Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

rhymeswithorange
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Oct 2014, 5:30 pm

How many of you take meds for ADD or depression? I have been on most every type of ADD meds - I was diagnosed with that before Aspergers. But they all seem to have distinct side effects. Some increase my anxiety to the point of panic attacks. The Adderall line helps me be productive, but makes me more "autistic" ... More hyper focus and curtness in conversations. My SO says I'm more relaxed and easier to have a conversation with when I'm off the meds ... But all I do is play video games and feel like I'm lost in space in my head. I get depressed more often and I have a very difficult time at work. (I work full time.)

I have never taken a standard anti-depressant because I already have sexual issues and am worried about them getting worse.

What have been your experiences?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2014, 9:26 pm

hiya Rhymes :) welcome to the club 8)
my experiences started with dysthymia before being dx'ed with AS in 2003. started with norpramin [aka desipramine] which is stimulating, but it lost its effectiveness after about two years of use. then they put me on concerta which was more effective than norpramin but made me cross, so after about a year of that was put on Strattera which hit the spot [made me think clearly like a normal person] but made my GERD worse. since 2005 have not been on any pmeds. some days are more of a struggle than others. the Strattera came on like a lamb in spring, very gentle but after about a week noticed that the clouds lifted and everything was clear, I for the first time in memory just "worked" normally.