Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2024, 1:34 am

Well I have let mine grow for years, once I figured out not shaving them doesn't irritate my skin but shaving them does, like I stopped shaving them when I was a teen and for sure got made fun of about it. But yeah my legs are much softer if I don't shave all the hair off and then get prickly ingrown hairs just much softer if I just keep the hair. And now there is so much about it being a statement, and I guess at the end of the day that is not so bad...but for me it is just more that shaving my legs seemed like an unnecessary hassle, like if I wasn't meant to have hair there why do I? But yeah idk if younger girls see me in the grocery store or in public with my visible leg hair maybe it will help to let them know its a choice if you want to shave it off or keep it and neither choice is wrong.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2024, 2:36 am

I haven't shaved my legs in about 30 years. I don't wear skirts or shorts, though I do wear pants with no socks sometimes so my leg hair is somewhat visible then.

It's an unbearable hassle that I can't even imagine ever going back to, and I was never a very assiduous leg shaver. I also don't shave my underarms. I've never had a romantic partner who had any objection.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2024, 2:57 am

I don't because I don't like shaving or waxing it all over again.

Either leave it as it is, or permanent leg hairlessness.
I don't like having to maintain this.

I don't like the sensation of leg hair growing back. It's fricking itchy and having to get rid of it all over again is a pain.

But then, I don't like the feeling of my legs exposed to the elements begin with, so I tend to wear pants or leggings.

Not that I'm ever conscious about my legs and leg hair at all if I'm wearing something shorter.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2024, 4:09 am

bee33 wrote:
I haven't shaved my legs in about 30 years. I don't wear skirts or shorts, though I do wear pants with no socks sometimes so my leg hair is somewhat visible then.

It's an unbearable hassle that I can't even imagine ever going back to, and I was never a very assiduous leg shaver. I also don't shave my underarms. I've never had a romantic partner who had any objection.

I used to always cover it, by wearing pants all the time...but it gets hot in the summer, much more comfortable to wear shorts and just not worry about leg hair. I do sometimes feel a little self conscious as not everyone is so accepting but at the end of the day it is my body if someone is offended by my body hair than they can stop staring as they don't have to keep looking if they don't like it. I am not going to risk super irritated leg skin just for other peoples aesthetic preference. And quite frankly I like the way my leg hair looks I only shaved it in the past cause I thought I had to...not because I wanted to. I guess it helps being 35 as, I just feel like I don't need to care about that sort of crap anymore and I will never shave my leg hair again like for one I don't have time for that and also prickly hairs are not worth it between shaves like so irritating to the skin..like if you do shave your legs you should probbly slather them in some good lotion after to avoid irritation,.

Harmonie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jun 2024, 10:14 am

I hate razors so much, my skin is extremely sensitive to them, even the supposed sensitive-skin ones. The only solution I've found is electric shavers. My skin is sensitive to them, too, but to a much lesser extent.

I like my legs shaved, perhaps in part because I know people will look at me weird if I don't. But I also don't like the look or feel of my legs being hairy.

Nevertheless, I don't actually have to because I wear only capris and long dresses/skirts and thus my legs never show anyway. Lol.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2024, 5:17 pm

I shave my legs and underarms ever other day. Even thought I wear long pants nearly all the time. I have fair skin and dark, thick hair so I really don't to look like a gorilla. Even though gorillas are intelligent and a lot more peaceful and civilized than humans.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2024, 6:42 pm

Harmonie wrote:
I hate razors so much, my skin is extremely sensitive to them, even the supposed sensitive-skin ones. The only solution I've found is electric shavers. My skin is sensitive to them, too, but to a much lesser extent.

I like my legs shaved, perhaps in part because I know people will look at me weird if I don't. But I also don't like the look or feel of my legs being hairy.

Nevertheless, I don't actually have to because I wear only capris and long dresses/skirts and thus my legs never show anyway. Lol.

Certainly nothing wrong with that, I figure the big thing for me is it should be a womans choice what they prefer on their body. But yeah I don't really even like how my legs look shaved I kind of like the way it grows. Like a bit longer darker hair below the knee and for some reason it gets lighter on my upper legs and for whatever reason I like that. I do use an electric razor to trim my armpits as they get more hairy than my boyfriends armpits and I don't particularly like that. I still am a bit nervous of wearing a sleeveless shirt where someone will see my armpit hair though but there are even people on the internet who dye their armpit hair...so a little bit of trimmed hair probably is not so extreme.

If I did like my legs shaved I'd for sure use an electric razor as they certainly are much less irritating, than the regular sort of shaver. I always thought those seemed intimidating though, but like it seems its actually rather hard to cut yourself with one. But yeah part of the reason I stopped shaving my legs was because of the little cuts and and I always hated when it started growing back and feeling prickly.

Harmonie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2024, 9:08 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Harmonie wrote:

Certainly nothing wrong with that, I figure the big thing for me is it should be a womans choice what they prefer on their body. But yeah I don't really even like how my legs look shaved I kind of like the way it grows. Like a bit longer darker hair below the knee and for some reason it gets lighter on my upper legs and for whatever reason I like that. I do use an electric razor to trim my armpits as they get more hairy than my boyfriends armpits and I don't particularly like that. I still am a bit nervous of wearing a sleeveless shirt where someone will see my armpit hair though but there are even people on the internet who dye their armpit hair...so a little bit of trimmed hair probably is not so extreme.

If I did like my legs shaved I'd for sure use an electric razor as they certainly are much less irritating, than the regular sort of shaver. I always thought those seemed intimidating though, but like it seems its actually rather hard to cut yourself with one. But yeah part of the reason I stopped shaving my legs was because of the little cuts and and I always hated when it started growing back and feeling prickly.

Certainly, I think you and all of us should be free to do whatever we want. Especially in this case where the hair naturally grows and isn't harmful. The only reason we are expected to shave is just long established societal gender roles. That's it, that's all.

Me personally, though I just don't like to draw attention to myself. I hate attention being drawn to me in public. People are way too nosy about the most absurd of things (like what I eat for lunch at work each day), so I most certainly don't want to give them something else to talk about, you know? Also by my personal choice I do prefer to shave. Perhaps that's just the result of society's body image for being a woman that has been deeply-ingrained in me and thus fairly irrational, but again, it keeps unnecessary attention off of me.

Miryl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2024, 4:46 am

My mom made me shave once when I was a teen (ok, not shave but wax)... I hated it. I hated how I felt afterwards and it took forever to feel normal again. I will never shave or wax in any way again. And I am very hairy for a female. Dark hair with light skin as well... If you have a problem with my hairy arms and legs (and other parts), well that's your problem, right?

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2024, 5:21 am

Harmonie wrote:

Me personally, though I just don't like to draw attention to myself. I hate attention being drawn to me in public. People are way too nosy about the most absurd of things (like what I eat for lunch at work each day), so I most certainly don't want to give them something else to talk about, you know? Also by my personal choice I do prefer to shave. Perhaps that's just the result of society's body image for being a woman that has been deeply-ingrained in me and thus fairly irrational, but again, it keeps unnecessary attention off of me.

I completely understand about not wanting to attract attention or comments. I feel the same way. I don't shave my legs or armpits but I also don't wear skirts, shorts, or sleeveless shirts.

Harmonie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2024, 3:26 pm

bee33 wrote:
Harmonie wrote:

I completely understand about not wanting to attract attention or comments. I feel the same way. I don't shave my legs or armpits but I also don't wear skirts, shorts, or sleeveless shirts.

That's a way to do it - a way I employed for many years! But then I realized that sleeveless tops can actually look very flattering on me, and I have a dress that I adore that *gasp* only goes down to my knees.

ImagineDragons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Sep 2024, 6:22 pm

Jesus

A bunch of hairy arsed females

Guys hate hairy legs and underarms-fact

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2024, 6:31 pm

I like men to have hairy legs.
One of my bf's had very fair/fine hair that was barely visible.
It didn't look right on him as a big, burly bloke.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2024, 6:37 pm

ImagineDragons wrote:

Some of us don't give a f**k. My body/grooming choices are about my own personal preferences. I shave because I like the way it feels although your posts are making me think about giving no shaving a go again. Thanks!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2024, 6:41 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
ImagineDragons wrote:

Some of us don't give a f**k. My body/grooming choices are about my own personal preferences. I shave because I like the way it feels although your posts are making me think about giving no shaving a go again. Thanks!

Yeah, I was wondering why he's so concerned about it, or about other men's perspective.
It seems to be an usually strong preoccupation and judgment against women being human.

Personally, I've known lots of men online and irl who love hair on women.
It's almost like a fetish for some men.

We all get to make our own choices, and not speak for / shame others.

Personally IDGAF whether women shave or not.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2024, 10:10 pm

ImagineDragons wrote:
What guys are those? Somehow those of us who have hair on our legs and underarms and are women have perfectly good sex lives. Must be baffling to you, huh? And apparently it's upsetting to you. That's just a fun bonus for us.