Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 5:44 pm

I live in an area with lots of snow and am worried that if I fall on ice the area where my stitches were will bust open. Is this possible? I had my surgery on June 3rd and now it's October 8th.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 5:46 pm

unless you have diagnosed problems with hypoprotenemia, your stitches should be healed and scarred by now. you would be as likely to tear virgin flesh as you would scar tissue. my advice would be to not go bareskinned in slippery conditions but wear thick clothing.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 5:59 pm

I don't know what the heck a hypoprotenemia is, but I agree with auntblabby on both counts, you should be healed up, and don't walk around bare on ice cuz you'll stick if you fall down.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

questor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 7:31 pm

Your surgery was 4 months ago. We probably won't have to deal with ice for another month yet. Anyway, by now you are healed up. I had a complete Hysterectomy about 8 years ago--cancer--It took a few months to heal, but then the surgery site was fine. I had to wait for about 2 months after the surgery before they could do the internal radiation therapy that they used to make sure that there wasn't any more cancer. Guess it worked, as I am still here. Fortunately, I only needed three radiation visits. And no, I don't glow in the dark now! :lol: So chill, figuratively speaking. You could still break a leg or something else in an ice related fall, but that is always a possibility. You could also trip and fall on dry level ground. Most of the time that doesn't happen, so don't dwell on it. Find something else to occupy your time and mind. :D