Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

sweeToxic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Aug 2015, 10:16 am

Does anyone on the spectrum have a hard time with make up? Preferably when it comes to applying the eyeliner? I've always had such a hard time. Not even my mom can put it on me without me freaking out. I was wondering if any other women were like this as well who also have autism. It's actually one of the reasons I prefer to just go natural instead of worrying over make up and what looks good on me. :/ Not to mention the constant hassle, frustrations and anxiety I go through with 'attempting' to apply eyeliner.

So, who else is like this?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 1:48 am

I'm not great with eyeliner but after watching a lot of YouTube videos and trying different types and practicing on myself over and over, I can finally do more than line my waterline in black pencil like we did in the 80s. You might want to try GossMakeupArtist, Cherry Dollface, PinupDollAshleyMarie, LisaFreemontStreet, for starters. They all have many eyeliner tutoirals and different ways to apply it, how to put on different types, etc. Look at a lot of them and then try something.

The waterline is the hardest for me to line because it tickles. That is the edge of your skin that is right at your eye. It's between the base of the eyelashes and the eyeball. I'd wait on trying that one if you are squamish. My youngest daughter can put liquid, powder, gel, pencil or marker there without a mirror even, but my oldest daughter can't even do her's with a pencil. So it's just personal preference and tolerance.

You might do better with what GossMakeupArtist calls Tightlining and that is where you use a flat brush to push dark eyeshadow powder into the base of your lashes on the top of a closed eye. It doesn't give you a line, just a fuller eyelash. You can also use a marker or an angled brush and gel to draw a line on top of your eyelashes and even extend it out for a cateye liner. That is what most think of about eyeliner and it's actually the easiest to do. It will help if you get a magnifying mirror and close the eye you are working on and look at it with the other eye and just focus on the tiny area you are drawing the liner on.

But, all this is in those videos. Those are where I learned. Why not go check them out and see what you think about it. Just watch a lot of them and different styles of liner etc before you try. Then just play. It's fun. It comes off easily and you can keep trying till you get something you like. Have fun, that is what makeup is about really.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com