This menopause crap is going to be the death of me

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2013, 4:28 pm

Or somebody else lol! I've been in perimenopause for a couple years now and it's getting worse. The mood swings, the hot flashes, and now I've had a period for the past three weeks. Three weeks! I had no idea I had this much blood in my body. And just when I thought it was going away, it got WORSE. From what I hear from others though, this may be the last time I have to deal with this.

I wish I could have a hysterectomy!

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2013, 5:10 pm

Have you tried any herbal remedies ??

Or, considering where you live, killed a chicken during a full moon and spoken the magic words?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2013, 5:43 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Have you tried any herbal remedies ??

Or, considering where you live, killed a chicken during a full moon and spoken the magic words?

I don't know much about the herbal things so I'm scared to try them.

As for the other, well I do Hoodoo anyway and don't know of anything at all that will help this. Little Clyde can witch wart and skin injuries but he's the only one I know that can PowWow at all and I'm not asking Little Clyde to witch my uterus. Number one he would completely misunderstand and think I meant something dirty and number two there is no telling what I would end up with.

I just want a hysterectomy and nobody will give me one. My mother got one because she wanted one in 1979 but apparently they don't do it by request anymore.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

NewDawn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jul 2013, 6:09 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
And just when I thought it was going away, it got WORSE. From what I hear from others though, this may be the last time I have to deal with this.

Yes, it seems to get really bad near the end. I've heard it from other women too and my own last period was absolute hell. So it may be over soon for you. But the hot flushes will probably go on for a while. I still have them from time to time (4 years post menopause).

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2013, 8:45 pm

Actaea racemosa (black cohosh, black bugbane, black snakeroot, fairy candle; syn. Cimicifuga racemosa) is a species of flowering plant of the family Ranunculaceae. It is native to eastern North America from the extreme south of Ontario to central Georgia, and west to Missouri and Arkansas. It grows in a variety of woodland habitats, and is often found in small woodland openings. The roots and rhizomes have long been used medicinally by Native Americans. Extracts from these plant materials are thought to possess analgesic, sedative, and anti-inflammatory properties. Today, black cohosh preparations (tinctures or tablets of dried materials) are used mainly to treat symptoms associated with menopause.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 12:21 am

Blood thinners (asperin, garlic, vitamin e) made my periods worse during perimenopause. Or you could get pregnant :lol:

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 10:39 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Or somebody else lol! I've been in perimenopause for a couple years now and it's getting worse. The mood swings, the hot flashes, and now I've had a period for the past three weeks. Three weeks! I had no idea I had this much blood in my body. And just when I thought it was going away, it got WORSE. From what I hear from others though, this may be the last time I have to deal with this.

I am going through the exact same thing at the moment. Not to mention the mood swings and the anger that this perimenopause thing is causing. It's like having severe PMS at a continuous basis. I will be a happy person when I'm through that whole menopause debacle. Never having a period again is certainly something to look forward to.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 12:00 am

pokerface wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

I am going through the exact same thing at the moment. Not to mention the mood swings and the anger that this perimenopause thing is causing. It's like having severe PMS at a continuous basis. I will be a happy person when I'm through that whole menopause debacle. Never having a period again is certainly something to look forward to.

watch out for osteoporosis. take in enough calcium.

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 12:22 am

justkillingtime wrote:
pokerface wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

watch out for osteoporosis. take in enough calcium.

That is a very useful tip.
I will certainly do what you suggest.

Polgara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2013, 11:13 pm

DO NOT have anything removed unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary! Once stuff is missing everything sloshes around, it all holds together. Google it. Sometimes it's necessary but sometimes it's a disaster.

I ended up getting the inside of my uterus ablated, (they barbecued it with electricity in my case, there are other ways) because the bleeding was nonstop after I stopped the minipill. Best thing I could have done, and the interior structure has no missing parts. Of course, because of giving birth to two large children and one extra-large (induced!), being overweight, and decades of chronic coughing, I still ended up in the Depends aisle, but at least none of my insides are falling out.

Former co-worker got good results with black cohosh. She was having real trouble. Other than the bleeding thing, I was blessed with an absence of menopausal symptoms, but I have heard they can be very disruptive. Good luck!

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 3:04 am

OliveOilMom wrote:

You wouldn't have your period then but could potentially have mini periods if they leave the cervix and you would still have other menopause symptoms.

I had a hysterectomy last year and even though I kept my ovaries I still had menopause symptoms for a while. They mostly went away though so I think my ovaries might be working again. The operation and the radiation can make them stop working temporarily or permanently.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Jul 2013, 5:57 pm

I had a hysterectomy due to uterine fibroids, but they left my ovaries or I would have gone into instant menopause. But now I am in menopause, and it isn't nice, I can tell you that! I have tried herbs, acupuncture, hormones (scary and I stopped very soon) and now I am drinking lots of coconut water (which has cooling energies) and trying to follow an Ayurvedic diet. Certain foods and drinks can actually increase heat issues in the body, so I am avoiding those things. Such as alcohol (I don't drink anyway) coffee, black tea, caffeine, fried foods, and junk food. I am having marginal success but pray for the day that I make it through menopause!