavers) hehe sorry about the landscaping humor

to stop the itchyness, a lotion or some baby oil will prevent that

ok ill admit, i have shaved it because i got annoyed with hair getting all bloody and matted together during that time of the month,

i have once tried with a regular manual woman's shaver, OUCH that hurt, i wound up with pink and razerburn on me, so no more manuals or disposables for me,

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 5:57 pm

Thanks for the replies. Judging from what she's recently told me, professional waxing is not an option, since she's very, very, very shy about her "va-jay-jay". :lol: Apparently, no one on Planet Earth is allowed to see it but her and me. (Yes, doctors live on Planet Earth, too. Which may pose a problem in the future, but we can work through it.) I think my electric razor is the best idea for her for now. She's good with a hand razor too in that area, just doesn't like the hassle of it all.

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 7:31 pm

Shaving is the only method I've tried. Repeated attempts using different techniques produced the same results. Conclusion: DO NOT SHAVE.

It could be different for other women, but for me, the skin became swollen, sore, and itchy right afterwards because it is so much more sensitive than other areas of the body. During the month or so that it took for all the hairs to grow back, I had constant itching and big, swollen in-grown hairs that looked like zits. Not good.

Since then, I just like to keep the hair trimmed down to about .5" - 1" long. I've heard favorable reports about professional waxing, but I've never tried it myself. I've also heard of women using hair-removal creams "down there". For some, this doesn't seem to be a problem, but I imagine that some women could have an uncomfortable reaction to such chemicals being applied to a sensitive area.

Maybe she could try talking to a professional waxer about the options, methods, and how much it tends to hurt?

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 7:46 pm

Why was this a good idea to begin with? I forgot. It sounds horrible to contemplate.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 8:12 pm

Or she can buy one of these, I've used them for years: http://www.emjoi.com/hair-removal/emjoi ... -AP99.html
Same benefits as shaving, only whenever and wherever you want. Sure it hurts some, but it's not too bad.

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 12:35 pm

Shaving with an actual razor gets better the more you do it. A few years back I used to shave with a razor about once a month and my skin got very used to it.

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 9:50 pm

Kirska wrote:
Shaving with an actual razor gets better the more you do it. A few years back I used to shave with a razor about once a month and my skin got very used to it.

Did you notice any decreased sensitivity accompanying this?

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 11:18 pm

release_the_bats wrote:
Kirska wrote:

Did you notice any decreased sensitivity accompanying this?

Well I was single at the time so really it's hard for me to say.

If I did have decreased sensitivity, I didn't notice it. But, the only skin that ever really got irritated for me was the front "bush" type area where sensitivity isn't that much of an issue. The more intimate areas never got that irritated to begin with.

I would probably still use a razor if the process didn't take so long. I start to run out of hot water in the shower :lol:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 5:22 am

You should get a pubic shaver.

Smoothshave maybe?

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 3:12 pm

I shave with a razor. At first it is extremely itchy and made me swear never to shave again! But if you keep it up, it stops itching. It can also be very sensitive at first and it may get irritated and cut easily, I used to have to use some sensitive skin shaving gel and neosporin for the cuts but again, now that I have been doing it for a long time, I have no such issues.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 3:57 pm

garyww wrote:
Why was this a good idea to begin with? I forgot. It sounds horrible to contemplate.

:? Yeah exactly.

Pubic hair down there is more of a turn on. What's the problem with it? :shrug: