bra's....are they horribly uncomfortable 4 u 2?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

08 Nov 2011, 7:18 am

Sorry for the textspeak, but the topic word limit is too short.

Anyway,
I am no picky about bras. I hate any lace that touches my skin...that stuff is evil!
And they cant be too tight, I hate underwires, but like good support (otherwise I would just get a sport bra and get it overwith).
So I have to buy these 40 dollar playtex, no wire support bras that have no lace on them.

I dont like those foam seamless bras either, they just dont feel natrual.

but lace bras and bra strap adjuster thingies really irritate my skin and leave raw redness.

Do other aspergirls have this problem??

Should we just burn all lace bras??? Whoever came up with lace bras dont wear bras...at least that is my theory.

Jojo

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 7:32 am

For a long time I wore underwire bras, usually the ones with satin knit seamless cups.

Now I just wear sports bras. I have some with hooks in the front and some that have no hooks and just go on over your head.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 7:56 am

I am fussy about them aswell. I may not feel quite as strongly as you do but I don't ever choose the lacey ones as I find them to be itchy. However when I can get one that fits properly, has adequate shape and support and I like I don't find them particularly uncomfortable. Only problem is finding ones that match all the criteria is quite difficult! I quite like the moulded ones actually. I wish I could afford to have bras made to fit.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 9:30 am

I just have a hard time finding cute bras in my size. Apparently my band size is too big and I must be stuck with boring neutrals. >.<

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 10:00 am

I have to get soft loose fitting bras - nothing binding, no foam cups, definitely no underwire. I wear them as little as possible as I can't stand things binding my skin. I don't really see the need for bras ... I mean, men don't go around wearing jock straps all the time.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

08 Nov 2011, 1:11 pm

Erisad wrote:
I just have a hard time finding cute bras in my size. Apparently my band size is too big and I must be stuck with boring neutrals. >.<

you can go to www.roamans.com which has nice plus sizes, they have bras too. I dont like the spegetti string bras because they dig into my shoulders, but they are cute...I wish I can wear them.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 1:22 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
I have to get soft loose fitting bras - nothing binding, no foam cups, definitely no underwire. I wear them as little as possible as I can't stand things binding my skin. I don't really see the need for bras ... I mean, men don't go around wearing jock straps all the time.

I would be all for burning mine too, but I need the support.

For you, you can tape your nipples down with latex free surgical tape and not worry about a bra if you dont need them for support.
However, a friend of mine was fired from a job as a college tutor because she would not wear a bra and her nipples could be seen through the fabric of her clothes.
My mom used to tape her nipples when she wore a dress with a low back. That is also how celeberties get into those dresses that are open to the belly button too.

Jojo

LunaUlysses
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Nov 2011, 3:08 pm

I. Hate. Bras.
Lace are too rough and itchy. Under wires just feel so unnatural. The ones with the seam through the inside of it that rubs your nipples are the most uncomfortable things ever. The only thing they're good for, to me, is support for if I'm going to be using a fast walk, jogging, or running. Otherwise, they drive me nuts.
Also, I do not mean to offend anyone, but if women have to wear bras, then why is it obese men with man-boobs don't have to? There have been several times when I've come very close to undoing my bra, handing it to one of these men, and say to them, "Here, you need this more than I do."

ECJ
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2011, 4:38 pm

I find bras really uncomfortable.
Sports bras are good for when I'm playing badminton and running, but other than that I avoid them as much as I can!

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 8:10 pm

jojobean wrote:
Erisad wrote:

you can go to www.roamans.com which has nice plus sizes, they have bras too. I dont like the spegetti string bras because they dig into my shoulders, but they are cute...I wish I can wear them.

Straps tend to fall off my shoulders. I guess my shoulders are a tad small. :P

I'll take a look at their stuff. :)

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 8:43 pm

To me the underwire is the most uncomfortable, but then I cant really do without it.

Taking a break.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 10:59 pm

I hate bras and I hate bra shopping!! ! Why do nearly all bras have underwire, some goofy bow crap in the middle, or some sort of lace? I just want a simple bra with minimal paddng. Basically I only have 3 bras and they are all exactly the same, from Victoria's Secret. Unfortunately they've stopped making that style so I don't know what to do now...

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 11:08 pm

I go without whenever I can. I hate underwires, and even the ones that aren't underwire start to bug me after a while. The only ones that are tolerable for more than a few hours are sports bras.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2011, 12:36 am

I wear nothing but sports bras for this same reason. They also have to be the type that have no clips or have to be fastened in any way. I also remember how devastated I was when I first started having to wear a bra in 5th grade. I never wanted boobs in the first place so when the time came I was quite down about it for a while. To me it symbolized that my childhood was starting to come to an end and I didn't want that. Then my mom kept saying "I couldn't wait to start wearing one!" when saw how I was resisting it.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 2:17 am

ugh...i hate bras, I have the hardest time finding one that even remotely fits me. I'm flat chested yet I have a greater boob circumference then most As and my boobs are often too flat for most A cups too. And then with long shoulders, I need long straps which is uncomfortable. My shoulders are high but not wide so bra straps are falling all the time. If they don't fall, I need them uncomfortably tight. I prefer sports bras but often you sacrifice looks for comfort.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 8:30 am

The most comfortable bras I've ever found are made by Lepel. There's a sort of lace trim, but it's soft and unnoticeable. I can never wear lace bras normally. Unfortunately, the company almost went bust (no pun intended) and they only do up to a D cup in most styles now (I need an F). I don't know what I'll do when the bras I have need replaced.