Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Do you work/school full-time (40 hours a week)?
Yes 46%  46%  [ 16 ]
No, only part time 14%  14%  [ 5 ]
No, I am on disability 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
No, I am supported by someone else 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
None of these? 17%  17%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 35

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 1:26 pm

Going to school full-time for the sake of this poll counts as working full-time.

After I did this I realized I forgot a likely option: "No, but usually I do, unemployed at the moment"

sorry :P

Just so that it's clear, being in the womens forum, this is for WOMEN to answer. Don't answer for your wife or something.

Last edited by Kirska on 15 Jan 2009, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 1:41 pm

Kirska wrote:

After I did this I realized I forgot a likely option: "No, but usually I do, unemployed at the moment"

sorry :P

ah, that would be me. I chose the last one.

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 1:51 pm

For me school and work were completely different. School was structured enough that I could manage full time no problem. But work is unstructured enough that I fall apart. So I'm curious as to how many in the first category are in school and how many in the workplace.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 2:03 pm

I voted Yes. I work full time. I have to have a job that is structured and organized and I make it clear on interviews that I need to know exactly what is expected of me.

So far, I have done fine once I get used to the mechanics of a new job. My current job is like a cross between data entry and customer support (mostly via email which makes it easier). The data entry is great but the customer support takes some getting used to. But once I learned the procedures on how to handle various questions, I do Ok. My job does not involve me making decisions. If there is some sort of issue, more likely it needs to be referred to sales or some other department. My department is pretty much the bottom of the food-chain. We don't do much decision-making here and I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't last one day as a high-up responsible decision-maker.

15 Jan 2009, 2:21 pm

Used to work full time. I hope I can return to work soon and I hope I don't get laid off.

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 3:38 pm

working full time the last months
i'm exhausted almost all the time now
it's interesting but it's quite something
maybe it'll pass after a while?

for structure i have a good job, i'm a teacher,
the bell rings when there is another course, i have to write down everything in an agenda etc
and i have my own classroom (pretty cool that is!)

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 3:38 pm

Used to work full time, now I have a better paying job so I only have to work part time.

Shivan
Raven
Raven

17 Jan 2009, 5:06 pm

I work full time and during 2006 & 2007 I also went to school full time at the same time. I attended an online university so I could study at my own pace and by myself. I did very well with that type of learning system. I'd tried going to a regular university and died from boredom. My job is doing accounts payable and payroll which require very specific and easily understandable rules (at least easy for me, the other 3 people I work with can't seem to get any of the rules that go with payroll, nor can they remember which employee works where and we only have 100 employees which frustrates me a lot).

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 6:00 pm

yes and no

yes because i had a full time job
no because I live with my parents and they still support me to some extent

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 6:58 pm

Well I sure Wish I was employed.......... :(

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 9:04 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
yes and no

yes because i had a full time job
no because I live with my parents and they still support me to some extent

same here.

Shivan
Raven
Raven

18 Jan 2009, 12:52 pm

There really isn't an option of not working for me. My husband doesn't have medical insurance through his work, so I have to work to maintain health coverage. I've got 21 different medical problems which is expensive enough just for the prescriptions. My husband only has one medical problem, which costs way more than all of mine do. He has Crohn's disease and he gets an infusion of a medication called Remicade every 2 months. When he first started taking Remicade (every month), the actual cost of the medicine was $7,500.00 per dose. We pay $75.00. I've heard that the cost is down to around $2,500.00, but I don't know for sure. We still pay only $75.00 per dose. He's been on this medicine for about 5 years.

The good news though is that I found a job that I like and that I'm really good at (as long as I don't have to interact with too many people), because my CEO has already told me that she won't ever promote me due to my health problems.

Doro
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 5:36 pm

I work fulltime. :)

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 10:42 pm

I have worked full time for years. At one time I worked 20 hours per week and went to school full time, while a single parent. Now that the kid is grown, I just work full time (finished school years ago). Would have liked to have worked part time for the last few years, but fiscally that's not possible and it was necessary to keep medical insurance for my kid (who has a tendency to rack up the most amazing medical expenses for our insurer.)

If and when I can ever sell my home (probably in about 10 years, the way things are going), I look forward to working fewer hours outside the home - there are lots of things I'd rather be doing.