Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2016, 12:25 pm

I know both are often considered to be somewhat immature, but I still wonder; which one would look most mature in a public space?

If you consider both of them to be immature, is there any way I can tailor them so that they can make me look like a mature woman?

Please leave out any suggestions. Thanks! :)

-Thomas Jefferson

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2016, 3:02 pm

Apparently Dutch braided low pig tails are the in thing at the moment. There's loads of tutorials on YouTube. Here's one:

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2016, 5:31 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Apparently Dutch braided low pig tails are the in thing at the moment. There's loads of tutorials on YouTube. Here's one:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! :mrgreen:

-Thomas Jefferson

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2016, 5:44 pm

I think both high and low pigtails are cute! :heart:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 12:04 am

i think low pigtails and having them pushed back away from my face looks the most "adult" on myself, but it really just depends on your own look and style. when someone makes a comment about my pigtail braids being childish i explain why its actually extremely practical for me to wear my hair in this way.

pauley perrette is a good celebrity example of an adult who pulls off high pigtails for the character of "abby" in the tv show ncis.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 2:48 am

I always do low pigtails mainly because my hair is too heavy to stay high.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2016, 2:03 pm

I like to keep my hair shoulder length as it's what looks best on me at this point in my life. Now, when I've had my hair longer, the closest I got to pigtails was low braids.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 6:35 pm

I love low pigtails that are behind the ears and close together. I think all pigtails are cute though :D

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 7:13 pm

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Please leave out any suggestions. Thanks! :)

Please leave out any suggestions?

Ok.

No comment.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 8:11 pm

I think low pigtails are more mature. But also cuter. ^.^♥

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 10:12 pm

I can't pull off the Abby thing (can't get them even, even on my daughters, never mind myself) so I'm a fan of low pigtails, either braided from apt he bottom of the hairline or pulled back just behind the ears.

annygrant
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jul 2016, 2:07 am

My vote is for a creative high ponytail like this:
[Btw, my hair is usually tied into a high ponytail.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 10:54 am

^Wow! :o That's quite beautiful! :)

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

thevampslayer
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jul 2016, 12:28 pm

Definitely low pigtails are more mature. I got away with wearing them all through high school, but the one time I tried to wear high pigtails over the age of 10, I got tons of rude comments.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 6:54 am

That picture with the braided blonde ponytail -- gorgeous.

I think anything placed low is the more grownup look in most people's eyes, but having said that, I use high ponytails because anything low causes me sensory issues with it being nearer my neck, and higher is more practical when I'm doing my work as my hair gets in the way with anything else.

I've never had anyone make fun of me for it being babyish on a grown woman, but then again I'll put a hat on over it when going back out in public (I wear hats everywhere) so only people indoors who know me see me in my high ponytail, and they've never seemed to think it was weird, just practical.