Bisexual 17%  17%  [ 21 ]
Lesbian 12%  12%  [ 15 ]
Other 27%  27%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 121

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 2:53 am

I am actually curious to know how many women with AS are bi or lesbian. Its seems like a quite a significant amount are.

Unbeliever
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2008, 6:35 am

Wow, I really should have read the question before voting... :p

flutter
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 10:10 am

Your poll results might be skewed because a significant portion of AS women identify as trans, so to them, being attracted to a woman would be considered straight.

;)

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 10:13 am

flutter wrote:
Your poll results might be skewed because a significant portion of AS women identify as trans, so to them, being attracted to a woman would be considered straight.

;)

If thats the case, then wouldnt the women consider identify themselves as male?

flutter
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 10:36 am

princesseli wrote:
flutter wrote:

;)

If thats the case, then wouldnt the women consider identify themselves as male?

Touche'

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 11:36 am

I wonder what classifies as other? Either asexual or beastiallity? Maybe flowers?
Just kidding.

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 5:06 pm

Including Asexuality in the actual poll instead of putting it in under other might've been good.... I know I'm not the only one here!

Asexual-romantic here. I want a close, exclusive relationship with someone, but nothing beyond hugging, handholding, innocent stuff. I've always imagined myself as ending up with a guy, but I've had some pretty close connections with other women, so it might be that gender is rather irrelevant in this case.

silly_rabbi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2008, 5:11 pm

Dhp wrote:
I wonder what classifies as other? Either asexual or beastiallity? Maybe flowers?
Just kidding.

The labels don't really fit me. Bi, well I'm not a true Kinsey neutral. Gay, well not totally. Definitely not straight. I've been self-iding as 'queer' the last few years (basically bi, but with a strong preference for my own gender).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 5:22 pm

princesseli wrote:
I am actually curious to know how many women with AS are bi or lesbian. Its seems like a quite a significant amount are.

It would then be vital to compare the results with those of the NT population, including straights, bis, or lesbians. Then it would also be important to note the same statistic with regard to the general population that does not include WP members. Otherwise, the data would be meaningless.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 6:13 pm

BokeKaeru wrote:
Including Asexuality in the actual poll instead of putting it in under other might've been good.... I know I'm not the only one here!

Asexual-romantic here. I want a close, exclusive relationship with someone, but nothing beyond hugging, handholding, innocent stuff. I've always imagined myself as ending up with a guy, but I've had some pretty close connections with other women, so it might be that gender is rather irrelevant in this case.

hetero-asexual here.

I do think of myself as male. However, I am only attracted to male-bodied females. I see them as female and they see me as a guy so I still consider that straight.

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2008, 9:25 pm

I really like both, but I can only see myself being in a long-term relationship with a man.

flutter
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 10:58 pm

Triangular_Trees wrote:

hetero-asexual here.

I do think of myself as male. However, I am only attracted to male-bodied females. I see them as female and they see me as a guy so I still consider that straight.

attracted to male-bodied females you say?

hmmmmmm. ;)

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 11:43 pm

Quote:

hmmmmmm.

I'm afraid you spoke up too late. I have a male bodied girlfriend and our relationship is going great. I see long term prospects forhit even though we aren't yet ready to live together

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 11:48 pm

wow. there have been many of these threads, at least it seems like that. not a bad thing, i'm not trying to devalue this thread at all...just an observation.

i think i'm pretty obvious. out in the open gay. holla!

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

flutter
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 7:21 am

Triangular_Trees wrote:
Quote:

hmmmmmm.

I'm afraid you spoke up too late. I have a male bodied girlfriend and our relationship is going great. I see long term prospects forhit even though we aren't yet ready to live together

:hmph: :shrug:

Well, I'm happy you found her. If you know any other guys like you, point em my way, eh? ;)

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 7:30 am

I am straight.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I