Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2016, 1:48 pm

Despite turning 23 in a few months I consider myself a teenage girl at heart. I like rock, rap, pop and one country song as far as music taste goes, play video games like Just Dance, Pokemon and a bunch of other video games, watch anime and read books like "Pretty Little Liars" and "Vampire Academy".

I was looking for stuff for my room and tried looking at Pottery Barn and all of it was so dull and boring, so I started looking at Pottery Barn Teen and found some awesome things for my room that I actually like. Besides, the more grown up Pottery Barn doesn't have those awesome clothing, jewelry, shoe and beauty organizers.

Am I the only girl or woman here who still feels, acts and has the interest of a teenager? I'm not ashamed of this at all, I like who I am. :)

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

ConceptuallyCurious
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2016, 10:25 am

I'm 20 but I guess I grew up quickly.

I do still have interests such as Harry Potter fandom but I don't think that's me being too young - it seems fans of Harry Potter have grown and kept it. I have both met-in-real-life (most of who are considered successful and have their lives together) and online friends who are now between 20s and 30s.

I don't act or feel like a teenager. I have executive function difficulties which make me less independent but I'm otherwise quite responsible.

ADHD diagnosed in July 2016

Also "probable" dyspraxia/DCD and dyslexia.

Plus a smattering of mental health problems that have now been mostly resolved.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 12:38 pm

Feel like a teen? Heck, I'm in my fifties, and I'm still hoping for a decent childhood!

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.