Limbaugh thinks judging Miss America makes him pro-woman

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

14 Mar 2012, 4:00 pm

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/14/l ... nti-woman/

he keeps digging in deeper, 141 advertizers have left him and he still cant get it right

Jojo

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 4:13 pm

Sadly it doesn't surprise me especially in this country. I know a good number of people including relatives who like him and support the war on feminism.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 6:49 pm

What is "pro woman" anyway? We are all very aware that females exist and their presence is an ongoing on. Woopeedoo?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 7:15 pm

MONKEY wrote:
What is "pro woman" anyway?

It means "If I say this, then my chances of 'getting lucky' tonight will double".

MONKEY wrote:
We are all very aware that females exist and their presence is an ongoing on. Woopeedoo?

Well now ... let us consult the foremost historical authority on women...

Ephesians 5:22-24 (NIV):
The Apostle Paul wrote:
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

1st Timothy 2:9-15 (NIV):
The Apostle Paul wrote:
I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God. A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing - if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

There you have it! I would not be surprised if Rush Limbaugh had this posted everywhere in his home and office, as well as tattooed on his back and belly.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 7:53 pm

@ the bible quotes.

Although the notion of pro-woman is weird, not being an ass like the fellow who wrote those passages is a good thing though. I'm reading a book at the moment called decoding love, and it mentions the ups and downs of the modern image of women being successful, rich career women. The ups are that they're not restrained by the whole "men must rule over you" rubbish, but a lot of that is due to what people find attractive in a mate. In a survey majority of women listed a man more successful than them as one of the key desirable traits, and for a man it was youth and attractiveness. The problem was that the women who already had high end jobs also wanted a man more successful than them, it's natural yet their dating pool was shortened dramatically and it was harder to find a partner. And men often felt threatened by these women and one of their reasons were that they wouldn't be a good mother. It seems women as a whole look for a more established, older, wealthier man than themselves and men was youth and femininity, whether they consciously agree with it or not, underneath those are the key qualities people look for. Cultures change but human nature doesn't so it often conflicts with want makes people happy.

Men also feel threatened by promiscuous women, in studies men have reported that they fear a promiscuous partner might be unfaithful. And who knows what sperms have been lurking around inside her and it's harder to determine paternity.

These old fashioned sorts of bible articles stem from these things, while they are ridiculous it's easy to understand where these ideas came from.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 12:08 pm

MONKEY wrote:
Although the notion of pro-woman is weird, not being an ass like the fellow who wrote those passages is a good thing though ... These old fashioned sorts of bible articles stem from these things, while they are ridiculous it's easy to understand where these ideas came from.

Are you dissing the Apostle Paul?

Oh! The humanity!

How shall I ever read the Bible again without thinking of the Apostle Paul as a Stone-Age misogynist?

How can I look a Christian pastor in the eye and not call him (or her) out on wanting women to remain second-class citizens?

;)

Last edited by Fnord on 15 Mar 2012, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 12:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
Although the notion of pro-woman is weird, not being an ass like the fellow who wrote those passages is a good thing though ... These old fashioned sorts of bible articles stem from these things, while they are ridiculous it's easy to understand where these ideas came from.

Oh! The humanity!

How shall I ever read the Bible again without thinking of the Apostle Paul as a Stone-Age misogynist?

;)

:lol:

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

15 Mar 2012, 1:34 pm

MONKEY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

Oh! The humanity!

;)

:lol:

It does clarify how our culture is embedded with such misogyny
rather shocking, the verses are, by those standards Rush is a swell guy. :roll:

Jojo

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 2:16 pm

MONKEY, although women in books like that may say that they want something in particular (like a man who is wealthier), they date and marry men who are about on par. so i consider that sort pf perspective with a grain of salt.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 2:25 pm

Most hetero males might claim to want only semi-literate busty blondes, but most also seem to end up with "Plain Janes" and seem to be reasonably happy with it most of the time.

I think that's all we are really looking for - someone to be reasonably happy with for most of the time.

15 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
MONKEY, although women in books like that may say that they want something in particular (like a man who is wealthier), they date and marry men who are about on par. so i consider that sort pf perspective with a grain of salt.

Which reminds me of women IRL who say they want a nice guy but end up dating and eventually marrying men who don't treat them very well. I rarely hear women openly stating that they want a rich man for a husband, FWIW.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 5:38 pm

Most of the women in my family didn't marry rich husbands, some of the men didn't even work. As for me, I don't find rich men attractive. I'm getting sick and tired of this bs about how women in general should be or what they're only attracted to. What's more baffling is other women perpetuating these myths and beliefs onto other women. If a woman wants to be a stay at home mother, so be it. If a woman doesn't want to work or vote and prefers a man to take care of her, so be it but don't dictate what my role should be due to my gender. Most of us women don't fit so neatly into this gender stereotypes. I don't expect these stereotypes to change soon since we're going to get the same bs about why polygamy works more in men's favor but not the other way around for a woman, or why women shouldn't dress to get raped or why women are sluts for wanting easy access to birth control, or why women's main function in societies is to give birth and care for children. I'm not saying shallow women don't exist, quite the contrary but it seems to me that it is still more accepted to bash women with the same "crime" most guys can get away with. If a woman says anything about men like men do women, she's a feminazi and trust me the word feminazi and feminist have become interchangeable and are more frowned upon than a guy acting like a misogynist because only men haters use that word.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 7:06 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Which reminds me of women IRL who say they want a nice guy but end up dating and eventually marrying men who don't treat them very well. I rarely hear women openly stating that they want a rich man for a husband, FWIW.

maybe those guys were nice to them at the beginning.

very few women stay with abusive men for their whole lives, actually.

15 Mar 2012, 11:57 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Many people, regardless of gender, are sometimes attracted to folks who don't treat others very well, including them. Attraction is purely emotional, and hardly ever rational.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 12:12 am

AspieRogue wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Many people, regardless of gender, are sometimes attracted to folks who don't treat others very well, including them. Attraction is purely emotional, and hardly ever rational.

it is not common. there are some people with extremely low self-esteem who think they deserve ill treatment, and there are some people who think that a partner's flaws outweight the abuse. but it's not rampant.

16 Mar 2012, 9:17 am

As for wealthy men, since many women here in the US & CA are employed and have the means to support themselves, they don't need a man to be a provider. Ergo, they look for other traits in men that they find attractive. Males become very agressive and competitive to attract women that do not need them to support their children. And since being a bad boy is seen as attractive to the opposite sex, then that is what unattached men aspire to.