Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

dongiovanni
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Dec 2007, 5:21 pm

Does caffeine make anyone else here go out of their effing mind? I had two cups of coffee this morning (10 AM) and am now (5 PM) out of my ruddy mind. I feel perpetually exuberant. (This might be because I'm getting serious money for a piece of mine that I already wrote.) But I'm seriously constantly fighting off my happy stim so as to not make a complete ass of myself.

Any sympathisers?

I won't translate it because it doesn't mean anything.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 5:38 pm

I know exactly what you mean! I can't help it though, I love coffee!

Usually I pace frantically around the house mumbling to myself. Every once In a while I send belligerent PM's to people.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 5:49 pm

I cannot sit still after any amount of caffeine, it's awful, I avoid it at all costs. Unless I'm tired, hungover, and at work. In which case Red Bull is my friend.

mmaestro
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 5:50 pm

Honestly, it used to make me bounce off the roof. Muscles feeling like they could do anything, even my body and face especially would heat up if I had a lot, brain feeling like it could go forever, jittery sometimes. Then I got a job that required early mornings, and the only way I could operate was regular infusions of caffeine. Now caffeine doesn't do that much for me. I'm desensitised to it. Miss a morning, and I get the headache from hell, though.

Music of the Moment: Radiohead - In Rainbows

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Dec 2007, 6:01 pm

i like drinking coffee. i can drink a whole pot by myself and have been drinking it since i was 7

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 6:07 pm

A quality lifetime addiction.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 6:15 pm

Caffeine is a stimulate drug which makes people bounce off the walls, get the jitters or begin to feel "irritable and "cranky"...and can become an addiction. Nicotine in cigarettes is also, a drug. They are just more socially accepted than the illegal drugs like Cocaine, Heroin, and Marijuana.

If you stop drinking coffee, you will certainly suffer from headaches...a sign of withdrawal.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 6:17 pm

Except for the year I was pregnant and had my son, I've had a lifelong addiction to caffeine. I'm highly tolerant of it and thus, can drink coffee at night and sleep.
Last year I was treating my depression with caffeine pills (not smart) on top of the coffee I normally drank. I used to drink coke but don't anymore. If I go out to a cafe, I get double shots of espresso.

caffeine_demon
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Dec 2007, 6:59 pm

it's strange - it doesn't really affect me...

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 7:17 pm

^ :lol:

My morning cup of coffee definitely gets me started in a good mood.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

05 Dec 2007, 8:00 pm

I live in the Pacific Northwest; coffee is mandatory up here; and I like both coffee and espresso (and teas). I love the smell of coffee; I love coffee ice-cream.

The caffeine has little effect on me; sometimes it seems to actually make me more tired; or maybe it is something else. It does seem to interfere with me sleeping if I have it too late in the day, so I generally avoid caffeinated things after noon.

Occasionally, if I really over-do it, say decide to drink a whole pot of really strong coffee, then it does have some effect, though it is difficult to describe; in essence, it feels like a temporary but significant boost in intelligence; maybe some parts of my brain that don't normally do anything get woken up when this happens, and everything starts spinning in resonance and I can perceive and understand things I normally would not.

I've habitually partaken of large quantities of caffeine in the mornings, but I do not believe I've ever been "addicted" to it; this week, just on a whim, I've cut all caffeine out of my diet, have a Talking Rain now rather than a cup or few of coffee; I have not really noticed that much of a difference in anything.

Good fortune,

- Icarus will have a quad venti caramel macchiato, please…

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 8:24 pm

I'm sensitive to the stuff too... and when you say out of your mind, you mean manic, hyperactive? Or anxiety and paranoia. 'Cause I got the latter, and it ain't pretty. I've heard caffeine allergies can be pretty serious. Don't stop me from drinking coffee though :P

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 8:28 pm

Heh. :Bounces off the walls:

I'm sure this forum would be VERY interesting after everyone has had two pots of coffee. Indeed.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 11:09 pm

I'm not sure interesting would describe it...

Usually I catch myself before I hit "critical mass" and go nuts. Last time I didn't was roughly around Halloween... I spent a day or so maybe 75% certain that the FBI had it in for me and had enlisted the help of the campus maintenance department to monitor my every move. I have a paranoid background noise at all times, but that was pretty disturbing. Hilarious in retrospect, though. :lol:

Ozzy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Dec 2007, 5:31 am

Inventor wrote:
A quality lifetime addiction.

Amen.

Ferrelas
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2007, 5:55 am

I experience a slight change in the way I think after ingesting caffine, but I really hate it, it makes me feel stimulated in an unpleasant way. Besides I think it's accualy kinda harmfull to your psyche. I once suffered a minor psycotic episode after atking some caffine and ended up with a moth phobia for about 6 months.

However I still use it to stay awake ever now and then even if I prefer not to.