tally of Alex requests re modding misogyny

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 6:23 pm

Has anyone kept track of the number of times members have approached Alex about this problem? Maybe it's simplest just to ask for an "I have" or "there was this time [link]" in this thread.

I have. No reply.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 6:32 pm

this was what made me think that if we got together and presented our problem with the way policy is implemented in regards to sexism as a group he might be more likely to respond--and also if a group effort isn't successful, it looks pretty bad when we take it to the press that he was approached by more than one member and ignored the request.

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 7:00 pm

Okay, but have you actually approached him before?

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 7:10 pm

no, i don't use facebook or twitter and i have yet to contact him by email. i figured i would discuss it with others first and see if anyone else was interested in pursuing it. i was informed that previous attempts to contact him by individual members had failed, so it seemed kind of pointless to try just a single email from me.

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 7:11 pm

Do you have anything documented about the other attempts at contacting him about this, and anything about his response/nonresponse?

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 7:21 pm

also, as a bit of a side-note: someone suggested researching online advocacy groups for women on the spectrum, to see if we can't find support to bring to bear on the issue from outside the site, and from people who have experience with such activism (because i don't). i thought that was a good idea, but i haven't had a chance to do it yet. i've got other things going on and i got....ahem, sidetracked yesterday (read: certain--thankfully few--things very effectively enrage me, and being bullied is one of those things--so i had some rage to expel yesterday.)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 9:56 pm

Mail return from site administration is extremely low, anywhere you look.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 10:45 pm

cberg wrote:
Mail return from site administration is extremely low, anywhere you look.

Not in my experience, though it could be true globally with Alex.