Page 4 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 12:20 pm

cruxdust wrote:

Because meltdowns are not planned, and what are you trying to imply by posting that? Are you for Aspie rights or against them?

Meltdowns are not planned. Are you absolutely sure that this is true?

Is there an Official Book of Meltdowns that you're referring to? Please cite your sources where it says that a meltdown must be something spontaneous and it cannot be the outcome of long-term built up pressure that finally gave way to a single act of violence.

Thank you very much.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 12:22 pm

mmaestro wrote:
I disagree completely. A meltdown is utterly independant of whether someone is there to see it. In fact, given my meltdowns are usually internal, I tend to isolate myself when I have them, and just shut down. Avoiding any human contact is part of what I do.

No two meltdowns are the same, because every single person on earth has their own unique way of expression.

cruxdust
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2007, 3:25 pm

jjstar wrote:
cruxdust wrote:

Because meltdowns are not planned, and what are you trying to imply by posting that? Are you for Aspie rights or against them?

Is there an Official Book of Meltdowns that you're referring to? Please cite your sources where it says that a meltdown must be something spontaneous and it cannot be the outcome of long-term built up pressure that finally gave way to a single act of violence.

Thank you very much.

State your own sources.

A meltdown is not a work of art, or an expression.

If I want to express myself, I'll write an article or something. A meltdown IS built up pressure, but it can't build up to a planned act, nor can someone plan when it happens. A planned murder is not the fault of Asperger's Syndrome or meltdowns. A planned murder, is a murder in cold blood, whether caused by frustration or not. I know of very few high-functioning autistics and aspies whose meltdowns result in more than a brief lashing out, and even fewer who'd be prepared to say that murder is all right because of AS.

EDIT- Are you deliberately trying to get people riled up, for your own entertainment, or just playing devil's advocate, because if you are, good job and I'm sorry.

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 3:58 pm

jjstar wrote:
That wasn't a meltodown. Can you absolutely know that is true?

jjstar wrote:

You remind me of a robot. :D No offense.

Also, you're making things up, so the burden of proof is upon you. We shouldn't be expected to believe that these are meltdowns just because you say so. We can't know anything absolutely, so this is no evidence.

How many of those scenarios were real? How many of them can be reliably linked to ASD? I don't see anything about that, or even suggestive of it, in the article you posted. They all just seem like stressed out people. Inventing a connection with ASD or anything else not espressed in the article is inductive logic and totally unhelpful.

There's something we should all recognize: People are violent. Violence doesn't only occur as a result of meltdowns or because of some disorder. I've never known a person who never became at least a little aggressive when particularly stressed or irritated. I wouldn't say they're all having meltdowns. There have to be some reliable signs for me to entertain the idea.

cruxdust
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2007, 4:21 pm

WurdBendur wrote:

There's something we should all recognize: People are violent. Violence doesn't only occur as a result of meltdowns or because of some disorder. I've never known a person who never became at least a little aggressive when particularly stressed or irritated. I wouldn't say they're all having meltdowns. There have to be some reliable signs for me to entertain the idea.

Seconded.

Ozzy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Dec 2007, 11:07 pm

cruxdust wrote:
WurdBendur wrote:

Seconded.

Yep.

I don't think there can ever be any excuse for them either. The world cannot have peace of any kind, if everyone expresses themselves this way. That being said, I (forgot the "I" the first time hehe) support the "peacekeeping mission" in Iraq. lol...But no politics, I hate politics.

-Ozzy

CeriseLy
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2007, 4:11 am

I think I hide my meltdowns or repress them but does anyone else feel like fainting when they see other people's toes?

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 6:51 am

Nobody can force you to do anything you're not already intent on doing.

Again, cite your sources that a meltdown is an immediate occurance without a pre-existing mental state of rage, anxiety, depression and hopelessness. Thanks again.

cruxdust wrote:
jjstar wrote:
cruxdust wrote:

Thank you very much.

State your own sources.

A meltdown is not a work of art, or an expression.

If I want to express myself, I'll write an article or something. A meltdown IS built up pressure, but it can't build up to a planned act, nor can someone plan when it happens. A planned murder is not the fault of Asperger's Syndrome or meltdowns. A planned murder, is a murder in cold blood, whether caused by frustration or not. I know of very few high-functioning autistics and aspies whose meltdowns result in more than a brief lashing out, and even fewer who'd be prepared to say that murder is all right because of AS.

EDIT- Are you deliberately trying to get people riled up, for your own entertainment, or just playing devil's advocate, because if you are, good job and I'm sorry.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 6:56 am

Of course I am a robot, because that is what you are projecting onto me :) I have no problem with your projections. It just slides off into infinity.

As for scenarios regarding the lead-up to psychiatric meltdowns, you will find at their core a long history - from birth - of repeated trauma, depression, anxiety and addiction (hopelessness, self-medication) that surfaced time after time throughout the individual's life - that was *treated* with prescription medication, isolation (self inflicted and/or hospitalization), visits at mental health facilities - all to put bandaiids on the rage - but without a DIF-FUSION it rears its head until self destruction becomes its sole goal. It can happen in an instant, it can happen over the course of a lifetime in slow suicide. And that is the reality. Ask any inmate in a prison, jail or mental hospital, if they'll respond.

WurdBendur wrote:
jjstar wrote:
That wasn't a meltodown. Can you absolutely know that is true?

jjstar wrote:

You remind me of a robot. :D No offense.

Also, you're making things up, so the burden of proof is upon you. We shouldn't be expected to believe that these are meltdowns just because you say so. We can't know anything absolutely, so this is no evidence.

How many of those scenarios were real? How many of them can be reliably linked to ASD? I don't see anything about that, or even suggestive of it, in the article you posted. They all just seem like stressed out people. Inventing a connection with ASD or anything else not espressed in the article is inductive logic and totally unhelpful.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 7:06 am

Says who? That's YOUR reality. People are by nature good, loving and compassionate. Their are those who haven't learned yet to recognize the goodness inside because of conditioning and abuse. Then they take it to the next level of listening to MASS-HYPNOSIS via media, culture, movies, video - all just ready to invigorate the dormant tendencies to become animalistic in nature and stomp all that goodness and compassion. Words in lyrics that tell you to kill, movies that glorify gore, horror, killing and violence. Media giving headlines to the worst possible scenarios that occur in manknd while the good news never has a chance. No people are NOT violent by nature, but they can become self-destructive manchurian candidates with enough repeated hype and subliminal messages. Bottom line - be your own person, carve your own way, seek the Truth and pursue the goodness of your heart so that YOU be a beacon for non-violence. Once you change - *people* will too.

<steps away from dispute>

WurdBendur wrote:

There's something we should all recognize: People are violent.

Aoife
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Dec 2007, 2:29 am

Speedy wrote:
I would not be any good if I was around him - discomfort makes me laugh. I want to use an emoticon, but am not sure what is appropriate here...

I know...I''m trying to hold it back as a simple smirk. But it's not working. :twisted:

If I were having a meltdown and someone laughed at me...lets just say things would not be good. :?

Meltdowns are awful.