Does this make other female students uncomfortable?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2015, 1:54 pm

I am a Junior. I have had male teachers who were not dangerous, but unthinking. When one asks you to come see him at lunch and when you get there, he's alone, does it make you uncomfortable ever?

Not that I think they mean anything by it, but it's kind of nerve-racking. At least for me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 6:23 pm

Why did the teacher want to see you? I hope it was for academic reasons.

If it's for social reasons, I would back off----quickly.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 7:47 pm

If he wanted to talk to you about your academic progress, and this was an appointment in his office, I wouldn't give it a second thought. It is common for professors to have meetings in their office, one to one.

Oh I was interpreting this as a junior in college, but I think maybe you mean high school. Where was this meeting held? Did he only talk about your education?

It would take something more than him being alone to make me uncomfortable or suspicious. But for future, you can always suggest a public place, like the cafeteria.

Agemaki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2015, 4:38 am

I don't think I ever had this experience when I was in high school. Has the same teacher asked you to visit him on multiple occasions? Is there a friend you can take along with you? Does the teacher ask this of all students or just female students? At any rate, you have a right to feel safe at school. Is there a school counselor you can talk to who might have more insight on the situation?

medusahair
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2015, 5:17 am

Would asking for the door to his office stay open make you feel more comfortable?